Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I guess here's a quick and dirty look at the cast so far.
(* indicates that I haven't spent much time with them and may be wrong)

Ash Brolliams (Ash Williams, Evil Dead trilogy)
Weapon: Double barrel shotgun - short range, low speed, disgustingly high power. Fires twice consecutively.
Special: Chainsaw - Runs fast, chops up absolutely everything in his way. 1 charge.
Notes: As far as I can tell, he's bulletproof during the chainsaw spree, but will die if he plows into an explosive.

B.A. Broracus (B.A. Baracus, The A-Team)
Weapon: Flamethrower - Very short range, but constant high damage output. Very useful for carving holes in the ground.
Special: Cluster bomb - Explosion that slowly spreads outwards. 3 charges.

Boondock Bros (Murphy and Connor MacManus, The Boondock Saints)
Weapon: Dual pistols - Rapid firing, weak, moderate spread.
Special: Summon backup (more on this in a sec). 1 charge.
Notes: There are two of these guys. One will always try to follow the other, and will attack voluntarily if endangered.
If one Boondock Bro dies, the other one will turn red and temporarily become faster, more powerful, and fire faster.
Performing the special attack with one Boondock Bro down will revive the second one. Doing it with both alive will summon Il Duce (Il Broce?), who increases firepower even further.

Brade (Blade, Blade)
Weapon: Sword - Short range, extremely fast, sucks at breaking blocks.
Special: Flying sword dash - Soars through air, cutting through anything it touches. 3 charges.
Notes: Brade is particularly fast and has a very high jump to compensate for his lack of range.

Bro Dredd (Judge Dredd, Dredd [or, fine, Judge Dredd, or just the comics, whatever])
Weapon: Lawgiver - Moderate rate of fire, shots bounce.
Special: Guided missile - Leaves Dredd exposed, lets player remotely control a high explosive missile. 3 charges.

Bro Hard (John McClane, Die Hard)
Weapon: Dual SMGs - Super fast rate of fire, low power. Still carves through terrain like nobody's business.
Special: Flashbang - Stuns and confuses enemies in a large area. 3 charges.

Bro in Black (Agent J, Men in Black)
Weapon: Noisy Cricket - Fast, huge explosion, huge kickback. Will send player flying, but not very easy to control.
Special: Neuralyzer - Large beam stuns any enemy in its path. 3 charges.

Brobocop (Robocop, Robocop)
Weapon: Auto-9 pistol - Shots can be charged up to release a barrage of powerful bullets at once.
Special: Targeting system - Leaves Brobocop exposed, but displays a timed aiming guide onscreen, that can be used to 'mark' opponents. When time is up, super-powerful bullets curve and cut through almost anything to reach and hit the targets. 3 charges.

Brochete (Machete, Machete films)
Weapon: Throwing machetes - Low range, moderate-high power, one-two projectile.
Special: Machete storm - Freezes in place, fires a barrage of high-power knives in an outward cone formation. This attack's aim can be adjusted once started. If started in midair, Brochete slowly floats downwards. 3 charges.
note: Brochete seems to have a special property on his basic projectiles, where an enemy will get skewered and fly backwards with the knife. Not entirely sure what exactly this entails, yet, but I think it damages any enemy that it hits.

Brodell Walker (Cordell Walker, Walker, Texas Ranger)
Weapon: Pump-action shotgun - Slow, wide spread, good power.
Special: Air strike beacon - Throws grenade, five missiles (guided by big red lasers) aim at beacon from upper left corner at 45 degree angle. These hit whatever's in their way, so they likely won't hit targets in an underground cave. 3 charges.

Brominator (Terminator model T-800, Terminator movies)
Weapon: Minigun - Slow startup, high rate of fire, high power. Acts as a backwards propulsion device from recoil alone.
Special: Shed exoskeleton - Go full robot, turn invincible, significantly reduce knockback from firing minigun. 1 charge.
Notes: Extremely slow and heavy, especially in endoskeletonal mode. Probably don't want to try risky jumps with this guy. Also, I wasn't kidding about the backwards propulsion device - he can literally fly across the level if used right.

Brommando (Col. John Matrix, Commando)
Weapon: FLASH rocket launcher - Slow, powerful rocket launcher. Brommando can not directly kill himself with the blast from this.
Special: Rocket salvo - Fires 5 rockets in rapid succession, that have longer range and do extreme damage. 3 charges.

