Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Apparently post-Endgame spoilers from DC's FCBD comic are rampant, so be careful out there, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I guess that's the real reason for the delay - JL, Superman and Batman are all gonna be featured in FCBD so they want those issues to be relatively new on shelves.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Apparently post-Endgame spoilers from DC's FCBD comic are rampant, so be careful out there, folks.

Saw the spoiler. :effort:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's Alfred in the suit.
Alfred the cat.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Saw the spoiler. :effort:

I guess we can infer that it's not Jason Todd in the robo-Batman then

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Can you just post the drat spoilers for those of us who don't wanna cruise the Internet to find what you're talking about?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kaleidoscope posted:

Can you just post the drat spoilers for those of us who don't wanna cruise the Internet to find what you're talking about?

Is Commisioner Gordon

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is Commisioner Gordon

The most obvious and disappointing option. Never change DC.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Wait why is it DC's fault that the identity is the logical progression point of the story and everything that the solicits have hinted at. If anything it'd be terrible if it was just some random new character.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

e: Ya gotdarn spoiler lovers!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 13, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

Wait why is it DC's fault that the identity is the logical progression point of the story and everything that the solicits have hinted at. If anything it'd be terrible if it was just some random new character.

But it worked so well in Armageddon 2001.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Waterhaul posted:

Agreed. Plus it logically explains why the Bat-bot is going to play a major part in Batgirl and Detective Comics in their 41st issues.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I'm really more intrigued less by the who is in the suit and more the why?

Like okay Gordon is in the suit. And I didn't finish reading Batman:Eternal or Endgame, but I guess it's that Jim Gordon is too much of a high profile target after Eternal or something.

So what, did Batman decide to give Jim one of his spare Batsuits to keep him protected. (It's the lame one that looks like a bunny, that's why I never use it.)
But Bruce didn't feel like taking the time to clean away the Batman branding on the suit. So Jim's just stuck with a Bat-super suit that he can't change the logo on.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The leak has made its way to CBR and I'm greatly amused at the source they have for the leak: a mexican(:mexico:) blog that I used to visit a few years ago. Crazy bastards :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Why was there an "impostor" Mad Hatter at some point? I'm trying to understand why this was a thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kurtofan posted:

Why was there an "impostor" Mad Hatter at some point? I'm trying to understand why this was a thing.

They replaced creepy alice in wonderland mad hatter with a weird redheaded texan-looking dude who just really liked hats due to silver age comics code bullshit

once Batman's rogues gallery was reinvented in the bronze age they brought the good one back

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Batman 40 preview

At least Capullo keeps bringing his A-game.

I hate that he put a gas mask over Jason's helmet, though.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
If nothing else I'm enjoying all the villains teaming up to help take Joker down. Most writers tend to forget all the other Gotham villains hate Joker, with few exceptions.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Batman 40 preview

Jason still needs to breathe, right?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Batman 40 preview

Oh, so his dumb face helmet is vacuum sealed and filters all known/unknown toxins? Cool!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

Oh, so his dumb face helmet is vacuum sealed and filters all known/unknown toxins? Cool!

While they have never explained in detail how the helmet works, it does have filters. In fact, he was only captured during Death of the Family because his helmet was broken.

If they wanted to ake a plot point of the breather, have him just ditch the helmet. No need for both

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

C2E2 panel on Batgirl, Black Canary, Gotham Academy, Grayson, Catwoman and Robin.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/c2e2-live-young-gotham-with-fletcher-tarr-seeley-valentine

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Is Grayson worth reading? The idea seemed dumb but I'm pretty on board with literally everything else in that article so I feel like I should give it a chance.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

It's a lot different than the other Bat/Gotham books but yes, it is very good. Think a more spy or secret agent type story rather than the normal superhero stuff. First trade is out in June, I think, if you want to check it out.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Travis343 posted:

Is Grayson worth reading? The idea seemed dumb but I'm pretty on board with literally everything else in that article so I feel like I should give it a chance.
It's the kind of idea that would fail with lesser writers. They're keeping true to Dick's character in this crazy fish out of water situation and I think that's what makes it worth reading.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Teenage Fansub posted:

C2E2 panel on Batgirl, Black Canary, Gotham Academy, Grayson, Catwoman and Robin.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/c2e2-live-young-gotham-with-fletcher-tarr-seeley-valentine

Yess. Love that they mentioned that Canary's band will be like the YeahYeahYeahs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Die Laughing posted:

Yess. Love that they mentioned that Canary's band will be like the YeahYeahYeahs.

quote:

Fletcher said the band should sound like "Siouxsie and the Banshees meets the Yeah Yeah Yeahs."

