Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Welcome to the 2014 edition of the All Suck Baseball League. In this league, the object is to score points by creating the worst lineup of batters and pitchers that you can. The worst lineup of players who still manage to get playing time, that is - you won't get any points for players on the bench. Here are the scoring settings:

This has been a fun league in the past so I decided to bring it back for another year. I'm sending out emails to all the owners from last year, and I will give them a few days to post in this thread and reclaim their spot. I suspect there will be a few open spots, so if you are interested in joining the league post here. The league is on ESPN.

After all the spots are full we will need to decide on a draft time. I'd also like to get input on whether people prefer to use weekly or daily rosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I was hoping someone would bring this back. I'll definitely join if there's room.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
#1 overall pick Starlin Castro.

I'm in for this if there's room.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Sounds neat, why not. I'm in if there's room.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I will like to be on the waiting list, please.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I'm back in as Dumpster Fire

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I haven't played fantasy baseball in about a decade but this actually sounds like fun.

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
100% down for this if there's a slot.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I'd love to play.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd like to be in on this

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I'll definitely be aboard to defend my 2nd place finish.

As the Mark Kotsay All Stars of course.

Tavarin fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 19, 2014

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I'd like to play.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
That's twelve people so far. It was a ten person league in the past but I think we could swing twelve. I will give it another day to see if any past members come to reclaim their spots, but if not, everyone who posted will be in. Then I'll send out the invites.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd like to play if you have room. Derek Jeter gonna kill it.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Tavarin and angrygodofjebus, you two should already have access to the league. Everyone else, either PM me your email address or post it in this thread and I will invite you. Rand alPaul, if someone doesn't claim their spot you'll be next in line.

We'll need to set up the draft time. I think having it before the opening games this weekend is probably too soon, so that leaves the options of:

(1) Start the league in week 1, and two games will already have been played when the draft happens, so the points from those games will count in the week 1 matchups, or
(2) Start the league in week 2.

I'd lean toward the first option, but if most people want to start in week 2 we can do that.

Also, are there preferences for weekly vs. daily rosters? It's currently set as weekly, but if there's a consensus for daily I can change it.

Vogon Poet fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 20, 2014

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
edit: got my invite, thanks!

deadEd fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 20, 2014

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ThaneOfFife @ gmail.com

i'd like daily rosters

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I think the first option and daily rosters are fine, but I don't really care either way.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

By the way, the guy who created the league isn't playing this year, but unlike the other old owners, I wasn't able to delete him, so I put you as a second owner to that team. You should have full control over the team; let me know if there are any problems.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Doesn't matter to me when it starts, week 1 is fine. I think weekly rosters hurt with injuries, demotions, and such last year, so I vote for daily, but it's not a big deal either way.

Getting ahead of myself, but any weekday evening draft time is fine for me, for future reference w/r/t draft times.

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 20, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

icephoenix177 at gmail dot com

no preference on either vote

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

Vogon Poet posted:

By the way, the guy who created the league isn't playing this year, but unlike the other old owners, I wasn't able to delete him, so I put you as a second owner to that team. You should have full control over the team; let me know if there are any problems.

Looks like I've got control. Can change logo/name/etc all that.

deadEd fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Mar 20, 2014

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Just PMed you my contact info. Don't care about when we draft.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

My email is SteakFlavoredGum@gmail.com, and I'd prefer daily rosters but for week 1vs 2 I'm cool with either. As for the draft time if we do it at like 6 or 7 CST (which I thought was a time mentioned in the thread but now I can't find it???) I won't really be available Monday/wednesday/friday but every other day is fine.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

deadEd posted:

Looks like I've got control. Can change logo/name/etc all that.

Now I can come in and change your team at will :devil:

But I won't way to busy todo this, but glad Vogon Poet is keeping the league running :)

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Do we have a draft time yet? I should be available Monday-Thursday evening this week.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

So because not everyone got back to me with contact info, there are currently ten members, and I decided to just take the league size back to ten rather than risk having an uneven number. Also, Monicro posted contact info but hasn't joined after I sent the invite, so please join.

Since everyone who expressed a preference wanted daily rosters, I switched it to that.

Based on the people who expressed preferences about draft times, I tentatively set it for 8:00 pm EDT on Thursday. If it would work better overall to move it up or back by an hour or two, I can do that.

Vogon Poet fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 23, 2014

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Vogon Poet posted:

Also, Monicro posted contact info but hasn't joined after I sent the invite, so please join.

Oops, gmail put it in spam. I'm in now, thanks.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Draft is tomorrow at 8 pm Eastern. Remember to set your auto-picks if you can't make it!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just entered. Looks like I have the first pick!

How many people are actually going to show up for this?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thank you for the 220 points Jose Dominguez, now away with you.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Good draft, everyone.

If Ben Revere hits a home run this year, I will be very upset!!

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

hey i've got mike trout on the trading block :v:

very cool that everyone showed up

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Very happy with this team

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Seeing your teams that have player crossover with my normal fantasy team makes me very nervous.

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
I went with my "when in doubt just pick a Blue Jay" strategy.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

What's with the scoring? We have players in our league who've made errors and thrown wild pitches, but no players have gotten credit...

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

FairGame posted:

What's with the scoring? We have players in our league who've made errors and thrown wild pitches, but no players have gotten credit...

It's working for our league, although there have been very few of either so far. RA Dickey had a wild pitch and it counted for the team that owned him.

It tends to not update the scoring for some stats until the next day when they are official though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Welington Castillo, 0-6, 3K. :swoon:

• Locked thread