Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Just finished Avenger's Childrens Crusade and it was pretty good. I was wondering if any comics address what the avengers do with the giant stone memorial statues for their fallen roster whenever one of them gets revived. Is their just a warehouse somewhere?

Another dumb question, I have not read any of Miles Morales 616 adventures yet and wondering if they address the angst of moving from a dead universe or not. I got a feeling their going to sidestep it since there's supposed to be a 8 month time skip but it's pretty screwed up thing for a 15 year old to go through. Like even though most of his supporting cast carried over and their identical there's still people like Jessica Drew (A complety different incarnation, Cloak and Dagger , Kitty Pryde (Who were aged down in the Ultimate Universe), Gwen Stacy and Aunt May (The former which probably has been dead before Miles learned how to walk).

I may have gotten attached to the Ultimate U more than I should have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Soonmot posted:

This is the first time that combination of words have been posted.

My first Marvel comic was Avengers Dissembled and Ive read every comic leading up to Childrens Crusade over the past 8 years.

It was very nostalgic

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Has Teddy aka Changling aka Hulkling ever met any of his family or interacted with Carol Danvers in an interesting way? I've read all of Young Avengers including the Secret Wars tie in where he talks to his skrull imposter Dad but don't recall seeing any interaction between Carol and Phyla-Vell

3 post annilation GotG comics is mostly my understanding of her character though

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Poor Cass, though, she lost her BFF to lovely writing, her Bludhaven supporting cast to Infinite Crisis, THEN got Beechened, and right when she was about to finally get a stable status quo as consolation prize, she gets written out of the universe or having ever been Batgirl. Then her budding relationship with Tim gets thrown out the window in Convergence for a lazy writer to go back to Steph angsting over Tim & vice versa because the writer was pretty much stuck in the late 90s. Then she's FINALLY added back to the universe with a new, more traumatic backstory (because of cause it is) and a garbage costume and codename.

Actually that reminds me - how are they planning to explain Pre-Flashpoint Earth being in Convergence if the New 52 was actually the 'real' DCU all along?

Whats the garvage new origin? ive read everything in No mans land about her and really confused what they could have tweaked

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I've read the entire Ultimate line, the Secret Wars tie in (That did not exist in a bubble) and two issues of Miles Morales 616 solo.

I really need it spelt out to me if Miles is the person from the Ultimate Universe. I always assumed he had memory of everything but reading the solo it's kind of obvious he doesn't and that seems uncomfortably weird with his background.

Like Ultimate Reed Richards survived? Can anyone just spell out exactly how the Ultimate Universe ending affected 616, give me all the details from Secret Wars and future issues of Miles solo run. What's up with Miles's parents still being alive and only one of them knowing his identity. Did Mile's uncle exist in 616? What about ties to Osborn and the spider?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

What are the most titles Chris Claremont was writing at the time simultaneously? Been reading X-men and obviously he's been doing Marvel Team Up, Iron Fist, possibvly the Avengers

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Did he write Ms Marvel before or after Avengers Annual 10? Also how quickly do they dump BINARY

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Wanted is problematic

and it's ok to hate it for being a piece of poo poo, even if it wants you too

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Trouble didn't get a theatrical movie that was super divorced from the source material but tricked many people into reading the comic

edit: yet

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Apprentaly Millar has an interconnected multiverse for his stories so Wanted universe does have hope. It's easier to stomach knowing it takes place on Earth Three than Prime Earth

Wanted id have interesting ideas like the villians getting their supply and tech via raiding other Good hero universes and killing them

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

So I' e read all Frank Millar Deadpool and Bendis, was he the only good guy inbetween?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Whats the most grusome way Batman has ever been dipicted of dying? I'm not talking about Darksied turning him into a smoldering skeleton, I'm talking about Flash getting his legs severed in Obsidean Age

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

It's not for everyone but I do like that fan comic The Deal, the one that like writes and ending for the Batman and Joker conflict
http://moonheadpress.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-deal.html

Content advisory

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

One last thing before the topic shifts but they also did a followup take on Superman

http://moonheadpress.blogspot.com/2014/01/gods-end.html

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I dont think Superman could have been assed to say so just let Supergirl take care of Martian Manhunters first Christmas with the Kents

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Why did Marvel comics forget about X-men supporting character Stevie Hunter? She was a dance instructer for Kitty and a friend of Storm's. Eventually she grew close enough house sit, mentor The New Mutants, run the Danger Room and even was trusted enough that Jessica Drew and Dazzler were perfectaly okay hanging in and out of costume with her.

I'm still reading Claremonts run so I don't know of he was the one to drift away from her first. She was just a cool character and I was suprised to see she made no future apperences after the 80s. Would even think she would be in that newer Storm solo a year back because pretty sure she had a supporting New yorkian cast in that.

