Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pick posted:

it's pretty normal to not flush the toilet paper in other countries

everything else is wtf

It's only normal if you're in a country with lovely plumbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

$50 billion and they can't even bother to proofread what Google translate spits out.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

whoflungpoop posted:

gently caress yea abe :smugdog: this thread is goin places

This is the first time I've gotten vertigo from a picture.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Cannot Find Server posted:

Are they even doors though? The brown things on the right are doors, right? So those are either weird windows places in a bizarre fashion or tiny doors placed in a bizarre fashion. This picture is baffling.

Have some of you honestly never seen tilt-and-turn windows before?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Haruharuharuko posted:

Got bored made this if anyone wants it needs to be resized though.

If you can't puke in the toilet, where are you supposed to puke after drinking the yellow poison water?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Where should we put the tp?"

"Whatever."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vIPMiC8YYA

Maybe they figure that people will use less if it's a trip across the bathroom each time.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

Still doesn't explain why they decided to put those mirrors there lol

But yeah the US is kinda strange about any kind of nudity- like it is more scandalous to have a nipple in your movie than a man's head graphically exploding.

Wanting a little privacy when making GBS threads is not the same as being a prude about nudity, nor is it some uniquely American thing.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

serious photo: stray dog wanders onto official cross-country trail

Dog is good! Cheers for athletes with bark!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

seriously guys, somebody needs to do something about that leaking tarp

See? This is what happen when people open shower pipe and leave all day. This is why cameras are in showers.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

Who doesn't love pooping, looking up and beholding everyone else in the bathroom pooping as well?

If I've learned anything thus far, it's that Russians apparently love pooping with an audience.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Rabble posted:

Where is the snow??

They had to run to the store to get more white paint.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sochi's olympic flame:

Is it coal burning or something?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Fat Ogre posted:

Would anyone, at this point, even really notice? A bombing isn't going to make it any dirtier or less terrible.

They have an army of seamstresses standing by that will quickly repair any damage to the tarps.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

davebo posted:

Do you all not use adblock plus? I didn't see a single ad on that site.

I've used adblock for so long that I honestly never knew that some Youtube videos had ads before them until fairly recently.

If you don't want to deal with janky streaming sites, just install Media Hint and you can use the BBC iPlayer site from anywhere.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

I already watched the opening ceremony on the BBC, but I might have it on again in the background just to see if the American commentators are as laughably clueless as they were during the 2012 opening.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

the russian alphabet is so loving weird

It's not hard to learn. It's a lot easier than, say, Arabic script or the Japanese phonetic alphabet.

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 8, 2014

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

So the American commentators aren't any better than in 2012. England may be slowly turning into a creepy surveillance state, but at least the BBC commentators actually did their homework.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Zeluth posted:

Let the games begin! You know what games, I mean. Freaky scary poo poo, like the Ski jump, downhill racing, shalom and Russian toiletries.

Can anyone compete with Israel in this event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

Better answer.

Germany.

Germany single-handedly ruined most countries' chances in this event.

• Locked thread