Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Outside of Madworld, every single one of their games is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Farecoal posted:

What's wrong with Madworld? (I've never played it)

Short and very simple mechanically. It is the definition of style over substance.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Razakai posted:

Let's discuss some franchises that'd be better if Platinum took them over:

ASSASSINS CREED V: REVENGEANCE

Castlevania

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ninja Gaiden Black is still better though, right? We don't have to pretend it isn't, do we?

We can stop pretending Ninja Gaiden had a good camera.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mirthless posted:

Considering that this is the direction that Konami has been trying (and failing, utterly) to take Castlevania for the last ten years, I don't know why they don't just bite the bullet at this point and hire Platinum to do it. Castlevania is exactly the kind of ridiculous game series that would benefit from a ridiculous game like REVENGEANCE, and I don't think Platinum could possibly write a plot more incomprehensible than the current reboot of Castlevania. (HE IS GABRIEL BELMONT... THE VAMPIRE HUNTER... AND ALSO COUNT DRACULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!!!) AND HE IS HUNTING SATAN.... IN SPACE!!!!!!)

I can only hope this happens. They already have their foot in the door at Konami with MGR so surely Castlevania can't be that far off. Especially since Mercury Steam said they won't make anymore LoS games thank god.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Veloc posted:

According to VGChartz, Bayonetta sold the most out of any Platinum game at about 2 million units, with Revengeance coming at a close second at almost 1.5 million
aaand Wonderful 101 the least at 170,000, and Anarchy Reigns in second-lowest place selling only 300,000.
I really wish more was done to advertise these games. (Especially Anarchy Reigns since that is a multiplayer game and it is nearly impossible to find a match) I adore the games they create, and I find it really discouraging to see them constantly struggle with low sales.

Anarchy Reigns also had the best soundtrack. I would put it slightly ahead of Revengeance.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is why we don't use vgchartz for anything. Ever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Is it true that the PS3 port of Bayonetta has problems with framerates or graphics or something? I want to play it but I put my 360 away and don't really feel like connecting it again just for one game

It literally runs at half the framerate, sometimes less. So yea play the 360 version if you have the choice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Peel posted:

350K in the US specifically. If US, Japan and Europe are about the same that would total up to a little over a million, but I'd wildly guess at Europe being a little higher than the US.

edit: When this came up in the Wii U thread, I used http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20100514_hosoku_e_final.pdf#page=5 as my source, is that just copies shipped to stores?

Wow, I thought it would've been over 1mil easily. I guess Bayo2 will be lucky to break 200k on the wii u

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

It actually came out after the sale. What was topping the charts that week was the Presale! I think MGR Steam did ok.

Edit: Madworld owns and I'll fight any o you dummies that says otherwise.

Madworld was the beta for Anarchy Reigns.

It's not a bad game, just simple and one note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Level Slide posted:

Platinum announces a game for The Legend of Korra

I didn't know I wanted this. Apparently it's going to be a bridge between the second and third seasons.

Coming out for PC :pcgaming:

• Locked thread