Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What hero would Stone Cold Steve Austin play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

gently caress Techies, I want Tidal Spirit or whatever the Aqua equivalent of Storm/Ember/Earth is.
Morphling.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Will they be changing Lifestealer and Pudge then, too?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, I like that waaaaaay more than Wraith King too. Wraith King looks loving lame, that dude looks awesome. I'd have taken that in a heartbit. Call him Steel King or something. Iron King.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boing posted:

Skeleton King, Pugna and Clinkz are the other triplet of str/agi/int heroes with related models in the original DotA, I believe. Are there any others?
Shadow Fiend, Doom Bringer, and Shadow Demon aren't related models but they have related backstories. There's also the Troll Trio of Huskar, Warlord, and Dazzle/Witch Doctor.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The best part of playing Wisp is relocating away at low health, the enemy team gathering around your little sparkles, jockeying for the kill, and then coming back with Lich.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone write some words about Dazzle? I ended up with him in a CD game last night and things were going really well up to the 25 minute mark or so but I felt more and more useless as the game went on. Part of this was probably our Luna building terrible items but I feel like I could have done more as well.
A lot of people underestimate Weave. Don't. Weave is loving huge. And it's hard to pull off, but a proper healbomb can deal a shitton of damage.

Weave works great as a way to scare enemies off of towers or Rosh - even if you aren't in a position to engage, just toss that poo poo out there and you might spook them, unless you're like the only person alive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jBrereton posted:

There's now only one true King. He is made of sand. Or is just the king of sand, I don't know.

quote:

The sands of the Scintillant Waste are alive and sentient--the whole vast desert speaks to itself, thinking thoughts only such a vastness can conceive. But when it needs must find a form to communicate with those of more limited scope, it frees a fragment of itself, and fills a carapace of magic armor formed by the cunning Djinn of Qaldin. This essential identity calls itself Crixalis, meaning 'Soul of the Sand,' but others know it as Sand King.

So both.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Dota lore is abysmal even for computer game writing. Just abysmal
Iunno some of it is fun, and compared to League of Legends it's a work of loving art.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think many kills are happening in football.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly I don't care how good a caster is so long as they have a decent voice and don't make terrible rape jokes.

Sadly not many people pass this test. Like half of BeyondtheSummit's casters have such ludicrously thick accents that they're impossible to decipher.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actual footage of me playing Lina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukorWvykHn4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You guys are the people who keep saying Anal [Blood Horror] in trade chat in WoW, aren't you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LordHippoman posted:

Nautilus is a kickass name, I dunno what you're talking about
Nautilus reminds me of my favorite JRPG developer, and then it makes me sad because they're out of business. gently caress League of Legends.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Euros created the dumbest shorthand (we have them to thank for the retarded "ulti" that became the norm).
Retarded? Ulti makes perfect sense. Ultimate. Ulti.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You do, depending on your dialect.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Does Omnislash have a ministun attached? I just tried to TP away from Juggs and Viper and at about 0.2 seconds before the TP finished he I got Omnislashed and the teleport cancelled. I didn't think any of Viper's skills had ministuns, but I'm probably wrong.
How fat was Jugg? Fat enough to have a bash item and a lot of attack speed? If so, Juggs can attack normally during the omnislash if he has enough attack speed. If he had a bash item too, he got lucky and bashed you.

EDIT: Or that. Huh, the DoTA wiki doesn't mention the ministun.

EDIT2: NVM, it does, I'm just blind.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/562680350

How did we even lose this game? Their team was completely terrible, they had terrible items builds, Huskar kept feeding us in the beginning, and we somehow still lost this. Bane and Lion both bought Divine Rapiers for some reason, and we managed to snatch one of them off Bane, but Lion took it back later. They didn't even help them a lot since it was their spells we really had to watch out for, not their auto attacks. I don't even know how we even lost such a stupid game. I thought we had this, but ugh.
My favorite part of this isn't the two divine rapiers, it's that Lion kept them both for himself instead of passing them off to Sniper or Huskar.

EDIT: Okay, on second thought I wouldn't give them to the guy with 20 deaths either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Just play support Zeus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

Why would you ever give Huskar a rapier over Sniper?
Well, you wouldn't, but at the same time you wouldn't give Lion a rapier over Huskar.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

You have to have some kind of super autism to play that hero every game.
So you're a Wisp player?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Man, I don't know if Meepo's ult should be removed from Ability Draft or made standard on every hero. Just had a game where CM got Meepo Ult, Treants, and Siren's mirror image. All she did was spawn 100+ units and attack move them down a lane.

