Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

quote:

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that due to the great feedback on Sue's visuals and powers, we are going to take the weekend to put some more work into her and insure she is 10/10. What does this mean for the patch we were hoping to release tomorrow?!

Absolutely nothing! We're going to be switching Sue off (she will be on TC again tomorrow) so players can get all of the item review and powers system work done in the past month, as well as the Squirrel Girl and Black Widow design reviews. We have a patch incoming to Test Center now that is from earlier this afternoon.

the terrorists win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Soothing Vapors posted:

the terrorists win

I actually wish I wasnt banned from the forum just so that I could help defend this decision, its an important milestone.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I kept reporting all the loving creeps in the IW feedback thread for saying poo poo like 'NO BOOTY'. Unfortunately it got the thread deleted and all the useful posts gone. At least they realised she needed more testing time.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Alright, this owns:

I already play as Beta Ray Bill, what happens if I choose him as a Team-Up?

If you are playing as Beta Ray Bill, if you choose him as a Team-Up, Thor will actually come and fight with you instead!

First Throg and now this. Gaz knows how to get my money. I'll now have all 3 charging into battle.

I'm also gonna have to get Spider-woman for Carol.

DrPaper fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 25, 2014

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
If I play as Hulk with Spider-Woman, can I make a sandwich?

(I hope some of these Team-Up heroes do actually become playable.)

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

jubelio posted:

I actually wish I wasnt banned from the forum just so that I could help defend this decision, its an important milestone.

No kidding, I haven't seen them not rush out a new character before.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Midnightghoul posted:

Haha they put huge cooldowns on IW's two invisibility powers.

My work here is done. :smuggo:

e: God damnit Gaz I do not need to be spending $40 on new team-ups right now...

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 25, 2014

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Supergroup nerds were nerding out about comics and complaining about Deadpool, then this happened:

Doomsaw is watching over us.

Edit: vv I sure as hell hope they never let us have more than one active at a time. My screen is already chock full of Magiks and Falcons.

davebo fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 25, 2014

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

WarLocke posted:

My work here is done. :smuggo:

e: God damnit Gaz I do not need to be spending $40 on new team-ups right now...

Just gonna guess that it will be a while before those start to come out? The schedule had some coming out in *2015*.

And hell, with 8 more of them I'd like to have more than 1 active :saddowns:

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Calling it now, by the end of 2014 you'll:

1) be controlling 3 characters at once, each with their own inventory
2) have six main slots for gear, 8 artifacts, 2 legendaries, 4 rings
3) have 2 active team ups with 12 slots each for gear
4) have 72 runes to collect to deal with the 21 new runewords which all do more or less the same thing
5) have 14 new purchasable stash tabs
6) rings now must go in general stash tab, no more single hero tab
7) any-hero uniques must now go in general stash tabs
8) Runes must now go in a rune stash tab

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Squirrel Girl's Brand New Build

So Squirrel Girl got reworked and she's really strong now. Her AoE options are lacking but you won't find a better boss-killer.

Here's a build I figured out for her:

Pictured: my current build. Yours may vary.

Max Basic: Melee likes Savage Swipe (very strong at max squirrels, costs no spirit), Ranged likes Squirrel! (worse single-target but better for groups, restores spirit on hit), but choose one. Not enough points for both.

Max Spirit Spender: Squirrelpocalypse for ranged (strong damage, bleed alone deals more damage than DFFT, no cooldown) or Dive Bomb (high damage, AoE, moves you) for melee.

Max Squirrel Powers: Squirrel Friends, Squirrel Special Forces. Use off cooldown, keep Squirrels up and buffed.

Point Dumps: Squirrel Cunning (crit is good yo), Hulkbuster Squirrels (strong and scales well with points)

1-pointers: Squirrel Distraction, for defense. Get gear to boost it. Sic Em? Maybe? If you feel you need more direct squirrel control.

The most important thing here is Death From The Trees is bad, do not use it. People are addicted to that goddamn power and it's garbage compared to Squirrelpocalypse, which deals more damage over time with it's bleed than DFFT does and deals a large amount of upfront damage as well.

I am convinced that Savage Swipe is going to outdamage any of her ranged options pretty easily, but if you want to go full ranged instead of having any melee you can swap it out for Squirrel!, which will keep your spirit reserves higher and remove you from any bad melee situations.'

Nutcracker could be an option for Melee heroes instead of Dive Bomb if you want to forsake all AoE and just go single-target. It's strong but it can eat spirit quickly.

