Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Name: Nina Walker
Metatype: Dwarf
TV Rating: 7.5

Background:
Nina wasn't always known by her current name, but most of that information was quite willingly forgotten by Nina to be able to be where she is today. To her family, her old friends and her old enemies, she's dead. She died while working the shadows to help pay for a better education and a better life for herself, or at least, that's the story that was told. The real story wasn't much different except for the details. The woman got in deep with some less-than-professional shadowrunners who were doing jobs to cause chaos. Nina just wanted to make some money, but she couldn't get her own way out. The group did a job against one of Ares' subsidiaries, but Ares convinced Nina to do the right thing, turning on her team leading to a lot of explosions and death. Ares used the opportunity to get themselves a dedicated, young decker who had plenty of potential and Nina got a new lease on life, with money and education she couldn't get herself otherwise.

Since joining Ares, Nina's taken every chance she can to be a different person. With the money and time she has, she's put a lot of effort into being as good as she can at her new job working cybersecurity for Knight Errant. She's also taken in the corporate lifestyle, learning things that she wouldn't think of trying to learn before all this: Languages, protocols, business knowledge, style, whatever she could get her hands on. The more she learned, the more she felt like she could be a different person. Most people know now not to dig into her past, because they won't find much at all.

pre:
Priority: Resources A (450,000 nuyen), Skills B (36/5), Metatype C (Dwarf (1), Attributes C (16), Magic E

BOD: 4 (6) AGI: 2     REA: 2 (4) STR: 3
WIL: 5     LOG: 6 (8) INT: 5     CHA: 2
EDG: 2     MAG: 0     ESS: 1.2   INI: 7 (9) + 1d6 (+ 3d6)
LIMITS: M8(9) | P4(5) | S4
BOXES: P10, S11, OF3 

Positive Qualities:
Natural Hardening (10)

Negative Qualities:
Weak Immune System (+10)

Skills: 36/5
Combat Active
Pistols 4

Physical Active
Survival 2

Technical Skills
Electronics Group 5
Cybercombat 6
Electronic Warfare 6
Hacking 6
First Aid 4
Navigation 3

Vehicle Active
Pilot Groundcraft 3

Knowledges:
English N
Japanese 3
Mandarin 3
Arabic 3
Street: Ares Macrotechnology 3
Street: Security Companies 3
Academic: Business 3
Academic: Economics 2
Interest: Fashion 2 

Contacts: (6 free)
Delilah (Con 3/Loyal 3) - Elf Fixer focused on bleeding-edge mil-tech. Specializes in decking and rigging tech.

Weapons and Armor (7,928 nuyen):
Ares Predator V (653)
w/ 10 clips Normal (300), 10 clips Stick n Shock (1200)
Full Body Armor, Chemical Protection R6, Nonconductivity R6 (5000)
w/ Helmet, Flare Compensation, Image Link (775)

Cyberdeck (207,772 nuyen):
Ares Macdeck Pro (Renraku Tsurigi) (192712)
w/ Rating 5 Agent (10000), All Common Use Programs (560), All Hacking Programs (4500)

Augmentation (258,000 nuyen):
Datajack (0.1 essence, 1000)
Cerebral Boosters R2 (0.4 essence, 63000)
Wired Reflexes R2 (3 essence, 149000)
Mnemonic Enhancer R3 (0.3 essence, 27000)
Aluminum Bone Lacing (1 essence, 18000)

Biotech Gear (4,900 nuyen): 
Medkit R6 (1500)
2 Antidote Patches R6 (600)
2 Stim Patches R6 (300)
5 Trauma Patches (2500)

Electronic Gear (2,250 nuyen):
Area Jammer R5 (1000)
Bug Scanner R6 (600)
Tag Eraser (450)
100 Stealth RFID Tags (100)
Microtransceiver (100)

Breaking and Entering Gear (15,260 nuyen):
Autopicker R6 (3000)
Cellular Glove Molder R4 (2000)
Maglock Passkey R4 (8000)
Sequencer R5 (1250)
Monofilament Chainsaw (500)
Miniwelder (250)
2 canisters (160)