Bronan the Barbarian (Conan the Barbarian, Conan the Barbarian [Arnie version, natch])
Weapon: Broadsword - Does powerful slash projectile with a large vertical hitbox, can charge to increase range (and power?) of slashes.
Special: Overhead slam - Releases hilarious Arnie yell, leaps into air, tears poo poo up with a huge forward-traveling shockwave. 3 charges.

Col. James Brodock (Missing in Action trilogy, specifically Braddock: Missing in Action 3
Weapon: Rotary Grenade Launcher - Slow, medium range, launches large projectiles that bounce off of walls and cause damage (and stun) to enemies before exploding. Kind of like a portable coconut gun, but with a timed bang.
Special: "Fireworks" grenade. Shoots one large grenade at medium range. Doesn't seem to bounce as much as primary attack. Sits and then explodes, sending a cluster (how many?) of smaller grenades into the air, which come back down and explode on their own timer. 3 charges.

Broniversal Soldier (Pvt. Luc Deveraux/GR44, Universal Soldier series)
Weapon: Single shot rifle. Slow rate of fire, medium range. Shoots huge, slow projectiles. Doesn't seem to be too powerful?
Special: Revival charge. Short range pulse that revives fallen teammates and foes to fight alongside you, mirroring your inputs as best they can. 5 charges.

*Cherry Broling (Cherry Darling, Planet Terror)
Weapon: Prosthetic leg assault rifle - Long range, high power, high speed, can only aim down. "Pushes" Cherry a bit, letting her hover. Will aim slightly in the opposite direction of the direction pushed while in midair (meaning that hovering right will cause her to shoot left.)
Special: Underslung grenade launcher - Long range, moderately high explosive. Can similarly only aim down. I think it gives her an extra push in midair? 5 charges.

Ellen Ripbro (Ellen Ripley, Alien duology)
Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle - Medium repeating fire, long range, stuns enemies and 'charges' them. Shooting them enough causes an explosion (not a gib, a full-on blast).
Special: M240 Flamethrower - Releases a tall burst of fire that slowly moves forward. Hella damaging to enemies. 3 charges.

Indiana Brones (Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones trilogy)
Weapon: Whip - Short-medium range, comes out fast, very weak damage. Causes enemies to run when cracked. Can be used as a grappling hook, a la Worms.
Special: Revolver - Slow rate of fire, long range, hell of fast. Small explosion when it hits a target, seems to go through targets it doesn't kill. Still has the flare gun sprite. 5 charges.

MacBrover (Angus MacGyver, MacGyver)
Weapon: Sticky bomb - Low-range arced lob, if used up-close it will stick to walls and enemies. Explodes shortly after landing.
Special: Decoy - Causes enemies nearby to become curious and gather around it. Creates large explosion on detonation (pressing special button again). 3 charges.
Notes: Enemies will try to line up near the same location as the decoy, even if they are above or below it. Planting a bomb directly on an enemy will usually cause them to flip out and run away.

Nebro (Neo, The Matrix trilogy)
Weapon: Punch - No range, quick combos.
Special: Bullet time - Creates a shield around Nebro, that slows down bullets and returns them to sender. Turns red as it decays. 3 charges.
Special 2: Matrix jump - Performed by pressing a direction and melee while not in melee range. Nebro will fly through the air until reaching an obstacle, at which point he'll hit with great impact (usually destroying a layer or two of the ground and anything on it). The Matrix jump can be combo'd together in midair, but the same direction can't be used twice in a row (so, for instance, "left, up" will work, "up, up" will not).

Rambro (John Rambo, Rambo series)
Weapon: M60 machine gun - Rapid fire, large spread. Your basic machine gun.
Special: Grenade - No frills thrown explosive. Rambro just gets more than anyone else. 5 charges.

Snake Broskin (Snake Plissken, Escape from New York/Escape from LA [totally wearing the LA attire, though])
Weapon: Coreburner rifle - Lower rate of fire, but long range and high power with no spread whatsoever.
Special: Molotov cocktail - Explodes on impact with anything, covering the nearby area completely in fire. 3 charges.

Timebro (Agent Max Walker, Timecop)
Weapon: Burst rifle - Medium-Long range, fires a short burst of high-speed rounds, with a slight delay between bursts.
Special: Time Slow - Slows down time for everyone and everything but the player. 2 charges.

EXPENDABROS-ONLY CHARACTERS:
Based on the Expendables 3 cast. We want Jet Li!