Her Ultimate power is also now ungodly strong, make sure to use it on bosses or when things go south in X-Def. It can matter a lot so don't waste it.

Keep in mind that this is all based off of one night of test server experimentation and will probably change later.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 25, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Just bought SG in anticipation. I've had the Aviator costume for ages from smashing and I've been saving it for this.

edit: BW is kinda hilarious with the permastealth and tauntlocking bosses with Timed Explosive.

Here's what I'm gravitating to:

MAX:
RRR
Sweepkick (vulnerability, knockdown, 360 aoe for trash)
Deadly Blade
CDG
Timed Explosive
Drones

1 point:
Signature

Dump:
Silent Killer

Kevlar Reinforcement gained from Slot 2.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 25, 2014

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

HUMAN FISH posted:

Just bought SG in anticipation. I've had the Aviator costume for ages from smashing and I've been saving it for this.

The BOGO is happening today dude, you could have gotten a random hero box for free with that!

Edit: Thought you meant bought with money my mistake

Afraid of Audio fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Apr 25, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Afraid of Audio posted:

The BOGO is happening today dude, you could have gotten a random hero box for free with that!

Doesn't work with splinters bro.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Will my pet-boosting gear be of any relevance with the new SG or are her squirrels still just around to boost her other powers pretty much?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Kelp Plankton posted:

Squirrel Girl's Brand New Build

The most important thing here is Death From The Trees is bad, do not use it. People are addicted to that goddamn power and it's garbage compared to Squirrelpocalypse, which deals more damage over time with it's bleed than DFFT does and deals a large amount of upfront damage as well.

I never understood why people went bonkers for DffT. I mean, sure, I understand that Squirrelpocalypse was bugged for a long time, but a choice between raining acorns and raining squirrels is no choice at all.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
What legendary for SG?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HUMAN FISH posted:

What legendary for SG?

Unless they've changed it, her squirrels proc the Neptune's Trident procs, so that's at least worth considering.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Unless they've changed it, her squirrels proc the Neptune's Trident procs, so that's at least worth considering.

Yeah, I run Trident on her. The crit rating helps too. You want your squirrels boosted as much as possible, and then a healthy amount of crit and brutal rating on top of that to make them deal even more damage.

However you build Squirrel Girl, most of her damage is going to be coming from her squirrels, and now that they've buffed squirrel damage by like 200% what it used to be, pet items are even stronger on her. It's a good idea to get both Latverian Regalias, a Raptor Stone, Sinister Medallion, Trask Commander Helm, and then the pet damage legendary and blessings. And an Int core on your costume, since that adds pet damage now too.

Then you want to get as much crit and brutal as you can from other slots. Damage Rating is just not something SG has much room for, but you should end up with a pretty healthy Crit Damage Rating value and she herself will do good damage via that.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I'd be glad to buy a legendary for someone that isnt Gugnir.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I know we're still waiting on a standard robo-Torch ENHANCED costume, but seriously, I hope they add Jim's new suit for Torch as well.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Hah, trigger discipline in comic art!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
New DffT isn't bad at all. Its damage got reduced a lot but it's also fire and forget area damage that ticks while you're doing other poo poo now; it's effectively SGs Tear Gas Arrow/Jungle Snare.

It's also a one - button ticket to near-instant max squirrels. Fantastic for opening combat.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 25, 2014

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Screw minmaxing, I'm going full summoner on her, got my Trask, Trident and artifacts good to go.

Yeah that poo poo actually works. :allears:

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
New uniques I found on test:

Oh and BW's Drop Leg Holster Rig now has up to +6 to Weaponry instead of CDG/Kevlar.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Here's the ranged SG build I'm going to be using at first. I'm sure it'll change as I get more comfortable with the patch, but it's a great starting place.

Max:
Squirrelpocalypse
Autofire Acorns
Hulkbuster Squirrels
Squirrel Distraction
Squirrel Friends
Squirrel Cunning

Point Dump:
Death from the Trees (I'm already tempted to take 10 out of Squirrel Distraction to beef this up a bit, since the squirrel-based dodge bonus is static and I'm having zero survivability issues.)