I would listen the hell out of this.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Endgame ended (:v:) with a good Dark Knight Returns inspired brawl. I liked that ending to the Batman/Joker fight and Bruce's eventual return and what he feels Batman should be afterwards should be interesting. Plus Robo-Batman for the next few months looks good.

Was kind of disappointed though that they still left the Justice League fight from the earlier issues as is. Was really expecting it not to be real or twisted in some way as it was a bit... too ridiculous. And it'd be nice for a big Batman plot to not end with "Batman is two steps ahead" even though that is Batman.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought the Scarecrow gas from the first issue would definitely come back.
It's like the Hitchcock gun thing, or whatever!

e: Chekhov's gun. I thought Hitch had the gun saying.

ee: I know there's the healing stuff but gently caress that. Eyepatch Bruce!

Senor Candle posted:

Man Fansub you got that avatar FAST

That goofass face finally put my dog to rest. Thanks Capullo.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 29, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man Fansub you got that avatar FAST

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Meh

When will Snyder leave?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Meh

When will Snyder leave?

I haven't been keeping up, so I'm assuming Jason Todd gets totally clowned on?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He wears a gas mask over his hood! Snyder, you loving hack!!

In all seriousness though Endgame was real bad, yeah.

What was the significance of what looks like an armored breastplate in the garbage at the end?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Travis343 posted:

He wears a gas mask over his hood! Snyder, you loving hack!!

In all seriousness though Endgame was real bad, yeah.

What was the significance of what looks like an armored breastplate in the garbage at the end?

Let Snyder himself explain it

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That was really bad. Especially after Morrison's whole thing where Joker instantly knows that Dick isn't Bruce and the fact that I don't think Dick has EVER had even remotely the same build as Bruce.

I haven't been keeping up with Batman much. Is Bruce dead then? And we're gonna see him come back in the new weird poo poo?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Nevvy Z posted:

That was really bad. Especially after Morrison's whole thing where Joker instantly knows that Dick isn't Bruce and the fact that I don't think Dick has EVER had even remotely the same build as Bruce.

I haven't been keeping up with Batman much. Is Bruce dead then? And we're gonna see him come back in the new weird poo poo?

You read the issue? You saw him die. Bruce and Joker are dead.

The new Batman/protector of Gotham (spoilers for FCBD issue out on Saturday) is Gordon in an Appleseed inspired mech suit

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
really enjoy that Capullo and Snyder's reaction to people saying the new Batsuit rips off Chappie basically being "What the gently caress is Chappie", the appropriate response

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also how the poo poo does the Batfamily not know that Grayson isn't actually dead now?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

Is Bruce dead then? And we're gonna see him come back in the new weird poo poo?

Why would they tell us now? Next info is in in the FCBD preview issues, Divergence in a few days. (e: Though, spoilers up obviously out there.)

I liked the drag out fight of the ending, but not really how it stripped away all mystery about the situation that had been building and just had a fight over not-lazarus pit water. The Joker is pretty uninteresting layed out there at the end of it, which I guess is Batman winning over the myth he was making and all that, but that is where the interest was for me.
I enjoyed the long, visceral beat-em-ups, though (cept for the convenient crippling stalactite,) and am way interested in what's coming up.

I think enjoyed James Tynion's contributions most, with the Annual and the backups.

Senor Candle posted:

People would have been mad if the Joker was actually an immortal demon, people are apparently mad that he isn't. I still enjoyed Endgame.

I liked when it was "Who knows what the gently caress he is?"

I liked the a lot of the event, especially when it was maximum over the top silly, like the JL fight with his crazy anti-JL suit, the crime alley set up in the hospital room, Joker in the pictures, Joker swimming and his lil joker backpack (I'd buy a Capullo's swimming Joker action figure right now.)
There was some of that in the level of violence and the heart shaped pool of blood they ended up in, but the final issue really flattened things out for me.

e: Snyder and Capullo interview about the issue.
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-scott-snyder-greg-capullo-talk-the-end-o/1100-152122/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
People would have been mad if the Joker was actually an immortal demon, people are apparently mad that he isn't. I still enjoyed Endgame.

• Locked thread