Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

CommanderApaul posted:

Dana was from Season 10. The Seasons are filmed back-to-back, so Season 11 was probably still in the editing room while they were filming Season 12.

This was the worst shitshow of a performance I've ever seen them have on this show, and I know the previews are misleading, but I seriously thing Ramsay is going to say 'gently caress you all, noone gets a black jacket, now do this poo poo over again."

Granted preview editing, but the winner was supposed to wear the black jacket during service and all of them are still wearing red or blue in the preview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
I don't think I've been that satisfied by an episode of Hell's Kitchen in a long time. Seeing them fail again and again was perfect. I don't like any of them and seeing them all suck is seriously the best. Only way too top this is to just get to the last episode and for Ramsey to say nope, you two both suck too much. No winner this year.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Zachack posted:

Granted preview editing, but the winner was supposed to wear the black jacket during service and all of them are still wearing red or blue in the preview.

nah even when they guarantee that the winner of some challenge will get a black jacket, they still wear their regular jacket until everyone else received one

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Twee as gently caress posted:

nah even when they guarantee that the winner of some challenge will get a black jacket, they still wear their regular jacket until everyone else received one

I feel like he mentioned in this episode they would be wearing it at the next service.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Honestly, I think the show's at a point where they could do a second chance season. Have people vote on who they'd like to see come back and run with it.
The History Channel did that with their final season of Top Shot. I guess when Fox is ready to pull the life support on Hell's Kitchen, they can do an "All Star" season.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I've been binging through the most recent Masterchef Australia, and it outclasses the American version so handily it's frankly embarrassing. Light on the drama, the judges don't go in for insults when they taste a horrible dish, and short of one clear front-runner and the one or two that linger on the bottom and always stick around, it's a really level playing field with an incredible level of talent.

Joe Bastianich can go gently caress himself after seeing this. What a shame.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Propaganda Machine posted:

I've been binging through the most recent Masterchef Australia, and it outclasses the American version so handily it's frankly embarrassing. Light on the drama, the judges don't go in for insults when they taste a horrible dish, and short of one clear front-runner and the one or two that linger on the bottom and always stick around, it's a really level playing field with an incredible level of talent.

Joe Bastianich can go gently caress himself after seeing this. What a shame.

Ya. Its a huge change to see the judges actually support the contestants. Also how everyone tries to help each other out and seem genuinely upset when someone has to leave or struggles.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm not even sure why I watch this anymore. Ramsay has become boring (seriously, when have we gotten something as awesome as, "Oh gently caress off you fat loving sack of yankee dankee doodle shite," lately?) and the constant cliffhangers are just stupid now. We get it producers, nobody's going to win the challenge, you could have made it interesting if you cut it off with three or more people left to test, not just a cliffhanger for one loser in a cesspool of losers.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Shitenshi posted:

"Oh gently caress off you fat loving sack of yankee dankee doodle shite,"

Stuck a feather in his hat and called IT'S maca-RAW!!! :ramsay:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So since the forums were down I want to take this moment to talk about Masterchef and how I don't hate Leslie as much as I probably should for what happened on Monday's episode.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
During the down time, Ramsay has decided to end Kitchen Nightmares in both the US and UK

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/gordon-ramsay-to-end-kitchen-nightmares-series-in-u-s-and-u-k-1201242302/

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
^^^ e;fb. :argh:

After the lunacy that was ABC, it's probably about time.

Ramsay ending Kitchen Nightmares in both UK & US after the next batch of UK episodes.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Here's to hoping the new UK episodes will be edited and presented in UK style instead of the US style of the FOX episodes.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
It seems we are back. Random thoughts from this week's Masterchef:

Seems Leslie is the new villain and, admittedly, I lost whatever respect I had for the guy. It's one thing to be a bad leader, but he completely failed at doing anything resembling leading. And it's not that he was wrong about Ahran's attitude toward him, but he's so completely defensive about his own non-performance that it's embarrassing.

How bout those wedding guests?

Say what you will about this show and how set up it is, and how little it cares about the food in favor of drama and all, but when they swerved Leslie that it wasn't his choice who had to cook, it was great.

Of course that was followed by an extremely obvious pressure test where Jordan's fatty steak sent him home, and they telegraphed it almost from the beginning.

Willie being on #TeamLeslie, wha?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

OmegaBR posted:

How bout those wedding guests?
Hipsters. :argh:

loving Malibu Ken. That surprise reversal before the pressure test was pretty drat funny. It's too bad it was painfully obvious Generic Male Contestant # Whatever was the one who was leaving.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm happy that Kitchen Nightmares is wrapping up. The American version definitely peaked with ABC, although I'll miss the English version. Hopefully this means that he's going to do more seasons of Great Escape.