One-Point Wonders:
Sic Em
Squirrel Heart
Squirrel Special Forces
Squirrel! (auto point)

Medal: Doc Ock (primarily because I had a spare cosmic, not married to this)
Gear: Death Seed, Doc Ock Arms, SG Belt, SG non-bow foot unique, SG cards
Artifacts: Pym's (might get rid of this), ACCC, AMA, Zigg
Legendary: Gungnir
Relic: Lemuria
Runeword: RotS on Phys Damage (may change this)
Teamup: Magik set to pure passive
Blessings: Helas

Absolutely destroying cosmics with this on TC. It's awesome. Not sure I need Pym's anymore; RotS + spirit restore from Squirrels may be enough sustain. Needs more testing.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 25, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Man you guys weren't kidding - Luke Cage is fun.

Was getting ultra bored/annoyed with Hawkeye and fired up LC for the hell of it... Yeah, that dude is just ridiculous.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Here's the ranged SG build I'm going to be using at first. I'm sure it'll change as I get more comfortable with the patch, but it's a great starting place.

<...>

Absolutely destroying cosmics with this on TC. It's awesome. Not sure I need Pym's anymore; RotS + spirit restore from Squirrels may be enough sustain. Needs more testing.

This seems like a reasonably solid build. I think she's got a lot of options right now, and haven't really dug into builds that aren't basically 100% summon-gear-focused, since that's my horrible obsession on the character.

You should give the Tippy Toe Bow a shot instead of the Squirrel-A-Gig, though(assuming you can get one). SAG has some attractive stats on it but Tippy Toe does monstrous amounts of damage and is buffed by Special Forces and other squirrel-affecting powers. I'd be curious if you end up thinking the pet's damage outweighs the loss of the SAG stats. I haven't had one of them at 60 in a while so I can't check it out myself.

For pure pet builds, Tippy Toe is the clear choice, but for more Doreen-Damage focused ones like that it might not work out the same way.

I think it'll be a week or two before people really hammer out the most optimal build for her.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

When does BOGO start?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Jedit posted:

When does BOGO start?

I think they said after this morning's patch.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

HUMAN FISH posted:

New uniques I found on test:

Oh and BW's Drop Leg Holster Rig now has up to +6 to Weaponry instead of CDG/Kevlar.

How are you putting +1 Energy in them?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HarryTasker said yesterday or the day before that is supposed to be a new crafting feature and should have been removed from the build, but perhaps it wasn't. Yes, we are going to be able to craft attributes onto our gear in the very near future. That's what you are "seeing" on those BW and Any Hero Uniques.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Eiffel On You posted:

HarryTasker said yesterday or the day before that is supposed to be a new crafting feature and should have been removed from the build, but perhaps it wasn't. Yes, we are going to be able to craft attributes onto our gear in the very near future. That's what you are "seeing" on those BW and Any Hero Uniques.

Every 5 minutes this question gets asked in mumble.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
According to Doomsaw today's patch may take less than an hour.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Can't wait to see how much dr my 566 Black Tom's will have post patch.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Protocol 5 posted:

According to Doomsaw today's patch may take less than an hour.

I'm hoping this something goes terribly wrong so that we get even more of a bonus weekend.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I wish they'd focus team-ups more on the really fun characters that would never be feasible as playable characters but you'd still want to adventure with-- Kosmo the space dog, Fat Cobra, or the Warriors Three (as a single team up character!), more than "support role" people like Clea.

That being said, definitely picking up Beta Ray Bill when he comes out.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Carados posted:

I'm hoping this something goes terribly wrong so that we get even more of a bonus weekend.

Top 10 is probably going to be a preemptive bonus weekend because Gaz has learned that patching is a route of failure for them.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

This seems like a reasonably solid build. I think she's got a lot of options right now, and haven't really dug into builds that aren't basically 100% summon-gear-focused, since that's my horrible obsession on the character.

You should give the Tippy Toe Bow a shot instead of the Squirrel-A-Gig, though(assuming you can get one). SAG has some attractive stats on it but Tippy Toe does monstrous amounts of damage and is buffed by Special Forces and other squirrel-affecting powers. I'd be curious if you end up thinking the pet's damage outweighs the loss of the SAG stats. I haven't had one of them at 60 in a while so I can't check it out myself.

For pure pet builds, Tippy Toe is the clear choice, but for more Doreen-Damage focused ones like that it might not work out the same way.

I think it'll be a week or two before people really hammer out the most optimal build for her.
Good point. I might bust Tippy Toe out of retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Newbie goons, use this code for a free retcon. It allows infinite respecs:

Redeem at marvelheroes.com:

InfiniteRetconWeek

• Locked thread