Prophet had Flak Cannon and still got overwhelmed by them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elman posted:

You're looking for "no hablo espaņol". You told them not to speak Spanish :haw:
This is why if you don't know the language, just don't attempt to speak it at all. You came across as a gigantic racist gently caress.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheresNoThyme posted:

Hahaha you can't be serious, every time you hear some foreign guy say "No speak English" I guess you must respond "DID YOU JUST TELL ME NOT TO SPEAK ENGLISH?"

It's fine to speak foreign languages badly, I seriously doubt anyone on the 4stack cared, it sounds like he just ended up in a losing game with a rager.
He said 'don't speak spanish' not 'I don't speak spanish.' I don't react like that, but then again my language is generally the common one. I've never had a dude rage at me for being white, but I have seen dudes go on about GODDAMN SPICS if someone pipes up in Spanish.

Maybe they're just a raging 4 stack, or maybe he came across as a racist gently caress (and I'm not *calling him* that, or saying what he did was racist, I'm saying that I can see why they might have taken it that way) and that's what led to the rage to begin with. Either way, do you have to tell them that you don't speak Spanish? Just ping, most people I've seen compliment their instructions with pings whether they're in spanish or english, and generally there's no language barrier anyway because they go 'b' or 'mia' or whatever.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 15, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sudoku posted:

Man, I just had about the perfect game of Dota. First time playing Earthshaker, blinking and slamming and stunning all over the place, having a great old time even though we lost.

Just everybody else on both sides kept poo poo-talking in allchat the entire time. It really put a damper on what was otherwise a good-mood-having game. Of course, when I asked them to cut it out and just have fun I was called poo poo and bad and obviously ultra-salty crying tears about losing.

I just wanted to enjoy myself :(
Couldn't you have just muted them all?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think I have a new steam avatar. Hire this random internet person, valve, and pay them by the hour to draw cute art of all the heroes. I'd pay money to have everyone's icons replaced by stuff like this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Thighhighs McCorset The Drowranger.
thats basically what she actually looks like in game though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Iunno I think the Windranger art is kinda cute - like she has big ol titties but it's drawn too cutesily to really be sexualized, and the artist seems to be a woman so iunno man. Stop being weird.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm Drow Ranger
You should have just left the lane entirely. Better to get no farm and let them get the tower then get no farm and die repeatedly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VinzKlortho posted:

Defense of the Ancients Two dot gif.

The key is to remember that you probably aren't who you think you are in that picture.
I'm the kid that slides in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

The kid throwing the ball is also at fault for attempting to do something when the others are obviously not ready to reciprocate and then getting mad at them for it. :ssh:
'Not ready for it?' The kid's entire job is to be ready for it. Do you even know how baseball works?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elman posted:

The Dota equivalent would be Tiny throwing a low HP Pudge at a Support who's at 40% hp and with no cooldowns ready.
:psyduck:

The kid's literally not even looking at the ball.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wait, what am I missing here?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

Getting angry at video games is one thing, but you're literally getting angry at kids playing a ball game.
I'm not, though? I was just saying that 'missing the obvious' is a pretty good description of that kid. Like it's completely understandable since that kid's like five, but still.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

DDRD is literally leaking.
This feels like the beginning stage of one of those zalgo edits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

People have been complaining about this for ages, I guess it's not a priority for Valve.
In fact, you could say it's... low priority

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like playing night stalker mid because i can gotta go fast to the other lanes and help out my teammates

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Starting to get back into Dota and Ive been watching the Dreamleague games and I'm all sorts of confused on the meta now. People picking Lycan and Morphling and banning out Invoker and Bane is confusing me to no ends. Also with the Dreamleague Fantasy League stuff, does the thread have a League setup or is that not a thing here?
Invoker is really good and has been really good for a while.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Up To The Elves, what drugs are you on and where can I purchase them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i watch slayers and pretend it's about the world's longest dota game

EDIT: Also one time someone got Nether Wards and Meepo's Ult. I tried to cast Finger of Death and instantly died.

• Locked thread