Broney Ross (Barney Ross)
Weapon: Colts akimbo - Medium-short range, high speed and power.
Special: Sticky bombs - Throws three at once. Short range, short arc, stick to any object/surface before exploding on timed fuses. 3 charges.

Bro Christmas (Lee Christmas)
Weapon: Throwing knives. Fires off five at once in very rapid succession, at (very) slightly varied heights and short range.
Special: Knife flurry. Fires off a poo poo ton of knives at a low arc, landing in a wide area in front of Christmas. Lasts a second or two, locks Christmas in place, but can be switched from side to side. 3 charges.

Trent Broser (Trench Mauser)
Weapon: Automatic shotgun (slug-loaded) - Medium firing speed, high power, high projectile speed, medium range.
Special: Air strike - Long-range grenade, upon landing it calls down five missiles from the upper left corner of the stage. The same notes as Brodell Walker apply. 3 charges.
note: I think Broser's airstrike shots are spaced apart wider than Walker's.

Bronar Jenson (Gunnar Jensen)
Weapon: Rotary grenade launcher. Slow, medium range and arc. Sticks to anything. Explodes with a long fuse.
Special: R/C bomb. Forfeits control of Bronar momentarily to take control of a remote control car. The car can hop and climb ledges. Firing again causes a large explosion. The car itself causes enemies to panic. 3 charges.

Bro Caesar (Hale Caesar)
Weapon: Minigun. Long range, high power, high speed, slow startup.
Special: Shockwave slam. Leaps into the air, propelling self forward with minigun. Lands down with a tall, medium-wave shockwave that travels across the ground level that Caesar lands on (and destroys said ground.) During flight, Caesar shoots at a 45 degree angle down and back from himself. 3 charges.
Note: Caesar is lighter than the Brominator and, as such, can still fly across the level with his gun.

Broctor Death (Doctor Death)
Weapon: Sword. Very short range, quick attacks. Holding a direction alters the attack (forward-stepping swipes for left and right, jumping uppercut for up, jumping ground stab for down. The left and right ones can combo into each other.)
Special: Dashing thrust. Fast dash, carves through environment (with a pretty tall hitbox - he carves out like three blocks above him.) Pushes enemies and physics objects together, and destroys them at the end. I think it might make him invincible during the dash itself? I forgot to check. 3 charges.

Toll Broad (Toll Road)
Weapon: Shotgun with Dragon's Breath rounds. Medium-slow firing, very short range. Destroys blocks easily (hits multiple times?), lights enemies and objects on fire.
Special: Fireburst grenade. Large grenade with 'heavy' arc, bursts into several smaller projectiles that slowly arc towards the ground and ignite anything in their path. 3 charges.

LvK fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Geokinesis posted:

Nice, although Brodell Walker's special summons 5 missiles rather than 3!

Noted. Fixed a few other things, too.

I'm still not entirely sure how the Boondock Bros work. Sometimes it seems like the CPU-controlled bro will only ever stab on his own, and one time I think the dead bro regenerated without me activating the special? That last part might just be a glitch, since I literally just got a glitch where the dead bro was dropping disappearing corpses of himself every time he left the ground.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
haven't had too much time to play with the new Steam build, but some things of note:

-It seems that Bro in Black's gun has significantly less recoil
-The knife slashes now drag you forward (with all characters?) and it gets kind of annoying occasionally
-The Dolph Lundgren boss' AI is WAY more timid now, to the point of being annoying and hard. My suggestion is to just get in close and knife him so he keeps doing his giant bowser superjump until he punches a hole through the bottom of the screen.

also, haven't had MUCH chance to play with the new character, but:
Ellen Ripbro (Ellen Ripley, Alien duology)
Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle - Medium repeating fire, long range, stuns enemies.
Special: M240 Flamethrower - Releases a tall burst of fire that slowly moves forward. Hella damaging to enemies. 3 charges.

information may or may not be accurate, I will play around more later

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

PenisMonkey posted:

Great game. Only thing I don't like is the automatic switching of the character when you free someone. I get bummed when it switches me to BroGyver.

Sounds like you need to start getting creative :colbert:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
That and sticking dynamite to people close range so they run screaming and blow up someone else, yeah.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Geokinesis posted:

If you keep shooting the corpses with Ripbro's rifle they'll explode, not just into gibs but a proper explosion.

