Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'd watch Late Night again if they were able to get the rights to the Weinberg 7 theme again. That theme has been retired for too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Fallon has always been able to get big guests for his shows. He's quite popular. He had bigger stars on Late Night than Conan had on The Tonight Show.
Are you saying Al Roker is not a big star??

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think I made it about 2 minutes into Myers' show. Wow that house band is really bad. How can you have a late night band without horn players?? It simply isn't done. It's in the rule book.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That is the maximum amount of times Jay Leno is allowed to say "That is gangsta"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Conan's contract is until 2015 too. That's way too convenient to not be the plan.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cka posted:

Why, though? It doesn't seem like he's unhappy at TBS or anything like that, and over there he has full control over his show (which probably has more worth than any dollar amount CBS could throw at him considering the past NBC indiscretions), so why would there be a big push back to 11:30 network?
You only get so many opportunities to move up. TBS can say they'll have Conan for as long as he wants but NBC said that once; you can't really take a network at their handshake. And TBS is minor league baseball, anyway.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Maybe NBC can grab Ferguson and put him on Late Night after they realize how bad Seth Meyers' Late Night is.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ufarn posted:

Did you ever watch Fallon's show, when he started out?
I did and it still had better production value than Seth's show, even though I didn't like it. I mean to be honest I didn't particularly like Fallon at the end of his run either, but I can still recognize his Late Night to be of higher quality. There's something about the high school garage band music, the all-wood set, the stiff and awkward interviews, that screams "This Was Our Plan B." Not that you need a fancy set or The Roots to put on a great show (Ferguson proves that, and Conan started with a hideous wood set), but the approach Lorne Michaels has brought to LN/SM has been very "I don't give a poo poo about this". Fallon got to grow into his role, but Seth isn't being put in a position to succeed.

e: I am trying not to judge Seth himself because it'll take at least 6 months to a year for him to figure out how to make Late Night -his- way, and put his stamp on it. I just get the same vibe from LNwSM that I got from the original Last Call with Carson Daly back in 2002, which is "we don't care if this succeeds or fails."

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 12, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Uh well I mean the Daily Show is literally a soapbox. Is that actually under debate? I'm not saying it isn't a funny show but I mean it's a show that preaches to the choir. The old days of the Daily Show being more like the Onion are kind of behind it, and by behind it I mean by a decade.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think that it falls under the realm of preaching to the choir, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You call it "preaching to the choir," I call it "knowing your audience." He's not on a loving pulpit, he's basically doing stand up with the assistance of a projector (and a chair).
Right. Much like political cartoonists are just illustrators that know their audience!