Any other supporting characters in the two big universes just vanish on you?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Remember the run down family with the grudge son in Death of Superman? What ever happened to them? I seem to remember Cyborg Superman gunned them all down but that seems terrible

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Im the guy that makes your team lose in 3v3wrong thread sorry oh god

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 7, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm so pissed they just grabbed names out of a hat for the Revengers team and it came up Ethan Edwards, the Superman expy that was a skrull sleeper who was raised by a nice chirstian family and went off to faith heal people in Africa because hes also Jesus

A perfect canidate for him to join up with Wonderman, a guy who he had never met and go after the Avengers for Skrullvenge for Secret Invasion.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Well thats *google definition* Tvtropes lingo for Ex-OH PLEASE DON'T GO

Tvtropes lingo for exported character, kind of just like a satirical spin on a certain character like Superman or when Robert Kirkman or Rob Liefield draw like Captain Picard in the story but he's a pink alien but you know that is supposed to be Picard

Edit: I also used the terminology wrong. I guess satirical take on Superman in Marvel Knights Spider-man would be better. Sorry for spreading confusion

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 12, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Does Kid Braniac in Legion count?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but it was sticking out of his own chest at the time.

Rereading Claremont, he did do this in Nimrod's first appearance

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Cyborg and Shazam playing Xbox in the Watchertower and Superman turns off the console and puts Mortal Kombat X on the high shelf

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I read Birthright and I feel like I read a complety differant book, dont remember any of that. Is it the one where the first act is in Africa?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I had a Five Guys in virginia, it might have been before they expanded into a big chain but mine was bizarre. Like they make a big deal about cooking the hamburgers in Peanut Oil, right? So the entire place was filled with barrels of peanuts. You got free peanuts with your fries, peanut greese was on the windows just peanuts everywhere

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Oh you guys talking about Krystal Burger lol

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Who was Power Pack for? I am reading Chris Claremont's run and the Power Pack ties are for Mutant Masscere and Fall of the Mutants which have high and graphic onscreen death counts. Even worse the characters, all under 10 mentioned they saw more people dead in an intergalatic space war but the Morlock genocide was more personal.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

So it's just the 80s not giving a gently caress when the opening page is Scalphunter vaporizing a dudes head

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

This cover perfectly sums up my feelings and concerns on Power Pack's legacy. A guest appearance that features a 10 year old girl getting suckered punch by Sunspot

Edit

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 26, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Is the Horse the same race as Beta Ray Bill? Remember seeing him and Power Pack in Funniest panels from the 2005 reboot

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

What was the Tsunami imprint? I have the trades for Venom (highlight Venom frenching Thing) but don't think thats printed under it

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I dont know what I hate more about Mangaverse, owning every issue, knowing most of it by heart or New Mangaverse's existence.

You will never be more pissed at putting time into a lovely series and a relauch opening up with a two page spread of the loving Hand killing almost every character in the setting, the image of a mother holding her 9 year old dead Marvel Boy or teenage Mary Jane getting poison sucked out of her by Black Cat via french kissing.

The series did feature Avengers sentai, Adam Warrens Fantastic Four Evangelion parody and T'challa's sister becoming Doctor Doom and decapitating Captain America with a sword. I think thats worth the investment.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Agent_grey posted:

It was a line to get the teens into marvel via the animoos! Including titles like:

*Venom by way
*Sentinel (iron giant but with everyone's favourite purple genocide robot)
*Namor ('s teenage romance adventure)
*Human torch (gets a job)
*Runaways

I think that terrible emma frost mini was a part of it too.

Worked for me.

Also I was under the impression the Emma Frost book was good? Never read it.

Also Brian K Vagon's Mystique??

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Black Cat being a major exception

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I doubt anyone cares but reading the 80s X-men chronologically, as soon as Chris Claremont leaves New Mutants, the new writer (Louise Jones) immediately tries to turn Empath. a Hellion with the power to controls emotions who is basically Grant Morrison's Emma Frost but a 14 year old boy who walks into the women's locker room to harass the female members, into a good guy who Magma is so in love with she drops the x-men to work with Emma Frost.

The book is continually saying that Magma's emotions of love are natural but are being emphasized when she's around him. Like in the Chris Claremont stories Empath was an absolute poo poo who snuck into the the X-mansion and made the Nurse staff (The guys that got turned into Red Indians in Demon bear) run off and join a hedonist leather bar orgy for a week.

In these situations is it best to pin this on the writer? The editors Ann Nocenti and Tom Defalco?

It's just the worst.

Also comicvine says Louise Jones married the creator of Power Pack at some point. It all comes back to power pack

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Magik is a tragik charecter that makes the most out of her specific situation. I'll throw you Doug Rhamsey and Psylocke brief romance before Fall of The Mutants nipped that in the bud for the both of them.

Ann Nocenti's great but she has a lot of 80s science fiction writer quirks that Claremont has. Also is the editor of the entire New Mutants run cc;iiw so she had a guiding hand in some things.

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 11, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I can't say the first time it happened but the Marvel Presents (Short Stories from various heroes but always a Wolverine story) had the wrap arounds in 1988

Constantly making people think Wolverine was going to team up with Man Thing and it never happens

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Claremont and because he either killed dudes or he didn't kill dudes. He wasn't exclusive to either and he had catchphrases.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

My favorite thing about Claremont in the Wolverine is the best character era is that Magneto is naked every other issue, mostly sleeping in the nude or gazing out a window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Anyone want to do a short write up on the time when Grant Morrison tried to link Aquman to King Arthur of the Round Table?