Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

JoJo 2 and Mushishi 2 that's one helluva 1-2 punch.

I keep pronouncing LocoDol with a Spanish accent. I'm sure the show will be terrible, but the name amuses me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

genki posted:

I disagree. They were a generic harem romcom, then started to get serious, but managed to make it a serious romcom cliche, which just made it super annoying, especially since none of the characters really had any redeeming character qualities. There was just no reason to watch, especially after the comedy side disappeared. Terrible show.

Agree with this assessment. But then again this assessment describes a lot of other anime.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

XboxPants posted:

What's that supposed to mean? That's why she wore the outfit to the protagonist's room, to appeal to him. But why does that explain why she continue to wears it?

Trap in this context implies male gender.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

im going to make an anime where all the characters are strong, powerful, 30 year old women who wear fashionable pantsuits to their high-powered jobs in the finance sector

Turning Girls Season 2 confirmed?!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Wark Say posted:

We live in truly sad times if Mushishi failed the 3-episode test.

One nice thing about ADTRW is that you can reliably sense which posters have, erm, tastes that differ from yours, and simply choose to ignore their opinions.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Patema Inverted, a.k.a. movie made by the Time of Eve people, completely blew me the gently caress away. That's a movie worth seeing in a theater. I read somewhere that a US release was perhaps planned for Spring 2014, but it seems flaky. Anyone got info on that?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

pandaK posted:

Okay wait, I'm so confused by the geometry presented in this movie. They fall into the sky and it turns out to be an actual solid ground where all the things so far have fallen onto, but there's no signs of the buildings that fell at the very beginning of the story. No, it turns out that they actually fell into another world underneath the bottom of inverted world and I'm just like :psyduck:
I know it's anime, but what??

It was amazing anyways, will definitely go and actually see it in theaters when it comes out.

Super duper spoilers of the movie :siren: The sky that Age and Patema fell into (via the weight connected to Patema's leg) wasn't another world, it was the artificial sky the scientists made out of guilt for the people that got gravity inverted. So the planet's core.

Patema's people are the original right-side-up people and the world they "fall into" at the end is actually just them coming up from underground to the real surface. It's stated or implied that the right-side-up people moved underground as part of the guilt of loving all the poo poo up, but my mind was pretty :psyduck: by that point.

So buildings that "fell upwards" are the space trash orbiting the moon at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Odd seeing One Week Friends so high, I mean I like the show and all, but it's like the least typical anime show ever. They had a beach episode and no-one even wore a bikini.

The poll taught me that men and women enjoy One Week Friends for drastically different reasons, and I don't think the show itself understands why.

• Locked thread