Total Spent: 496,110 nuyen (25 karma for 50,000)
Remaining resources: 3,890 nuyen

Karma Expenditure:
25 Karma (Resources)
Nina doesn't wait for someone to get on her case, heading straight over towards the meeting spot, being as ready to go as she can. She wasn't going to carry her entire bag of tricks, but her deck was essential wherever she went. When she made it to Training Center B, she did what she usually did. She found a safe spot to sit, and started to mess around with her deck, being sure to keep her eyes open enough to see people as they come in. The people she's seen so far have seemed like the normal sort who get this kind of job.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

"How many civilians are on-site? If we're supposed to keep them alive, knowing the difference between 100 and 200 might be nice." Nina continues to listen, looking over at the others. "Also, any guesses on their alarm setup? Or is that one of those things that the rebels wouldn't worry about? Not that you can't hear a gunfight with AKs from miles away, but it could help with confusing the opposition."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

"As much as we're trying to make this look like a rebel attack, if there aren't any journalists left, then there won't be a reason to buy the journalists new helicopters. We're trying to make this look like sabotage, not an assault." Nina looks up from her cyberdeck, then back towards the information from the dossier. "We also don't want the journalists to leave. If they leave, then the whole Desert Wars thing turns into real military wargames, where no one cares who wins."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

"I think once we have our gear, it should be easy enough to get done with the plan we got. I can help with tactical movement, as I'm not exactly the best shot with one of those AKs." Nina nods over at Dess, thinking the same thing. "Best be moving before it gets too late. We'll be in and out before you know it."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5

Nina also scanned some of the dossiers into her cyberdeck, giving her something to help on the ground while everything's moving.

Nina made her way to the rooftop, catching up with the others there. She nodded in greeting to each of them again. "So, how fast do you think we can get this done?"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina's attention gets drawn back into the conversation once she hears the words camera followed by her name. "Yeah, I can get the cameras. Shouldn't be too much work, but it should keep me busy. As far as your gun goes, what makes you think I wanna touch that thing? Looks like two guns and a chrome arm tried to slot and got stuck that way. Just stick with tape, we're getting all this stuff hidden after the job, don't need to do real work on anything."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina sighs. "Right, I forgot, you don't speak English." She raises her voice, talking like a tourist even over the other sounds. "I. Don't know. What. The gently caress. You. Are. Talking. About." It took her about three seconds tapping on her deck to figure it out. "Oh, you meant it's covered in AROs. Words mean things." Nina stops to look over the gun. "Jesus, did you steal the gun from a blind man?" Nina mumbles something about communication, then gets to tapping.

What's the fastest way of getting them off? What sort of effort/skill would it take? The goal here is speed over perfection, given that they're on their way.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Fixing the gun, pre-landing:

Nina gives the system a quick once-over, trying to remove as many of the active ARO points as possible.

Rolled Comp + Log (edit file), as that seemed appropriate since it doesn't appear that Change Icon has a roll. Unless you were just trying to give a time frame. Edit Icons (Log + Comp): 13d6t5 5

On the ground:

Nina immediately works towards figuring out the camera situation, and just how many points she would need control of to use said cameras. She stood in the back of the group, depending on the others to figure out the physical situation.

Comp + Int: Matrix Perception: 10d6t5 5

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina taps away on her deck, setting a few commands to try and get to the cameras through the host, assuming she could get to it without too many problems. She sets her persona to something generally security-like, trying to blend into the grid she's on.

Block of text incoming, hopefully all set up right to be able to run with the actions taken:
Free Actions: Reconfigure to the following
-Sleaze 6, Attack 5, Firewall 5, Data Processing 3
-Load up Exploit, Sneak and Agent 5
Complex Action: Hack on the Fly, marking the Host
+2 for Hot Sim, +2 for Exploit, -2 for public grid (or jumping grids? Not sure on the complete situation here) should mean a DP of 16.
Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 8, limit of 6.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Oh right, none of my poo poo matters to the combat directly, unless I'm getting shot at. Please don't let me get shot at.

Nina Walker

Nina jumps into the host in the virtual world, trying not to let the current situation bug her too much in the flesh. She points her Agent in the same direction, trying to get both of them into the host and ready to do some real damage.

