Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I think it's best to say that it's best to roll costume affixes either at 1 or 60, since then you can check the roll range from the compendium. In the middle you can't realty tell is the roll good or not because there's nothing to compare to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

The saddest thing about the Dr. Strange bug is how utterly poo poo the projection skill is without it. If it was playable then whitelisters and the pubbies would have found this out within a minute of Strange going on TC.

There's a sweet spot between 0 damage and 50k damage per hit per illusion, yet sadly they're wayyyyyyyyy below it.

I want a functioning and viable projection build. I don't want to lay out lovely dot fields 24/7. Not saying he can't have a viable build doing that, I just don't want to play him that way.

This is pretty funny in retrospect:

HarryTasker posted:

How long something is on public is irrelevant to quality. A majority of the bugs found are reported during internal/WL, it's just a matter of them being fixed before release that's the problem. I can't think of a single instance where public test has found something we didnt considering it's pretty much our focus to break stuff.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I did my own tests and posted in http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/82189/cosmic-prestige-is-actually-50-times-longer-not-25-times-as-stated-on-the-tooltip/p4

Turned hero synergies off, same level characters, red Kingpins Warehouse. I killed the three guaranteed mobs at the end of the alleyway.

Results:

40% xp bonus, non-cosmic character: Mobs 10065 xp, orb 5032 xp, boss orb 36921 xp.
50% xp bonus, cosmic character: Mobs 213 xp, orb 107 xp, boss orb 791 xp.

That gives us factors of 47,2x, 47,0x and 46,6x.

Rise to the barricades fellow yellowmans

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Spudsly posted:

Yeah this is a nice controlled way to do the test. I don't think there's any way to argue against it, although I'm constantly amazed at the irrational arguments coming out of math/statistics threads.

Yeah, that was the only place I could think of with a guaranteed static spawn of mobs.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Cease to Hope posted:

I'd really like to see what sort of a gear setup you have where +4 or +5 skill doesn't blow any reasonable amount of DR out of the water.

According to the ~~SW spreadsheet~~, better than +6 Entropy gloves:
  • Darkhold
  • Well rolled Dragonfang
Slightly worse but with different utility:
  • Hellfire Shotgun (17 spirit/350hp on kill)
  • Death Seed (health, revive)
  • Soulsword (single target M'Kraan proc, +1 energy, invuln proc)

I'm still using a Death Seed for the 2k extra health (especially since I use Doc Ock arms instead of Nexus Mark) and the revive isn't bad either. It's a bit of a shame because the Gloves are really good (especially the summon procs and petrify can be quite helpful in cosmics), but DS + health core puts me up to 15kish health which is kinda needed.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Harlock posted:

I was lucky enough to get a Dragonfang. Level 32. :argh:

I have a pretty well rolled one and it's pretty nuts. Like 600 critical and 2000 critical damage :stare:

Edit maybe BW will get it

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 12, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

WarLocke posted:

Also, I am wondering why the go-to combination with the Scarlet Witch is Combustion Hex and Ravenous Hex. According to the web builder site, if you max both Hex Binding and Ravenous Hex, since they synergize, Binding last for almost 15 seconds (I'm assuming the damage lasts the entire duration) and Ravenous heals 220hp/sec/target - and those are 20-point, no-gear-mod numbers. :monocle:

It's not. You only have four damage skills worth using so why wouldn't you max all of them?

MAX:
Combusting Hex
Hex Binding
Ravenous Binding
Chaos Warp
Chaos Magic

1 point:
Obfuscation
Warding Veil
Reality Implosion
(Bewitching Hex, Corrosive Hex, Chthonic Gloom + Ominous Veil if you feel like it)

You then have 23-27 points left over to distribute between Bewildering Hex and Ruinous Flux. Whatever floats your boat - Flux is free damage but scales kinda badly and having a 10+s Bewildering is really nice.

20 points in Obfuscation nets you 1000 defence and 10% projectile evasion, whoopee. Not worth it.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Here's my unique suggestion:

Tony's Favourite Ring
+1 Durability
+xxx Tenacity
+xx% Power duration
+x% Attack speed
+x% Move speed

"That looks way too big for a finger."

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Submitted.

Tony's "Special" Ring

Any hero, slot 4 (feet)

+2 Durability
+xxx Tenacity
+xx% Power duration
+x% Move speed
+xx Spirit
x% chance on hit to launch a stream of white hot magma, hitting your target for x energy damage
+2 to current rank of all powers

"That looks way too big for a finger. Are you sure it's not an anklet?" -Pepper Potts

Icon: A spiky, thick ring

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1065193#Comment_1065193

Diabetic posted:

NO. NO INTERNET, NO, BAD.

haters gonna hate~~

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 15, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The gently caress is a Pym's?

It's a type of Lommy

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
The fat thigh epidemic is spreading

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Rufio posted:

Doomsaw logged me in for my daily gift. What a pal

How do I gear Cable

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I wish you strength baby man. I hope you don't get PTSD from this shameless cyber bullying

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I've lost the ability to talk ingame.

help

edit: I mean I disagreed with 2 profish posts, and I'm not even warned on the forums or anything

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 21, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I can still post on the forums and have received no warnings.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

jymbojones posted:

I got banned for disagreeing with like 6 or 7 of that dudes "Done" posts, which I actually disagreed with, because I disagree with being a huge pussy in general. I'm not even in Groot Force, yet apparently this was "coordinated". I can't even log in to file a ticket asking them for proof.

Hah yeah it's funny as hell, I disagreed with two (2) of his posts (both of which were terrible and not made months ago) and I haven't even received any mail about this nor are there warnings on the account. Just a straight up ban with no information when (if) it ends.