Or, alternatively, relax a little bit and enjoy life instead of having like 20 different TV shows and restaurants. Dude's earned it.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
I hope he takes my suggestion and re-releases it as "Dipshits with Restaurants"

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001
There hasn't been Kitchen Nightmares UK in forever, anyway. There was the one off with Great British Nightmare, but that's already like 5 years ago.

There's still new episodes of Hotel Hell to come, which is just pretty much Kitchen Nightmares USA, but with gross hotel rooms in addition to their lovely kitchens.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Also with the shirt-changing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Marco Pierre White on MS Australia. Good times.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
I didn't like Curtis Stone in the last episode (MS:Aus) at all. The quality of the dishes going out seemed worse than usual. He had really poor screen presence and didn't seem particularly helpful. Also not surprised that Sara came back. The judges seemed to be blatantly favoring her. I could do with more interesting Asian dishes and less chicken roulades

brendaneph
Apr 14, 2003
I'm surprised that they didn't do the :byodood: Walmart steaks promotion for the elimination challenge.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Man Leslie is such a loving shithead. "Foah da pressha test I choose...IRAN."

I wonder how much of his defensive cattiness is real and how much is played up for TV.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

1st AD posted:

Man Leslie is such a loving shithead. "Foah da pressha test I choose...IRAN."

I wonder how much of his defensive cattiness is real and how much is played up for TV.

To be fair Ahran doesn't come off all that well either. Maybe they've had clashes off camera but she's straight up petulant and rude and then starts crying when Leslie turns out to also be petulant and rude. Also, "a real man would've chosen himself for the challenge" :allears:

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001
Elsewhere, someone has brought up that Ahran's official MasterChef social media accounts have all gone missing. Also, Leslie is Melissa Joan Hart's stepdad.

Anarkii posted:

I didn't like Curtis Stone in the last episode (MS:Aus) at all. The quality of the dishes going out seemed worse than usual. He had really poor screen presence and didn't seem particularly helpful. Also not surprised that Sara came back. The judges seemed to be blatantly favoring her. I could do with more interesting Asian dishes and less chicken roulades

It didn't seem like the quality of dishes was Curtis' fault, really. I think this is at least the second time on MasterChef Australia that they had one of these charity challenges, and there was a single super donor who pretty much decides the winning team.

And it was kind of neat to see Vikas Khanna, who appeared on Kitchen Nightmares USA a long time ago (Dillons/Purnima from season one) as Gordon's expert consultant chef, pop up for the pressure test.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I actually straight up texted my best chef friend from back home about MPW being on Masterchef, since said friend is the one who had me read The Devil In The Kitchen. Good times, man.

-Made Ramsay CRY
-Threw a plate of risotto at Battali

Best resumé EVER.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mateo360 posted:

During the down time, Ramsay has decided to end Kitchen Nightmares in both the US and UK

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/gordon-ramsay-to-end-kitchen-nightmares-series-in-u-s-and-u-k-1201242302/

Wait, he didn't end Kitchen Nightmares UK like 5 years ago? There haven't been new episodes I've been missing, have there?

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Anosmoman posted:

To be fair Ahran doesn't come off all that well either. Maybe they've had clashes off camera but she's straight up petulant and rude and then starts crying when Leslie turns out to also be petulant and rude. Also, "a real man would've chosen himself for the challenge" :allears:

On the other hand, she's a literal high school student and he's the oldest contestant on the show. You'd think he'd be more mature than her.

Not on this show, of course, but still!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Lyesh posted:

On the other hand, she's a literal high school student and he's the oldest contestant on the show. You'd think he'd be more mature than her.

Not on this show, of course, but still!

I know this is how I should feel, but honestly her getting all huffy when he mispronounces her name and then when he apologizes again screaming "YOU'RE NOT REALLY SORRY!" is just so childish that I find it hard to blame someone for losing his patience with her. Especially when everyone then coddles her because she cries.

Yes he should be the mature adult in the situation, but she really shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

raditts posted:

Wait, he didn't end Kitchen Nightmares UK like 5 years ago? There haven't been new episodes I've been missing, have there?

I don't think so. Says he is filming 4 new episodes for UK Kitchen Nightmares, Costa Del Nightmares or something? But I'm not aware of any new UK ones past Dovecote...

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Asiina posted:

I know this is how I should feel, but honestly her getting all huffy when he mispronounces her name and then when he apologizes again screaming "YOU'RE NOT REALLY SORRY!" is just so childish that I find it hard to blame someone for losing his patience with her. Especially when everyone then coddles her because she cries.