Config:
Programs: Exploit, Sneak and Agent 5
Complex Action: Jump Into Host
Agent, Complex Action: Jump Into Host

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina didn't go out of her way to deal with the security for the moment, noticing the files and looking for a central location to focus her efforts. Either the generator to turn everything off while she messes with the files or going directly to the source and fixing things without alarming anyone. Either way, the whole thing will get complicated without knowing what's going on.

She made a few minor adjustments to what she was running, trying to get a bit ahead of the game if things were about to go sour.

Config:
Programs: Exploit, Sneak, Virtual Machine, Baby Monitor and Agent 5
Complex Action: Matrix Perception
Agent, Complex Action: Matrix Perception
Nina's Perception (5 + 5 + 2): Matrix Perception: 12d6t5 2
Agent's Perception (5 + 5): Matrix Perception - Agent: 10d6t5 5

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 7, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina finds her way over towards the wireless grenades, trying to get some sort of authority over a few of them before they get too far apart. Ideally, setting them off now should be a great distraction for the group.

Config:
Complex Action: Hack on the Fly
Agent, Complex Action: Hack on the Fly
Nina's Hack (8 + 6 + 2): Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 5
Agent's Hack (5 + 5): Hack on the Fly - Agent: 10d6t5 3

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina's heartbeats cause her fingers to continuously tap on her deck, trying to force her system to hold up her defenses while trying to set those grenades off in the guard room while avoiding being tracked by the IC incoming. She avoids trying to say anything, not sure how much they can track through just the one mark. She works around the code attached to the mark, trying to shake the mark so she can leave without worrying about getting tracked. She mutters to herself, "Come on, come on."

Defensive:
vs Brute Force: Defense vs Brute Force: 10d6t5 5 + Defense vs Brute Force (Full Def): 5d6t5 1
vs Attack: Defense vs IC Attack: 11d6t5 3 + Defense vs IC Attack (Full Def): 5d6t5 2
Config:
Interrupt: Full Matrix Defense
Free Action: Send Message, "We will blow up your buildings and anyone inside! We have your grenades and we will end your tyranny!"
Free Action: Swap Sleaze and Firewall
Complex Action: Erase Mark on Nina
Agent, Complex Action: Data Spike on Tracker
Nina, Erase Mark (8+6+2): Erase Mark: 16d6t5 4
Agent, Data Spike (5+5): Data Spike: 10d6t5 3
Config:
-Sleaze 5, Attack 5, Firewall 6, Data Processing 3

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 10, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina taps her deck, frustrated by what she thought would be simple security. Maybe Ares was looking to lessen the payroll a bit before the Desert Wars. Now's not the time for that. She tries to set the machine to block as much of the incoming data degradation as she could.

She did not. She tries to use her radio to get talking to the others, but is pretty sure she's the only one with a backup tactical radio. "I'm bricked. Can anyone hear me?"

Pure OOC note, if Nina is able, she will -always- make anything she hears available to the rest of the group.

Defensive:
vs Attack: Int 5 + Firewall 6 + Full Def 5 + Edge 2: Defense vs IC Attack w/ Full Def, Edge: 18d6h5 5 Oh god, +2 Hot Sim so I might not brick: Defense vs IC Attack Forgot Hot Sim: 2d6h5 0 Nope
Config: It's hosed.
Dumpshock Resist: 6 - 1 (Natural) - Dumpshocked: 5d6t5 1 = 4P Condition, giving a -1 to future rolls plus another -2 for 5 minutes due to dumpshock.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 12, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

"Negative. I'm completely bricked." Nina rolls her eyes, moving closer to the combat zone but trying to stay down, far enough away to avoid any stray fire. She probably couldn't help the situation as is, but she could at least move in to catch up with the others.

