Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Madworld is basically the tony hawk's pro skater of platinum games, which isn't as cool as it sounds.

You might as well throw the Clover games in the op as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Adventure Island: REVENGEANCE
Castlevania: REVENGEANCE
Contra: REVENGEANCE
Dance Dance Revolution: REVENGEANCE
Gradius: REVENGEANCE
Martial Champion: REVENGEANCE
Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2015: REVENGEANCE
Zone of the Enders: REVENGEANCE

gently caress all of those, we need Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon: GANBAREVENGEANCE

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Infinite Space had a lot of cool ideas like the ship customizing and whatnot, but the combat was definitely lacking and there was absolutely no direction in terms of where to go to continue the plot. The combat is entirely based on your preparation for battles because it's only a little more hands on than the kind of autobattles you see in games like Assassin's Creed Black Flag (Kenway's fleet sidecontent) or Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker (outer ops). It's cool for random battle with space pirates, but bosses are entirely trial and error until you figure out what setup you should be using and then hope that the boss doesn't do too much damage.

The art is great and there's an assload of content, but the gameplay is far from anything resembling a Platinum game. If you take a break from the game and forget where you should be heading next, you might as well restart the game instead of spending hours wandering the galaxy for where you should be going.

e: I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's still worth playing. Just don't go buying it because it's a Platinum, buy it because it's an awesome space game.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 28, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I don't know where the idea that Revengeance did bad came from, but I would not be shocked if it had done better than Bayonetta when you combine the worldwide sales together. This is not even counting the amount of people who bought it for steam in the West.

It's a good Platinum game, so it stands to reason that it sold poorly.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Atoramos posted:

Wasn't convinced on TW101 but purchased it due to this thread. Expected it would cost more than $24.

I just picked up W101 and I'm already enjoying it, I don't understand the point of the attack where you shove some of the crowd at the enemy. Is that just to get guys on them attacking like Pikmin, or does it open up the enemies to take more damage or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I really wanted to like W101, but I basically hated everything about it from the hour or so I played. Nothing felt good at all.

That's because it takes longer to "get" the combat than it does in other Platinum games. In 101 you have to learn to attack right to play it on a basic level, whereas in other Platinum games you just have to learn how to stay alive. You can beat Bayonetta without getting good at dodge offsetting or holding attacks to use weapons correctly as long as you dodge well.

• Locked thread