Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Was there a thursday ep of Conan? Over at his website I'm only seeing Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nah, the rest of the week was new but last night was a rerun. The show's heading to Dallas next week so I guess they took off a day early to prepare.

3 episode week followed by a week off and then another 3 ep week. :allears:

Oh well at least we get a road show. Probably be another 3 ep week.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I think that the other late night hosts should stage a mock beating in of colbert. Then when they have finished he gets up and starts his first monologue.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Jesus loving Christ, looks like another week sans Conan. I think in the last 7 weeks or so they've had, what, 16 episodes?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

loudog999 posted:

Good news for Conan but it is getting harder and harder for me to watch it. I used to never miss an episode but now I have them pile up on my dvr 10 at a time before I watch the monologue then delete them. I still love the guy and think he can be hilarious but he needs to do something to freshen up the show.

On the other hand, I wish he'd do more shows. Every other week it seems he's doing a half or three fourths of a week.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Robnoxious posted:

BOX OFFICE POISON!

Norm and Tracy Morgan are my favorite Conan guests. Easily.

But goddamn, what the gently caress is with his loving trailers now. At least he capped this one with a googly eye joke.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Does anyone else do uncommented movie trailers?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo. Conan's got a part in Sharktopus Vs. Pteracuda, a Roger Corman-produced SciFi Channel original movie :stare: Hahahaha

And he rented a billboard with this on it:

Looks like Captain Nemo.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Oh my god, Conan and Dave Franco trolling Tinder for girls, rigging up a creepy rape van, meeting up with one of the girls they matched with and then hanging out with her and her family was loving amazing. I could not stop laughing. That's one of the funniest remotes Conan has done in a long time.

It was arguably better than their lyft remote with ice cube and kevin heart. Which was loving amazing.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Conan should have moved back to New York for TBS.

As much as I've enjoyed his remotes in LA, NYC and Manhattan especially is just such a much more interesting place to be out and about.

Alternatively, he can up his number of road shows to 4+ a year :colbert: since remotes are the best part of his show and a roadshow is like 4 hours of remotes right? :downs:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I'd settle for another four weeks off a year if we just got a travelling road show since remotes are the best part of his show and what is a road show if not a four hour remote?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I watched in the hopeless, desperate hope that Conan will do a remote. It almost never pays off.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

On the other hand, his remotes are the best in the business. Even though that isn't exactly saying much.

I love conan and try to catch every episode when it goes up on his website but he does need to mix up...something. I don't know, but he's got some good skits. Wikibears been excellent, I love his video game reviews and viewer connections connects more often than not. Loved that they did not cut the fire alarm and he played off it pretty well.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
All I know is that Seth Green is loving pocket sized.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
All I know is that will someone please make a gif of the "Can't laugh because it's too hot outside wife" on Conan licking the ice cream off her fingers and his befuddled reaction because it was the funniest part of the episode for me.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Schlansky owns.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Frostwerks posted:

Schlansky owns.

gently caress, I thought he was on Tuesday's show. Disappointed.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

bubblelubble posted:

Confession time: I used to find him a bit bland, but after watching him on SNL and his shows for a while now, and esp after seeing that pseudo-U2 performance with the Roots, I'm finding Jimmy Fallon rly loving attractive and it's freaking me out.

Yeah well if you love him so much, why don't you marry him.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Conan dropped the biggest burn on Cosby a couple days ago.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

pwn posted:

Which episode?

gently caress, I think Monday? Maybe not the biggest burn but it got a huge crowd reaction and I loved it the most. It was a segment of tv info button.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

counterfeitsaint posted:

I watched the cold open and monologue. It was...meh.

I don't think I'll be able to watch much of the guest hosts. Every time they cut to Drew's announcer guy, I got irrationally angry. Not because he's especially bad (he's certainly not good though), but just because how dare that little poo poo stand in Geoff's spot. That's Geoff's spot! Are you Geoff Peterson? No? Then, you get the gently caress out!

You want to see something really dire, watch Conan's first monologue back from the break.He whiffed on like four or five jokes on a row. It was painful.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Did conan do a Tuesday show? Says Steven Yeun was on the schedule but the full episode playlist is still stuck on Monday and usually it's 11am on the dot.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

TV Funhouse was pretty good.

The SNL shorts I mean, not the Comedy Central show.

Tv funhouse owned.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Who was the guy who got such a huge response from the women in the audience in the craigslist ad segment on Wednesdays conan? Anybody at all? Just seems strange for some rando to get such a rise.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

I thought he was actually referring to the fourth guy, the guy with grey hair that looked like a college professor or something. The crowd audibly "woo"s when he appears on the screen. Who knows, could have been anything really.

Yeah, this one.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is there anywhere to see it online yet, or do I have to wait for tomorrow night?

You can wait till around 11 am CST? Then again, I realize normal people might have work.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Deadpool posted:

Yeah even if Fallon's not your cup of tea he's made the show relevant which is something it hasn't been in over 20 years except for the short time period when they took it away from Conan and his last few weeks were glorious. Fallon is pretty loving great at being a late night host and is making a good, fun, successful show. And by all accounts loving every second of it and not just running through the motions like Leno did for years. But I can understand that some people won't find him all that great because he's not their ideal host or they don't like his brand of comedy. It's the same reason I get why Conan was a failure of a host even though I loved his short run. It's why I get that people loved Craig Ferguson even if I never did care for him.

I think I kinda missed the Conan scandal when it was happening. Are there any youtube recaps of these shows? I kinda wanna see the contemporary take on the whole ordeal from one of the principals.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Kristen Schaal was killing it on Conan tonight. Er, Tuesday.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Conan's most recent VLOG was absolutely killer.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Oh god, he came back for Monday's show!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Yeah, I saw his goodbye reel earlier :( Brian McCann left a while back, so between him and Stack, what characters is Conan even going to have left at this point?

The only ones that I thought were absolutely hilarious every single time they were on at this point were the Basic Cable Name That Tune guy (Stack), Minty The Candy Cane That Fell On The Ground (played by McCann but Stack sung the theme song) and Wiki Bear (voiced by Stack). Now those are all gone.

Conan losing wiki bear is a goddamned travesty.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
If there's anything holding Conan back it seems to be himself mostly. When he's on he's the best but drat if he doesn't seem like a guy who just doesn't give a gently caress anymore.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Hell yes, new Conan remote and it seems like it might be an interesting locale.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Toxx it then.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Was the guy who did Wikibear the guy who left Conan for Colbert a while back? Cuz that's a goddamn loving tragedy.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Toxxupation posted:

it was the worst overfocus on interviews (which are almost always the loving boringest part of late night anyways)

This is really my biggest problem with the format. Good guests are few and far between and good interviews are even loving rarer. There's a reason that Norm Macdonald clip gets posted so drat frequently. It's because the competition is scarce.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
It's why I like animals and Steven Ho. The animals are at least different and unpredictable by nature and Steven Ho's "interviews" are basically just extended and scripted skits.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

In the span of about an hour you asked why someone would watch these boring celebrity interviews, and then complained about how much you dislike seeing the same celebrity interview questions all the time because you watch so many of them.

I actually very rarely watch the interviews precisely because the Q&A are so predictable. Guests I like watching are grandfathered in, and guests I might like I'll try to give a watch to but I probably average maybe one interview a week.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Jordan Schlansky is so loving goddamned good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Teamcoco.com has gotten worse and worse over the past like... 2 weeks. Can't even watch the full Bill episode.