Actions: Moving within range and eyesight of the guard outpost, slowly and carefully. If there's actions, she'll try to suppress the guard outpost.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina will try to keep her eyes on the trouble possibly blocking their way out. Given how far out she is from everyone, and how terrible of a shot she is, she's going to try spotting over trying to actually shoot people. As soon as the team seems to be clear and/or found a way out, she'll focus more on the escape part, but with the same eyes and ears idea, choosing to shoot only as a last resort.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina looks around at the group, smirking a bit. "That could have gone better. Still, job's done." She starts to do some diagnostic work on the deck, nothing technical, just trying to focus the parts that were the most burnt.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

As the group were secure and started to deal with their own issues, her priority number one was getting her deck back into working order. If she was in civilization, she'd have plenty of names, but here, she's probably not got quite that much free reign.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Quick data post, but Nina intends on the following few things:

A) Get deck fixed
B) Find info on Desert Wars of years past
C) See if she can't get a line into what they're doing in the future

Dunno how long the first will take until I roll it. How much time, assuming Nina wants a full night's sleep?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Using the kit, she continues to poke around with the machine, gently prying some of the ports out to check all the pieces to see if they're even worth salvaging. Her deck's been good to her, but it's a makeshift beast, and some little new parts couldn't hurt. Plus, if she gets it working again, she can get to work on a real project.

She pulls out a few more fried wires, looking at them oddly. "Next time, can't treat it like a milk run. Need to be prepared, see what I'm getting into."

Fixing poo poo #1: 13d6t5 4, giving me 1/10 left on the deck
Fixing poo poo #2: 13d6t5 3 to clear it up.
Matrix Search: 10d6t5 5 to search about the Desert Wars.

Not sure how many rolls you wanted, but go ahead and roll out the rest, if there are any.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Night Before:

Nina looks through more stories of events, but also some of the people who got famous from it. Get some ideas on what to do for the next day. Especially the deckers from earlier games.

Morning:

Nina finds her suit set out for her, trying to get there early to get herself all dressed properly. Between the bunch of them, she hoped to stand out, but the whole event made part of her wish for something a little more her speed. She was, of course, the last one out of the back, barely in time for the speech. She quietly watches the gunplay, thinking to herself that she just hopes she doesn't get shot at.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina quietly makes her way out of the random Bravo Company folks hitting on her, not really in the mood for it. When she hears talking directly to her about her exploits back before this, she gives the best smile she could given her lack of sleep. "Well, it wasn't like he had a port just sitting open that had a big flashing light above it saying "Touch Here To Wreck My Deck". It was like a tug of war, he opened ports to attack, I put up firewalls to screen off his attack. I attacked, he defended. It gave me long enough to find something to latch onto, the way he set his defenses up. He'd leave open a port, probably just to keep me from completely turtling on him. He moved it along as I went, but he did it in a pattern. I had like three seconds each time to make something happen. As soon as I figured out the pattern, it was a piece of cake. Just take those three seconds and.."

She suddenly claps her hands together. "Gave him everything I had. Flooded that one port with everything I had. Was fast enough to keep it open long enough to brick his deck. One of the big rules of decking is never be predictable against someone who can learn. You probably want to write that one down."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina tries to pass the question off as nothing. "You'll have to ask the PR rep, I was told to keep it hush. Keeps people guessing, makes the competition unable to study my style too much. You know how it is with this kind of gig, they're looking to make creds. When it comes to my past, I just say what they let me."

Nina pauses for a moment to think. "As for anyone who wants to be here? Only do it if you really want it. This isn't a part-time thing. You have to live the life, you have to see the world as both reality and AR, and that takes practice. Lots and lots of practice. It's not for the faint of heart."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 9.5

Nina made her way back to the other soldiers, where she met up with some of the other support crew types. They tend to hang together as they're usually not the big macho sorts who need to get their killing on.

