Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

the_steve posted:

A - We are the ones who tell the prey they are the prey, in case they forget that they are the ones who are the prey. Because we are the predators, which makes them the prey.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
A

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
A

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

the_steve posted:

A - We are the ones who tell the prey they are the prey, in case they forget that they are the ones who are the prey. Because we are the predators, which makes them the prey.

Voting this

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
C

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
A

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

A

:black101::black101::black101:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting closes in 30 minutes. Anyone want to do a simple count? Not that this one is all that tough.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
C
Go tell the cubs and females we are safe! Bark bark! Get some tummy rubs! Woof!

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
BARK ARF

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You....
A. BARK LOUDLY AND TELL THE PREY THEY ARE BUT PREY AND HOW DARE THEY THREATEN THE PACK AND THEY WILL BE LEFT TO ROT AND NOT EVEN EATEN! ARF BARK WOOF! BARK BARK! BARK BARK BARK! BARK BARK BARK!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Count:

a////////////////////////
b
c/////////
d

D. write in - watch a little longer. Don't be loud! Then go back to the den

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
C

We guard the cubs! We guard the females!

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
C. Guard the pack!

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
C

Also, Super Bark!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
D: Be a prankster! Tell Father-broth-whatever-Enkidel that oh no, everybody is dead, oh it went so bad, oh no, there goes Paebel, oh shoot, Ruth's dead, oh no, they're coming for me, heeeeeelp.....then go silent for like tenlots(?) minutes, then surprise him by saying it was all a big joke, hahaha, we're funny just like people!

It'll be great! The sense of utter hunger and insanity we get back is probably just how people feel when something's really funny!

Not a real D vote I voted A

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting is closed.

No need to mash F5, update won't be for a bit.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
A!

Going back to the den wouldn't help anything if the situation has changed there. Snarls can't effectively protect them from much by himself. Hopefully barking will help keep the Balls from succumbing to too much bloodlust and chasing the Norcs for hours. No question, we wipe out what we can here, but we don't need to be scouring the countryside once the actual fighting is over. We need to get the Balls back to the Den.

E: Phooey!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Neraren, we will count your vote!

And NOW it is closed!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Diogines posted:

No need to mash F5, update won't be for a bit.
You can't tell me what to do! :f5:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The Pack kills many of the Silver-Bugs and some fight and those that do die as if they are prey! And many others are fleeing! AND THEY ARE RIGHT TO FLEE AND THEY SHOULD FLEE FOR THE PACK IS STRONG! STRONGER THEN ALL!

WE ARE THE PREDATOR! YOU ARE THE PREY! WE ARE THE PREDATORS! YOU ARE THE PREY! FEAR US!

And the Silver-Bugs FEAR YOU AND FLEE!

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
SNULLLLLLS YES!

Man, we have such a smart, crazy and idiotic son. He really does us proud.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

OfChristandMen posted:

Man, we have such a smart, crazy and idiotic son. He really does us proud.

Definitely clapping him on the back. Any resentment over this misunderstanding with Tizqar is gone.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

This calls for celebratory testicle cleaning! We want to look our best whenever we go back to the Den to tell the others the good news.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Theglavwen posted:

Definitely clapping him on the back. Any resentment over this misunderstanding with Tizqar is gone.

Yep, all is forgiven. I'm also really happy that you guys were crazy enough to turn Ruth into a badass despite my misgivings at the time.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Yup, really liking Asahel and Ruth. David and Ahaz, well, nothing wrong there, they're probably pretty cool too, and anything about them that isn't we can just write off as coming from their biological parents.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cub deserves a new name.

Scares the silver bugs perhaps?

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Smooth-Talker
Talks-Great-Acts

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Howling-Hunter

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
So, given that this happened concurrent with our PIE drain, I'm guessing that we just discovered that

1. Snarls can share our PIE as necessary
2. Snarls can spend PIE to intimidate

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Volmarias posted:

So, given that this happened concurrent with our PIE drain, I'm guessing that we just discovered that

1. Snarls can share our PIE as necessary
2. Snarls can spend PIE to intimidate

I wouldn't say that.

I'm guessing that we did a long-distance Ball Trance. Well, a variant of it, seeing as how I think our Status Menu has been telling us that we CAN'T Ball Trance.

