Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

DrManiac posted:

So is dr.strange worth it? I might try him or nightcrawler since it's a bogo weekend.

I'd go with NC, Strange has a lot of cooldowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
That has replaced the map

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
LOL comixfan is a lil slow when someones giving away loot

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
If you have credits.
If you need vendor xp.

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 30, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
how many times do you have to re summon for that?

e: \/\/ oh wow

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 30, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

nickhimself posted:

Played an X-Def as Thor with a glitching Strange. So many things wrong with this match.

1. That IronMan was last place in damage until the last round
2. How did I (Thor) get 2nd DPS above IM, Gambit, and even Deadpool?
3. How many people who play Strange are doing this now? It seems like every other Strange is glitching like crazy.

I wouldnt take that too seriously, even Doomsaw said meters are broken.

ps: new hero

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/80124/new-playable-hero-announcement-1-of-5-official

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 1, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I think he will be

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eiffel On You posted:

Yeah we got you covered jubelio. Just post in that thread that it was a valiant effort, but we are sticking with jubelio's thread.

edit: Oh man, Comixfan is none too pleased now. Y'all done did it now.

We should preemptively prepare the Sue Storm and Psylocke threads

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
A nuke goes off in CFs head..

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

What characters *need* PSS/Atlantean the most? Or alternately, who are they most useful on? I've only got one of each and didn't wanna put 'em on the wrong guy.

Good for Spidey,NC and Gambit in my experience(PSS).

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Was checking out Magic with RR, pretty nice summoning demons now and then, she can hold her own too.

Spidey has the nice sig move that pulls enemies together at first, good for some heroes.

hm...now it looks like I must buy that team up pack.

Anyone using the passive only effects?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

kojicolnair posted:

Generally you can get him banned/warned on the forums for that if you care enough to contact someone. Either way that's hilarious that he got that mad.

Ya, I got warned for a pic...it was this:

from a cosmic prestige whine thread, haha

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
When chase costumes are in the store, can you random them with the grinder?(they are in now)

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 8, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

davebo posted:

You are playing this casual game too casually! Kick it in to high gear! *whipcrack*

Dont you have like bugged 700% xp?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Firestar on TC

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Im not really feeling Falcon, his animations are really lacking

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Any videos of Falcon or Firestar yet?

I didnt watch them myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3sGOTQooY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdOwfiGgYS0

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

They gave out sif/rif/xp boosts that applied to nearby people as well as you, so goons banded together to have around 100 people apply boons at once. I only got in on a tiny one and it resulted in an ingame week of buffs.

More importantly, they used to stack so you could get hundreds of xp/rif/sif

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I popped all my boosts and got 1 unique yesterday :rant:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Pass it to me :(

Game update:

quote:

Hi,

We're working hard on our new advancement system tonight and Sue and , but I wanted to drop by and answer the most popular questions I've seen in chat:

Team Up gear drops in common and uncommon rarities currently (white and green). Once you learn how to spot them, they are easy, but you need to notice a few drop so you can train your eyes to quickly see them. We are also requesting a soft VFX glow be added to these for the future along with points for the rarest versions.

Eventually blue Team Up gear will drop and other rarities as more affixes are added.

There is no diminishing returns on Unique drops. That was an interesting theory I heard this weekend in chat / forums.

We are working on 1-2 more options to help out people with bad RNG luck. We've done a few things already, but we would like to continuing pushing the envelope without making things dull and going to a 1 / hour type of system.

Cosmic Prestige is indeed 1/25th of regular experience, but Prestige 6 (Cosmic) was not specifically benefitting from one of the live tuning boosts that we left on many months ago. I believe that level of Prestige was added to the live tuning boost on Friday morning along with the patch to prevent confusion / frustration. (I saw some arguement about this, which are not necessary, both sides are technically "right").

Cosmic Iron Buddy looks incredible and will be in game next week.

The attribute review is complete internally and we'll be sharing the details tomorrow. It's a great improvement to the system and I'm pretty pumped to share it with everyone.

The item review is coming along nicely. It's not huge, but there are a good number of fixes and improvements to existing items that will benefit many under-represented options / builds and just more choice overall.

Black Widow's level 52 review will be on public test center in approximately 1 week. We did an iteration pass and made a few small changes based on feedback from the sneak preview I posted.

Our new alternative advancement system is really shaping up quite nicely and will be ready before the end of May (and much earlier for public testing).

I saw a few bugs discussed (Nightcrawler, Taskmaster and a few others). If the bug has been reported in the Hero & Power Reports section then it is 100% in our system and a team has been assigned to repro and fix. Every morning, those forums are scanned and every report is transcribed into our tracking software and assigned a priority and owner.

I posted the 3 categories for the new Item Design contest in the General Announcements section. We added a Grand Prize for best item overall. The entries so far have been amazing, which is going to make judging this tough and exciting. I have a strong feeling a lot of these are going to be added to the game in the coming weeks.

A saw someone ask about Bronx Zoo. That part of the story is going to be added after our last bit of Asgard content (the final boss, Surtur, in the new raid zone).

Our achievements system continues to track on schedule, with internal testing in 5 weeks and public testing in 9 weeks.

Invisible Woman is nearing the stage where her VFX get approved, iterated and eventually sent to test center. It should be 12-15 days and she'll be ready for testing.