Yes he should be the mature adult in the situation, but she really shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

It's not that Iran is being coddled, it's just that almost everybody hates Leslie.

Also at this point it seems like he is deliberately mispronouncing her name for kicks.

I loved it when Courtney was trying to coach Francis B during the pressure test and Scottish Francis slides in and is all "don't coach your competition, ladies."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I don't remember what happened, but I thought there was bad blood between them going in, so his mispronunciation of her name seemed deliberate (to her and to me). Then he was just a huge rear end in a top hat with the world's most sarcastic apology, saying she had to respect him when he didn't give enough of a poo poo to get her name right, she had to say please and thank you when he'd been barking orders at her for half the challenge . . . just a total rear end in a top hat. If she were a little older she hopefully would've stayed cool enough to respond instead of getting so angry and frustrated she cried, but I totally understand why she did.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Watching this week's Masterchef now.
Boy, that Leslie sure is a gigantic twat. There's no way he didn't know how to pronounce her name beforehand, he did it two different times.

Knowing this show that probably means he and Courtney are going all the way to the end though.

OmegaBR posted:

Of course that was followed by an extremely obvious pressure test where Jordan's fatty steak sent him home, and they telegraphed it almost from the beginning.

Well yeah, you know they aren't going to send Leslie home because he's a loving cartoon character, and they're not going to send Francis home because he's the guy who took over from that incompetent gently caress and he shouldn't have been up there in the first place. They pretty much orchestrated it to get rid of Jordan.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 26, 2014

Wuphons Dream
Mar 29, 2007

raditts posted:

Watching this week's Masterchef now.
Boy, that Leslie sure is a gigantic twat. There's no way he didn't know how to pronounce her name beforehand, he did it two different times.

Knowing this show that probably means he and Courtney are going all the way to the end though.

Well yeah, you know they aren't going to send Leslie home because he's a loving cartoon character, and they're not going to send Francis home because he's the guy who took over from that incompetent gently caress and he shouldn't have been up there in the first place. They pretty much orchestrated it to get rid of Jordan.

Leslie is like George St. Geegland (John Mulaney) from Kroll Show

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

surf rock posted:

I'm happy that Kitchen Nightmares is wrapping up. The American version definitely peaked with ABC...

Or, alternatively, relax a little bit and enjoy life instead of having like 20 different TV shows and restaurants. Dude's earned it.

I can't think of anything that could possibly top ABC. Intentional poisoning, actual gangsters...

I am, however, glad that Gordon knows when to quit, at least when it comes to KN.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Asiina posted:

I dunno, I'd get a bit annoyed too if someone couldn't pronounce my name right after a few weeks together and it's not like it's a hard to pronounce name either. His apology was pretty lovely too.

The second time he called her Iran though when selecting her for the pressure test, that seemed kinda like he was deliberately being an rear end in a top hat.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Aside from Amy's Bakery, I had completely stopped watching Kitchen Nightmares a few years ago. I thought it was a bit too samey. At least the UK episodes had heart and were genuinely funny and entertaining instead of just dumb drama, disgusting freezer, more dumb drama, remodel, bankruptcy three weeks later.

Hopefully he keeps Hotel Hell going, because that was fun

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I would watch Kitchen Nightmares til the day I died if it really was just nightmarish kitchens and no intent on flipping the restaurant, just Ramsay going around the US exposing filthy rear end restaurants.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

1st AD posted:

It's not that Iran is being coddled, it's just that almost everybody hates Leslie.

Also at this point it seems like he is deliberately mispronouncing her name for kicks.

I loved it when Courtney was trying to coach Francis B during the pressure test and Scottish Francis slides in and is all "don't coach your competition, ladies."

Yeah and then Courtney tells him to add something and looks away, stroking her hair slowly like a super villain.

As far as age and maturity, let's not pretend a lot of these contestants have it, that's half the reason they're there in the first place. But I think Ahran got a little more confident and a little more loud after winning the challenge last time, and Leslie really didn't a drat thing as leader except ask questions, so she called him out on it. Plus the fact he basically admitted he sucked at the end, and then when people agreed with him he got all angry and defense about it.

He seems to have this chip on his shoulder that everybody assumes he'll be gone because he's the oldest and a stay at home husband from Malibu and all, but, as several of the competitors pointed out, they didn't assume he was an rear end in a top hat, he's proven that to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I won't lie, I actually don't mind seeing Leslie on the show. I think it's just the fact that he's a house-husband from Malibu that is just inherently amusing to me. He can definitely be a dick at times, though, but he's so cartoony I find it hard to hate him.

Courtney is more irritating to me, but as with a lot of reality TV shows, a lot of that is most likely down to their editing.