Lissa's a combat medic with a good amount of experience from Charlie Company, A3 assault squad. She's taught Nina a bit about patching people up, and they're generally both laid back outside of the field. They're also both heavily into Ares as a company. (Connections: Lissa: 1d4 4)

Oz is an ork rigger with Alpha Company, C1 Motor Pool. Oz and Nina can talk tech with one another for hours, even if they've got different interests in the field. While they don't tend to work together very often, when they do, they're a pretty good team. They've never seen actual combat together, though. (Connections: Oz: 1d4 3)

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 4, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina checks the time quickly, trying to do some mental math. "How long we got? Not that I'm opposed to a bit of a challenge, but my group's probably gonna need to get some time to gel and all. Still, can't resist a good challenge. Plus, it's not like I do much more than overwatch, anyways."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina smirks at Oz, looking at some of the action. "Sure, but only one. I know you don't care too much about what's going on up there, but it'll be kinda shifty if we miss too much. Still, could use some extra money on the side."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina checks the rig out, looking at it from the side. "Where'd they get these? drat things probably worth enough to buy three of mine."

Nina quickly picks out her setup, trying to grab whatever she needed quickly before getting things going. She set up an agent, not bothering to try too many against a mystery opponent.

Deck Setup:
Firewall 11/Attack (11) 10/Sleaze 9/Data Processing 8
Programs: Agent 5, Armor, Hammer, Decryption, Mugger, Guard
Going Hot-Sim: Initiative: 4d6+13 25

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 10, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina taps a few times as she tries to put together a decent defense to this initial attempt to sneak past her security protocols. She starts rotating her open ports, just enough to allow her to get herself back on track. Giving up on the subtle approach, in a one on one, sometimes it makes sense to just try to break down the front.

She taps away at her deck, giving her agent commands to work on clearing out her own security issues, while she feeds more and more information just to get something through the security protocols of her opponent.

Complete aside, but you wrote "one decker enters, two deckers leave" in the description for the games here. Which led to me thinking I was too tired last night to make a coherent post. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning well rested and I saw the same thing. THIS IS A DECKER CLONING FACILITY BEST OF THE BEST.

Deck Setup:
Defense Roll #1 (16): Defense vs On The Fly #1: 16d6t5 5
Defense Roll #2 (16): Defense vs On The Fly #2: 16d6t5 5
2 marks, and 1 hit on the Matrix Perception bonus.
Brute Force Nina (14): Brute Force: 14d6t5 6
Erase Mark Agent (10): Erase Mark: 10d6t5 1 It begins again.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

"That little piece of drek.." Nina taps her deck a few more times as she notices what her opponent's trying to do. She sends some spikes down the route through the agent, not bothering to look back around to try and see where they go. She's more intent on trying to end this quickly, making the guy pay for this strategy.

She tries to shout at her agent, thinking it might help given the stress of the moment. "Don't just sit there! Do something!" A few more taps, and it goes to trying to clear off the protocol hooks her opponent has into her system.

Deck Setup:
Defensive Rolls:
Defense vs Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 5 2 Marks on him
Defense vs Erase Mark: 16d6t5 6 Still 2 Marks

Free Action (last round): Spike (1 mark)
Complex Action (this round): Brute Force
Free Action (this round): Spike (2 or 3 marks)
Complex Action, Agent: Erase Mark

Spike (1 mark): 14d6t5 2
Brute Force: 14d6t5 8
Spike (2-3 marks): 14d6t5 6
Erase Mark: 10d6t5 4

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"So, how much did I win? There wasn't a bonus for being fancy, right?" Nina grins, getting out of her little pod. "Good to get some good vibes on the deck front. If I had tech like this, the Desert Wars would be a breeze. Where'd I collect my creds?"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina takes her credstick, transferring some of her own. "Nah, don't need a handle. Handles are for spooks and cooks. As far as a drink goes, I'll just go simple. Gimme something with caffeine, soykaf if you've got nothing better."

Nina smiles at Oz, counting the nuyen in her head. "I'm good right now. Kinda wanted to make sure to get some of the training down."

IN THE EVENING, TIME TRAVEL IS FUN

Nina looks at the message, shaking her head a bit. ["This urgent, White? I'm kinda busy right now."]

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 14, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

In The Underground Place

Nina grins back, raising the cup gently towards the bartender. "Sure thing, especially if we can keep paying out like this." As Oz gives the hand out, Nina closes her fist and taps it up against the hand. She nods, checking her own deck for the time. "Right, right. I'll be right behind you."

Nina finishes her coffee without being in too much of a rush. As soon as she's done, though, she's back in a rush to catch up.