Trading system back-end is complete, but front-end is schedule to finalize next month and then we'll test for whatever number of days are required to be confident in launch.

Bonus note: Since most of us have all seen Winter Soldier at least once, you can probably understand why we weren't quite given the thumbs up to make him a hero/team-up, yet...

Finally, we can see what the new attribute system is like.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I asked what the alternated advancement system was and my post disappeared :crossarms:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Ok Mr Hulk

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Other posted:

RIP XP bonuses from Intelligence

Better level my Iron Man so he can benefit from the xp now and that sweet Crit rating and Crit DR thats replacing it

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Soothing Vapors posted:

"I think its the torso. Her breasts are nice and all, but the overall size of her torso (minus the boobs) is not very feminine. Kinda thick and heavy-set. And as a result, the overall proportions and placement feels off. makes her head look too tall, or neck too long, or boobs too far out and low."

this person has to be a serial killer

Her neck does look too long to me now that I took a better look.

e: uniques from TC

slot 1 and 5

egg

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 17, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:siren: PLEASE DISRESPECT EACH OTHER RESPECTFULLY AND CONSTRUCTIVELY. THANKS :siren:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Leper Residue posted:

Can you trade in three of those unique rings the asgardian vendor sells?

Edit: Not the pvp ones, the Signer of Tyr.

Just tried it on TC, doesn't work. Recipe specifies armor or weapon.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eiffel On You posted:

What about with the new Easter uniques? Is there a way for that to be tested?

I ran around MM for about 10 mins, after a boss wave I got an egg. No way Im trying to farm up enough for 1, let alone multiples. Also, looks like they removed the random unique box.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Nativity In Black posted:

I'm a little drunk and I don't want to go around "reading" "threads" right now, so my question is am I the only person getting this?

I don't feel like uninstalling and reinstalling this whole loving game.

I get that all the time, it doesnt reinstall the game.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

nickhimself posted:

Delete this folder:
Steam/SteamApps/common/Marvel Heroes/InstallDependencies

it has redist files and poo poo inside of it that are not necessary for the game to run after it has installed them on the first run... yet the presence of this folder will cause that dialog to pop up every time.

Thanks, that did it.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I leveled almost every hero with mole man medal, so pretty used to having that.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Their new approach is to starve them a little, make them want it badly, then unleash it at the maximum price(perhaps a new higher price). No price is too high for MILF boob windows.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
So Im saving that picnic basket for who knows what.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
We'll be able to gift heroes?

Source?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Challenge: do not look at the neck

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Yea, weekends going to be crazy

quote:

@TheDink said: Just found out yesterday that I will be the one working on Psylocke
Cool, more longnecks

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
This place is no longer secure.

Take all sensitive matters to our private boards ;)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kheldarn posted:

drat. I was really hoping for BOGOF Costumes instead of Heroes.

Doomsaw, can we make it a BOGOF Heroes & Costumes Combo?

Yea...its pointless for heroes if you have all, you literally cannot buy one to get one free :gaz:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Nobody knows my game name is Comixfan, so Im safe

e: actually posted this before I read above, lol

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Soothing Vapors posted:

:woop:

DEATH TO STORM. THE AGE OF SQUIRREL GIRL HAS ARRIVED, INSHALLAH

Yes! Can it be The Age of the THING too?

Kheldarn posted:

:siren:NEW TEAM-UP HERO: Beta Ray Bill!:siren:

He's not available for purchase, but he shows up in the Team-Up Heroes tab of your Hero Roster!
well spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/85726/big-ten-weekend#latest
Big Ten Weekend!

quote:

In order to celebrate 10 months since the Marvel Heroes launch, we decided to hold the biggest event we've ever had.

How do you one-up things like the Easter Egg hunt, the Holiday gifts, Don't Fear the Reaper livetuning and so many other awesome weekend events?

Combine them! We recently asked players to pick their favorite events we've held, and we chose ten.

We'll be honoring these ten events of future past and in the following ways:

Don't Fear the Reaper Live Tuning Event

Luck of the Draw - Hero & Costume BOGO Sale

Easter - Egg Hunt, Egghunter's Gift & Easter Basket (SATURDAY ONLY!) Daily Gifts

More Cowbell - Cosmic Cow King Crate (SATURDAY ONLY!)

Winter Holidays - Holiday Present Daily Gift

Fortune Favors You - Free Fortune Card Each Day + Fortune Card Sale

Saint Patrick's Day - Pot of Gold Legendary Recipe & Legendary Rainbow Gifts

Australia Day - Pyro Buffed & Holiday Drops

Valentine's Day - Cupid's Arrows & Other Holiday Drops

Lunar New Year - Red Envelope Daily Gift & Holiday Drops

Additionally, we're going to be offering a 50% bonus to XP, SIF, & RIF. This livetuning will begin as soon as the patch goes live and last until next Friday!

Because we want some of the sweet loot too, a few members of the Dev Team are going to be playing this weekend and spoiling things answering questions!

To celebrate this event, we're also putting the Cosmic Penta-Boost back into the store for a limited time!

what..

quote:

We'll be posting the live tuning schedule here with an easily shared asset once it's finalized - this time it's going to last an entire week!

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 24, 2014

• Locked thread