Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I own mad world and it's not great. That and No More Heroes were like, the great hope of "Mature Wii Games". Anyway everything else I've played from them is amazing, I paid $100 to import Bayonetta early (JP version was in English) and it didn't disappoint. I almost hope Bayonetta 2 still comes out on another platform...

Anyone hear how MG Rising did on PC? I wonder if they'll consider more PC development in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is that shaolin soccer? I don't recognize the first gif but haven't seen the move in a while.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Well, we did get Hard Corps: Uprising a few years ago, and it's pretty much on the level of Platinum's games. It's even got an awesome rock soundtrack.

Is this the one where you get on dinosaurs and start shooting things? It was pretty crazy but the craziness didn't extend to the actual gameplay, which was pretty much a twin stick shooter.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Man why did I put off playing Vanquish for so long? This game is unsurprisingly the poo poo.

The only thing I don't understand is why your melee attacks completely drain your power. I wanna slide around punching the gently caress out of dudes but it's super risky if you can't combo it as a slide->kick->aerial slowmo (which is the raddest poo poo ever) and kill everyone in the vicinity.

Melee actually does a lot of neat movement tricks depending on what you have equipped. If you have the I think HMG? (I forgot the name) that does the flip, you can actually flip > aim and aim over boxes and stuff that you otherwise aren't supposed to, or flip an enemy into the air then go into slow motion to empty a clip into them. The AR melee does more hits the more you tap the button and can potentially be very damaging. Slide melee into slow motion is always cool.

Is there a youtube link of people doing amazing Vanquish stuff? Watching people be good at playing Platinum games is so fun.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If you have a PC that can play Revengeance and haven't played the game yet, YES get the PC version. It looks amazing, runs well, and the PC version comes with all the DLC. Make sure to plug in a controller obviously.

Also it has been as low as $20, it'll probably be $15 or so next time it goes on sale.

• Locked thread