In the FUTURE

[Fine, fine. But this better not be something that'll get me fired. Just gimme that much before I clear something out for you.]

In the facility

Nina sits quietly in the back, trying her best not to be noticed. Deckers and shouting Platoon leaders rarely are on the same wavelength, but the least she could do was not make it too obvious.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

The Future

[I didn't expect you wanted to grab a cup of soykaf and talk, White.] Nina nods to herself, tapping on the deck a few more times. [So, where am I going?]

The Desert

Nina decides on her lighter gear, ready to only get involved if she had to. Having a built-in medkit was probably more important than taking more bullets. She's screwed if she's getting shot at. She does load up on some of the Stick n' Shock ammo, as it's pretty useful stuff. "Sergeant, do we have any clue on their cyberwarfare capabilities? Old security systems? Anything?"

Stick n' Shock for her pistol, Urban Explorer Jumpsuit for her armor.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

The Future

[Sure thing, boss. I'll be down there quick.] Nina checks inside wherever she is, making sure to keep her head up for this one. While she's pretty sure White wouldn't want her dead, this whole thing seems unusual for the time.

The Desert

"Alright, then I should be ready to go whenever. I'll try and stick closer to the group this time, if only in case people get shot up."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE FUTURE

Nina heads towards the location in question, not expecting much from White. The guy's not Ares, but still, as long as it isn't against the company, how much trouble could he get her into?

Since, from what I can gather, this wasn't the meeting spot, I'm not sure Nina could help. Even if this was the meeting spot, I'm not sure Nina's mediocre pistol skills will help much here. Still, she's probably willing to give it a shot.

[b]THE DESERT[/b}

"Yeah, that plan works. As long as I'm not stuck carrying them out. I need two hands for my baby here." Nina motions towards her deck, looking at some of the others. "I mean, it's probably better than going in there guns blazing and hoping for the best, but ideally, we shouldn't knock out the hostages unless we have to."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE DESERT

"Gimme a sec. It isn't as easy as the trids make it look." Nina moves to the door, looking at the lock before grabbing the right set of tools to try and use one of the autopickers.

THE FUTURE

Nina hears the gunshots, and tries to avoid rolling her eyes. She goes to try to find the direction that White is getting into trouble.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE DESERT

"Alright, lemme wire this like.." Nina goes quiet, as she looks to wire her deck in directly.

Well, this explains where all those successes went.Hardware + Logic: 13d6t5 10

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE DESERT

Nina taps her deck a few times, sending some basic permission infiltrators at the lock before answering the question. "I'm unlocking the door now, we should be moving pretty shortly here."

Given the fact that there's no active resistance, I'm just going to roll a few On The Fly rolls to make things easier. I can't think of the right action to open it, but the goal will be get marks enough to tell the door to unlock, then unlock it.

Deck Setup: Sleaze 6, Firewall 5, Attack 5, Data 3
Programs: Exploit, Hammer, Shell

Hack On The Fly #1: 14d6t5 8
Hack On The Fly #2: 14d6t5 6
Hack On The Fly #3: 14d6t5 6

Control Device (Int + E. War): 11d6t5 3

THE FUTURE

Nina carefully walks towards the direction everyone seems to be running away from. Since she doesn't hear much in terms of gunshots, she's not exactly worried about getting fired on, more concerned about picking up the wrong kind of attention. The fact that they were SK meant that there's likely to be some of the Ares folks involved, given that being a theme of the trids the group made.

This was gonna be fun..

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE DESERT

Nina tries to find her way back to the back of the group, moving one hand to her pistol while she did so. Sure, she wasn't great with this thing, but at least she was good enough to not accidentally shoot someone.

OOC: Near the back, only the last if we're 100% sure we're not gonna get ambushed. Which'll be never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE FUTURE

Nina headed to wherever she was supposed to meet White. It wasn't that much further, and it could've been anyone going around randomly murdering people.

THE DESERT

Nina immediately tries to figure out other ways around and get a better idea of the security.

So, can I Matrix Perception even if I'm on the outer-net-thing? Or will that only show other things on said outer-net-thing? (Sorry, no book atm).

• Locked thread