Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

OH NO MAN posted:

and Carmageddon 1 at higher settings will still chug in the cockpit view unless the mirror is turned off :wtc:). They're apparently working on getting that to work with the Steam version as well, but most of the team is obviously busy with Reincarnation.

Glide wrappers are software emulations, and the mirror is effectively another rendered view. It's a fairly well known phenomenon in shooters where you may or may not see your reflection in the mirror depending on whether the engine models mirrors correctly.

If you want to cripple the Arma games, turn mirrors on.

Worth noting that Carmageddon slightly predated the voodoo cards and you had to download a patch for the glide version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

OH NO MAN posted:

I hope this isn't an indication of Stainless running out of money to finish the game, but whatever it is it really doesn't look too good. :ohdear:

Weren't they always shooting for fall this year as the delivery date?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Flannelette posted:

How come after 18(?) years slow motion replays is still something they haven't been able to grasp? Unless I'm missing something (no jumping frame by frame is not slowmotion).

Actual 'slow motion' would tend to confuse the physics engine, so most people go with a replay. Same poo poo happens when you 'speed up' some games.

CitrusFrog posted:

Is it just me or are the tyres made of some form of perpetually suppurating KY jelly causing even the slightest weave to turn into a spin?

I keep fishtailing the eagle around, so I'd suggest that they need some work on handling.

• Locked thread