Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Uthor posted:

Was Ultimate Doc Ock the one who could control his arms from a distance?

No, that's Newspaper Strip Doc Ock. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Oh goddamnit. I keep skipping over Sandman panels because I'm still working my way through the tradebacks, and you lay that on me!

It's not your fault. I don't expect you to spoiler a several year old comic. It's just ffffffffff , you know?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Flesh Forge posted:

Dude I spoilered it :shrug:

This bit wasn't:

AnonSpore posted:

Ooh yeah I remember now.

The Corinthian was such a cool dude. You know. For a nightmare serial killer.

Flesh Forge posted:

He's just about the only uber villain I can think of who gets rehabilitated and his conversion to being One Of The Good Guys is cool and makes sense.

But as I said, it's not a big deal. Just motivation for picking up the rest of the tradebacks.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lurdiak posted:

It's just kind of crazy that everyone except him saw Samus as a badass strong woman who can kick everyone's rear end and is feared and respected by everyone, and apparently all of that was an accident on his quest to make games about a vulnerable sexy short lady with PTSD.

That dude is well known for being an incredible pervert. You know he was jacking off to this poo poo the whole time. Japanese culture has a huge elder worship problem, so thats how idiots like him, and the dude who loving up Parasite Eve, manage to get ahold of these projects. They won't just tell them " No, you suck, get out of here."

For those that don't know about Parasite Eve. She was like Samus, in that she was no-nonsense cop that kicked mutated beasts rear end. Well, in the PSP game, he had her mind essentially killed, and the mind of her 14 year old clone go into the elders body.
So, instead of a fighter, the whole game she is cringing and crying. PLUS, the more damage she takes, the more her clothing is torn, to the point where it's just underwear. AND she ends up marrying the dude the first woman was marrying, LIKE HE WOULDN'T NOTICE THE EXTREME PERSONALITY CHANGE

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, if there is one thing Jackson is good at, it's being a Loud Angry Black Man.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Turning around to knife fight the crazy killer who is supposedly fated to kill you instead of immediately escaping, especially when you're a social worker with no fighting ability, seems more dumb as gently caress than badass but I guess the line blurs sometimes.

Being badass doesn't really mean you make smart choices.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

TwoPair posted:

Huh. Might have to try reading this now. I distinctly remember reading Omega Men 1 and hating it but this looks good.

What is the context here?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
So wait, he was close enough to react to a nuke going off, but not enough to prevent the bomb at all?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

goatface posted:

Light is not that fast. It would travel all of 300 metres in a microsecond. He was going an absurdly large multiple of lightspeed.

Depending on how low "low yield" is, those people might get away with only being blind if they're looking at the explosion.

A mushroom cloud that big doesn't really say " Low Yield" to me.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Again: What is the context here.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yes, I can see everything past your first sentence. :\ that is all clearly in the panels.
Why are these universes colliding? I mean, hulk knocks over buildings all the time. Not really something new.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This thread got stupid in a hurry

"in a hurry"? It's been stupid the past 2 pages with the manga talk.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Flesh Forge posted:

No man don't you see it's ~satire~

Whats wrong with your faaaaacccce :gonk:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

You're Thorse? I can barely whisper!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I wish there was ever a time in which a young William Shatner played Batman.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Just keep scrolling until the anime goes away

oh god it's not going away

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I tend to stay away from any comic I need to {Scene from " A Beautiful Mind" with all the interconnected news articles} to make any sense of it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lurdiak posted:

There's a similar issue of the Batman Adventures comic (based on the animated series) where he sees what his life would be like if he hadn't lost his parents, and he's just some rich guy. He sees that Gotham has become a crime-ridden hellhole and is horrified, but all he can do is say "Someone should do something!", because he isn't Batman, just Bruce Wayne.

That is completely retarded. A super wealthy person like wayne has waaaay more power and ability to change things, than some rear end in a top hat in a cape.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Batman doesn't give a poo poo about justice, or stopping crime. If he stopped crime, he'd have no purpose. He puts his villians in places they can easily escape because without them, he is nothing.
People die so a rich rear end in a top hat can prance around in leather.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Cassa posted:

I loving hate that poo poo. So Batman's ok with some hired goons being murdered, but oh no, not the guy in the clown makeup.

Henchmen are replaceable. Without the Joker and others, Batman has no job, has no meaning. He deliberately keeps them alive so that he can maintain his fantasy world of being a hero.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I was thinking it was all some uh space RP video game, and he pretty much said gently caress it after he failed the quest.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Dude breath so stank, even the undead say hel nay

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
THat's no chicken! That is EVIL INCARNATE!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It's so loving ham handed that Tim Buckely may as well have written it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Love that sound effect.

PLORP

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

hiddenriverninja posted:

Fire whoever wrote that. Then again I guess it kind of illustrates that Bruce has no idea what living the good life is because he's preoccupied with being Batman. Still, yuck.

You can't buy class or good taste.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I'm the speech bubble that says GRAB!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
More like read from Hand to Garbage Can.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yes, the Dark Horse Conan stuff is good. I got the first like 9 volumes.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

prefect posted:

This is like those panels where somebody finds out Spider-Man is actually super-strong and just takes it easy on people because he's a nice guy. :neckbeard:

Spider guy cn lift something like 10 tons, but he has to pull his punches. Most of the people he fights are just regular people in suits. If he didn't, there would be people jelly everywhere.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

sticksy posted:

This issue is one of my all-time favorites as well. It also introduced (well, it was a couple issues prior but this solidified it) the idea of that goofy Bobby Drake as Iceman somehow being an Omega-level mutant and I've been fascinated since at the potential of him as a character and his powers.

Anyone with a mastery over Something specific is Omega level. Well, any sort of force. Sorry, Squirrel Girl.
Iceman, essentially, has a good degree of control over thermodynamics. Like how Magneto should be able to control pretty much anything, not just ferrous materials.
They are just too ignorant, or too stupid to think about their powers.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
So, he got murdered because he gave money to Anti-Mutant organizations?
I mean, your normal average person has every reason to be anti-mutant, what with the constant fighting, cities getting destroyed every other day.
How much "collateral damage" in terms of civilian lives are there every day caused by mutants?

So no, this isn't badass. It's killing a guy for dropping a fiver in the Salvation army bucket.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Doesn't matter what they were when it was created, mutants are long past being a standin for anything.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Skwirl posted:

When you're inside it it's equal pressure on all sides and America Chavez is among other things "a good egg."

It's just a big hard hug

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Those Norse sure did love their war

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The only good Batman was NightOwl*.

*comic batman**

**wait, they made comics with Adam West type batman, didnt they?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Thank you for adding in the backstory. Based on that art in the first panel, I was thinking Batman got vampired again.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
TO ME, MY HERALD!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Pastry of the Year posted:

No it isn't. It's hilarious. Frank is trying to save face in his war journal after Captain America kicked the red, white, and blue out of him for being an insane gun murderer.

e: I like seeing Gun Crazies getting owned

Guns are bits of metal, how can you murder guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
No he isn't. He just got that gun from his supplier and is testing it out.