Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tortolia posted:

Guess I'll BOGO Tasky this weekend and save splinters for IW instead.

ughh I really want IW but I'm gonna buy Squirrel Girl or Cap with G's this weekend, guess I'll have to save up all 350 splinters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Sue is amazing. She might be my favorite hero in the game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Sue video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSqwSSNnz8U

e: her fly animation is so badass, dear god

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 23, 2014

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
IW is cool. She also has a power that does not scale AT ALL (invisibility)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

The Hood is just that well written.

The annoying thing is that "guy with a cloak that lets him teleport anywhere" is already enough to make some interesting stories without also going ".....that is also an acrobatic badass crime boss who shoots magic bullets"

It just screams of "I couldn't think of anything interesting to do with a weak normaly guy that can warp anywhere, so I made him Skinny Kingpin"

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Holy crap I want to play Bubble Bobble with Invisible Woman on live right now, that looks awesome.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Soothing Vapors posted:

The half-kneeling thing on a disc or the half-T hover animation?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Oh my word. Take my money.

Additionally, anything changed with Ms. Marvel or her uniques?

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-dHVmT4EkM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh my god the attribute change + uniques update = COLOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUSSSSS

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Did Loki's pets get buffed?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Did Loki's pets get buffed?

Dunno but pets in general got a buff with the attribute change, also Loki has a new costume.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I was real mad about the damage Invisible Woman was taking in that video until I realized the dude only had 5k health on her.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Loki Siege costume:

New Nightcrawler X-Force costume:

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

Soothing Vapors posted:

So much swag. :stare:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. They managed to break able to open your Synergies window. Keybinds don't bring it up, and clicking on the, "You have Synergy points to spend!" icon doesn't do anything, either. :gaz:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

nickhimself posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-dHVmT4EkM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh my god the attribute change + uniques update = COLOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUSSSSS

The stat/tuning update is insane for a good number of skills now, after only 5m on the TC I've seen stuff like Vortex Grenade (loving finally), Savage Strike, Enervating Slash and Bo Beatdown to name a few getting ~ double the damage of live.

EDIT: Although apparently not Ghost Rider :| a lot of his abilities that needed huge buffs don't seem that different at first glance.

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 23, 2014

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Deadpool's Stink bomb was changed from energy to physical damage and now does about 15% less damage :(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kheldarn posted:

Welp. They managed to break able to open your Synergies window. Keybinds don't bring it up, and clicking on the, "You have Synergy points to spend!" icon doesn't do anything, either. :gaz:

That wasn't the case at all for me. Did you restart your client and stuff and have it persist?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

That wasn't the case at all for me. Did you restart your client and stuff and have it persist?

Ah, restarting worked. Odd, but thank you!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Welp, mumble people are saying Storm got pretty massively nerfed. Ball Lightning now has two components, the ball that hits whatever it moves through, and a tiny amount of damage done as AoE; Freezing Tempest go nerfed quite a bit; and Lightning Column got a slight DPS nerf.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Welp, mumble people are saying Storm got pretty massively nerfed. Ball Lightning now has two components, the ball that hits whatever it moves through, and a tiny amount of damage done as AoE; Freezing Tempest go nerfed quite a bit; and Lightning Column got a slight DPS nerf.

Maybe Doomsaw forgot to add a Storm update section

Storm buffs: 0

Storm nerfs: 3

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Look, Gaz doesn't believe in stealth nerfs and it would be stupid to try it in 2014.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nope. I forgot.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

that isnt new

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Nevermind

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dick Trauma posted:

How long will I have to wait for a playable Howard the Duck? Armed with Quack-Fu and a snub nose revolver.

Ryolnir in September of 2013: "I have a sweet Howard the Duck trading card in my car that I keep there for... I have no idea why I keep it there. I received it as a gift on the last day of my previous job.

Needless to say, Howard the Duck rocks. Howard for Marvel Heroes 2013."

Clearly the devs want him, so he's probably just trapped in a world he never made.

That thread by the way is the best collection of quit-threats I've ever seen on a game forum.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
I kind of figured Storm would get nerfed in her 52 review, but I guess it didn't have to take that long. Guess I'll get in some good times while they last.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

:woop:

DEATH TO STORM. THE AGE OF SQUIRREL GIRL HAS ARRIVED, INSHALLAH

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Buff to Colossus, buffs to SG, Buffs to BW, IW looks baller as hell, nerfs to storm a good patch.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Nobody has tested Thundering Maelstrom AFAIK, maybe it got a buff? :unsmith:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

time to unbind my doc ock arms

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

WarLocke posted:

Nobody has tested Thundering Maelstrom AFAIK, maybe it got a buff? :unsmith:

Someone would have to use Thundering Maelstrom in order to know that though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren:NEW TEAM-UP HERO: Beta Ray Bill!:siren:

He's not available for purchase, but he shows up in the Team-Up Heroes tab of your Hero Roster!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

The music was predictable, but I belly-laughed anyway.

Kheldarn posted:

:siren:NEW TEAM-UP HERO: Beta Ray Bill!:siren:

He's not available for purchase, but he shows up in the Team-Up Heroes tab of your Hero Roster!

Man, if I ever wanted to play Thor again, I know who I'd be grabbing when he hit live... :(

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, better poopsock Storm from 48 to 60 ASAP.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Bieeardo posted:

The music was predictable, but I belly-laughed anyway.

Man, if I ever wanted to play Thor again, I know who I'd be grabbing when he hit live... :(

Mumble is claiming Thor got massive buffs. TC is still 11000 MB left for me :(

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Daric posted:

What build is everyone using for Loki? And does it take until 60 before he actually is good because I've been leveling a couple other characters and it feels like other players that are in my same level range are just making GBS threads out damage and I'm doing nothing.

Pages back, but this is how I'm building my Loki currently. Probably not the most 100% optimal build but it's pretty fun. Keep your illusions up while spamming permafrost/arcane binding from a slight distance. You can probably throw a couple extra points into cold snap (for lifesteal/extra dmg when following permafrost) or whatever passive armor you want.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Pets got buffed, probably wanna wait on Loki

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Damage values are up across the board save a few exceptions. Certain heroes like Spider-man got massive damage boosts because almost all of his skills were tagged Fighting, plus the baseline buffs and stat buffs. The skills that were reduced in damage either obviously needed to be nerfed or were long cooldown sigs that had their damage offloaded to other skills. The nerfed skills include Ball Lightning, Freezing Tempest, Lightning Column, X-Slash, and Phoenix Inferno. The long cd sigs include One-Off, Aerial Assault. This is not a comprehensive list, I do not have most characters at level 60.

Cable's damage is up across the board. Loki's damage is up across the board. Cyclops' damage is up across the board. Scarlet Witch's damage is up across the board and bewildering hex still works fine as of the time of this posting.

Iron Man got buffed. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
THING HAS BEEN BUFFED AS WELL NOBODY FORGET ABOUT THING

"This is better than breakfast in bed!" dear god I am going to end up buying IW.

• Locked thread