Oh, neat! I knew I missed something. I thought the explosion was unrelated to what happened, honestly.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Geokinesis posted:

Seems to be, only 2 official bros added and now you can't be the Chuck Norris variant anymore.

Wait, does that mean that Brodell Walker isn't playable this update?

Also, grenade launcher Chuck Norris? Sounds like Invasion Bro.S.A.

(I'll try to get around to the new characters/changes tonight :)1 )

1 :flame:

edit: ohhh durp misread, long day at work, don't mind me

LvK fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 29, 2014

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Weird, I got the alternate Chuck Norris. Forgot to play around with him much, though. My bad, though, it's Missing in Action Chuck (specifically, Braddock: Missing in Action 3 where he had the honkin' big grenade launcher. Brodock?), Invasion USA was the super-phallic rocket launcher.

So far it looks like Time Bro might have a shockwave at the end of his burst fire shots? Can't tell yet.

Indie got his whip and his flare gun changed, and his flare gun is pretty dang different now.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Seems like it comes out a pinch slower, it definitely has a windup animation now. Also it's his primary.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Geokinesis posted:

Indiana's secondary is a gunshot that pierces well.
In reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc

Ooh, good catch.

Updated the Guide post. As always, feel free to correct me on anything.

Also I had some weirdness with either Broniversal Soldier or the Boondock Bros, or both. Not sure. I think I hit my revive function as soon as I died and switched to Boondock Bros, and immediately got the spare bro killed. Somehow Broniversal soldier becomes my second, and the concept of Boondock Saints became a lot more rad.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Geokinesis posted:

The only thing in the guide is that with the Broniversal soldier, his special IS meant to revive dead foes in the area of effect - the update video shows it as the feature.

Man, what a weird mistake to accuse me of making. Can't you read better? I never said that.

fixed, bro

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
needs Ong-Bro/The Brotector, who can hop off of enemy heads like Mario, if Mario was dropping the goddamn knee on every skull he saw

also Billy Bro (from the incomplete masterpiece, Bro of Death), who can use his one-inch punches to turn enemies into projectiles

... also Bro With No Name, who can send fuckoff hilarious big barrels tumbling over enemies and exploding

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
It's "Broquila".

Connor McBro, of the clan McBro (invincible except to explosions, crushing, falling, etc? I donno)

Charles Broson as Paul Brosey, with the ability to kill literally everything when the enemies kill his wife again.

Wait I think I lost myself a bit on that last one.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Brospector Ng (played by Brochelle Khan) and Brospector Morris (played by Cynthia Brorock) as the Brolice Assassins, a formidable and acrobatic Hong Kong action tag team. Players control Ng, who can do action dives and wall jumps and is armed with a pistol. Morris acts on her own, using melee skills to automatically beat down nearby targets. Special is to throw a pistol to Morris for increased firepower or, if Ng dies, to revive Ng as the backup character. Rinse and repeat for as long as you keep getting shot but find ammo refills before you get shot again.

Look, it's kind of loose and obscure but I really liked Yes, Madam!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Poopinstein posted:

We could use some Clint Eastwood bros. The Bro With No Name? Bro-ty Harry? The Outload Brosey Wales?

Yah, those are a stretch, but we could use some cowboy action! Make your secondary attacks whips, tobacco spit, shot guns, razor sharp tumbleweed? Or sorts of possibilities!

Like I said, Bro With No Name's gotta have a giant exploding barrel crushing everything in its path for his special attack.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Imbromation Station Post updated.

I've barely played between when Cherry got officially unveiled and tonight, and for some reason I have more trouble with Expendabros, and I can't seem to get Cherry to come up randomly when I play, so feel free to shoot holes in all of the new character descriptions, or point out updates for old bros that I just missed.

I really hope that, if we don't get the expendabros in the main game, we at least get some of the gimmicks. Broctor Death is really fun.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
hey, Brodell Walker's pretty fun.

Boondock Bros and James Brodock, yeahhhhh, they suck. Probably could stand to give Brodock's grenades some different properties so it gets better bounce, or just go full-on actiontarded and have it punch the foes backwards with a direct hit

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
one of the reasons this game is so good is that I'm even starting to enjoy playing as Grenade Chuck occasionally.

I still scramble like hell to find another bro when I get him, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
to be honest, it's all in the perfectly '80s-action-movie reactions. Drop a grenade down a ladder shaft, get the comedically timed double-take from the mooks before everything explodes.

• Locked thread