I don't give two shits about the forums but that chat ban is retarded. I guess dooming people to play alone for a week is a good punishment for pushing a button on the internet a couple of times?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I have to say I genuinely feel bad for the CS man who had to ready my chat logs though. I may have driven him to drink (even more than currently).

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Rest in pieces my waifu Wanda.. It was fun while it lasted :nyoron:

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

nickhimself posted:

All I want is for these medallion and artifact buffs to be good instead of very minor and forgettable. The new legendary sounds pretty great. Physical finally has its place independent of Melee. Excellent.

Here's hoping my stash tab of cosmic Sauron medallions will yield something useful.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
BW looks great. Grenades changed to small initial damage and a dot, Stinging Barrage damage up by like 30%, Widow's kiss damage doubled, Drones doubled.

The new sniper power stealths you, but so does your roll.

Widowmaker powers seem pretty pointless. CdG hits for like 60k without full widowmaker, 73k with full. But it has 0.8 attack speed. Also it does physical damage so it's pretty pointless in an energy build. Sure, if it bruts it does 500k or thereabouts, but that's only a 25% chance.

RRR is officially the best passive (750 crit, 750 brut, 1700 crit damage, 6,4 spirit on crit at level 20).

I really like it. I guess you're going to Stinging shot continuously while weaving in both grenades, kiss and drones. The good news is you'll have infinite spirit.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 23, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Someone post the new Black Tom's. I got one so late that it didn't copy.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Gunjin posted:

How do BW's physical damage skills look? Down with energy.

Honestly? Really good.

I'm just starting to test them.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Gunjin posted:

How do BW's physical damage skills look? Down with energy.

Well I just did cosmic Kurse in under 3 minutes. It's pretty drat good.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Went in to solo X-def, kept Taskmaster and Doc Ock confused until they killed themselves.

Nothing seems to have been changed yet.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Alright, Bewildering doesn't work on bosses at all anymore.

:rip: yellowman, cut down before her prime.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Differo Cathedra posted:

I would recommend getting a couple of general tabs, at least one crafting tab, and only get a character tab if you're absolutely certain that you will play a character alot.

Nah, character tabs are great for holding 1) insignias 2) rings 3) any hero uniques 4) uru-forged stuff.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

jubelio posted:

From the accounts of goons last night, most of the nerfs arent invalidating the hero, just bringing them in line with the current power curve. ymmv.

quote:

She may have been overpowered, but now I've got Level 40 characters that could mop the floor with my fully geared Level 60 Storm. She's not being "tuned", she's being executed. I guarantee this will make 90% of Storm users stop playing her.

Official forums :c00lbutt:

edit: I mean you have to admit that a power that kills every white mob in the game (up to level 60) when you walk past them might be a bit overtuned. Prestiging Storm was easy since you just press the flight button until you reach the boss.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 24, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's not the nerf to Freezing Tempest that's the issue, it's the nerf to Ball Lightning.

I know, but a lot of people are singling out FT as the worst thing.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

WarLocke posted:

I wish someone would get some numbers on Thundering Maelstrom (I can't do it because if I start installing the TC client now the patch will be live before I'm done) because I never liked CH/BL spam anyway.

I happen to be in the training room on TC right now.

Naked, no synergies:
Level 20 3729-5593 per strike, 61,7% slow, 9,4 spirit/s

If Marvelbase numbers are correct (1533-2318), that's a big increase.

edit: Still does absolutely gently caress all damage though. First time I tried it.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 24, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Just bought SG in anticipation. I've had the Aviator costume for ages from smashing and I've been saving it for this.

edit: BW is kinda hilarious with the permastealth and tauntlocking bosses with Timed Explosive.

Here's what I'm gravitating to:

MAX:
RRR
Sweepkick (vulnerability, knockdown, 360 aoe for trash)
Deadly Blade
CDG
Timed Explosive
Drones

1 point:
Signature

Dump:
Silent Killer

Kevlar Reinforcement gained from Slot 2.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 25, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Afraid of Audio posted:

The BOGO is happening today dude, you could have gotten a random hero box for free with that!

Doesn't work with splinters bro.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
What legendary for SG?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
New uniques I found on test:

Oh and BW's Drop Leg Holster Rig now has up to +6 to Weaponry instead of CDG/Kevlar.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Can't wait to see how much dr my 566 Black Tom's will have post patch.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Ellaybee posted:

Are boss-specific drops like HoD a one-chance-per-day thing? No idea where I got that idea if not, but I don't want to waste time farming stuff. And what are this week's theories on whether it's SIF or RIF that affects artifacts?

They are rare. You might get one in your third run or you can run it 200 times and not see one.

All I know is that when I had like 1300% SIF after booning (and no RIF, it bugged out somehow) I got like 4 artifacts every wave of X-def.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
BW is really fun now. You can still tauntlock bosses with explosives so you basically stealth roll to the boss and then throw explosives every 2 seconds while you kill him.

You won't get hit once.

edit: it's even better than bewildering because they'll stay put, not run around like a headless chicken

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 25, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Lux Aeterna posted:

Is the taunt the same as lil deadpool?

Dunno, I don't have DP.

It just says it "lures in nearby enemies" so I guess Kurse is more interested in beeping things falling on the floor than the dude killing him.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Haha the explosives tauntlock X-Def bosses as well.

:rip: Bewildering Hex
:getin: Timed Explosive

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
It's weird/annoying that Deadly Kick and Sweepkick are pretty much identical. They look the same, they do the same damage, they cost the same, they have almost identical attack speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Bahanahab posted:

Is anyone able to get past the Loki screen? Everytime I log in today I end up getting stuck at this screen.

The trick is to never log out

• Locked thread