Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

The last game to seriously call him Robotnik was that crappy RPG Bioware shat out (Sonic Generations called him Robotnik once as a joke). They're not going to go back to Robotnik, get over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Jesus that's a lot of new Sonic friends.

Not really? They just look like generic side-characters, the kind of characters who would just be some human in the Adventure series.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ok, I'm loving sold on the show.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Nah, they were skin-tone for a while. I can't remember when they changed to blue, post SA2 maybe?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Xad posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that iirc, Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) was created based on the results of an official online poll that asked "which Sonic character should get their own game?"

So we did this to us.

And it's hilarious.

I voted for the Eggman game. :colbert:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah, Bristow passed away after Heroes. Since they had to re-cast Eggman they just decided to drop the entire voice cast and replace them with the 4Kids cast from the Sonic X dub. As you said he was the only good voice in the cast so when they decided to drop 4Kids and re-cast again, he was the only one kept on.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah in the fleetway comics sonic goes homicidally insane when he becomes super sonic so i guess that's the aftermath of that. no idea why he doesn't give a gently caress about the pig though

From my vague memories of the comic, I think the pig was a robot spy.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dabir posted:

Do we actually know how old he is? I know the Heroes manual had ages for everyone playable but I dunno about the villains.

The Sonic Heroes manual unfortunately lists himas "Age unknown".

It does however say that he's a "romanticist, feminist and a self-professed gentleman".

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The games stopped taking themselves seriously and adopted a more Saturday morning cartoon style back in Colours, I believe Sega brought in some of the guys behind Happy Tree Friends to take over writing duties after Unleashed.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Aww man, I just got Sonic the Hedgehog. How dull.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

There is also a Sonic comics Humble Bundle, which looks like it includes almost everything since the reboot. Only things that look to be missing are the Sega/Capcom crossover (which was crap) and currently running storylines.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/sonic-comics-bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Christian Whitehead's Sonic 1,2,CD stuff are on the PS3/360/steam/android/ios

Pretty sure only CD is on Steam, 1&2 are just emulations.

• Locked thread