Either we used Snarls as a conduit to channel ??? energy to the Balls so that they wouldn't be slaughtered like a bunch of blood soaked naked people, or, they were somehow able to draw ??? from us due to our metaphysical nature.
Either way, I'm putting bets on Ishamal getting mad at us.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I feel like we should try and explain what happened anyway. It was not like we knew what was happening, I suppose we could have tried to stop the power from siphoning away, but we were not in a position to know what was happening at all. It is not hard to imagine that trying to stop was experimenting too!

At least we were not (consciously) trying to channel the energy somewhere in this manner.

edit: A catch 22, or a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Still no 'piss on a tree to-mark-the-territory' option. :colbert:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'm fine with Ish being mad at us. We are skirting the line of experimentation. And crossing it occasionally. But this is not us out hunting monsters for money. This is us defending civilization as we know it from basically the End Times.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Affi posted:

I'm fine with Ish being mad at us. We are skirting the line of experimentation. And crossing it occasionally. But this is not us out hunting monsters for money. This is us defending civilization as we know it from basically the End Times.

Oh, I never said I was worried about it.
Well, I'm worried about the influx of "Ish is mad at us! We need to apologize for everything ever and then climb the Mountain because we are too dumb to be trusted!" votes, but I'm not worried about Ish being mad.

I can understand not using Epic Cheat Codes to hunt monsters, that's fair enough, probably leads to some major ecological imbalance. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to use our superpowers to try to protect people, especially people I care about.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
I'm pretty sure it's okay to use powers in this instance. Why else would we have been buffed?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

the_steve posted:

Oh, I never said I was worried about it.
Well, I'm worried about the influx of "Ish is mad at us! We need to apologize for everything ever and then climb the Mountain because we are too dumb to be trusted!" votes, but I'm not worried about Ish being mad.

I can understand not using Epic Cheat Codes to hunt monsters, that's fair enough, probably leads to some major ecological imbalance. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to use our superpowers to try to protect people, especially people I care about.

I think we'll be okay. I was in the 80% that agreed to not use magic. Because we were using forbidden powerz to get out of dumb poo poo we got ourselves into, and then lying about it. And it worked, we decided to take a few years off dumb poo poo, work on our control and generally acting like an adult, and Ish has started being more forthright with us. So has Tudiya. Great success!

This situation is not us doing dumb poo poo. This is a danger to civilization itself that has been building for decades, probably longer than we've been alive. We're doing what we can to help, and trying really hard not to accidentally break the world.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Team :staredog: :spergin:

I have a different theory. What if declarative statements have literal power under certain conditions. We know this to be the case in the sense of power words. What if a declarative statement such as the Golem Asahel made can be empowered almost as if a power word. Words such as "EL", "LAMUT", "VAYAHI OR" don't describe something about reality. They are something. They are causal language. This would mean that the Melachim speak things into existence with a declarative language of reality, e.g. "LET THERE BE ..."

Then under the right conditions normal language can function this way to some extent reinforced by Deeds. My (baseless) theory is that we empowered the Golem Asahel's declarative statement. Then this was reinforced with actual Deeds.

It's going to be interesting to hear other accounts of the action. It may turn out that it seemed as if we were there to some, or some other manifestation. It may have seemed that way to the Norcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sogol posted:

Team :staredog: :spergin:

I have a different theory. What if declarative statements have literal power under certain conditions. We know this to be the case in the sense of power words. What if a declarative statement such as the Golem Asahel made can be empowered almost as if a power word. Words such as "EL", "LAMUT", "VAYAHI OR" don't describe something about reality. They are something. They are causal language. This would mean that the Melachim speak things into existence with a declarative language of reality, e.g. "LET THERE BE ..."

Then under the right conditions normal language can function this way to some extent reinforced by Deeds. My (baseless) theory is that we empowered the Golem Asahel's declarative statement. Then this was reinforced with actual Deeds.

It's going to be interesting to hear other accounts of the action. It may turn out that it seemed as if we were there to some, or some other manifestation. It may have seemed that way to the Norcs.

Pretty sure we actually empowered Snarls declarative statement.

Diogines posted:

The Pack kills many of the Silver-Bugs and some fight and those that do die as if they are prey! And many others are fleeing! AND THEY ARE RIGHT TO FLEE AND THEY SHOULD FLEE FOR THE PACK IS STRONG! STRONGER THEN ALL!

WE ARE THE PREDATOR! YOU ARE THE PREY! WE ARE THE PREDATORS! YOU ARE THE PREY! FEAR US!

And the Silver-Bugs FEAR YOU AND FLEE!

It may have sounded like BARK BARK BARK, but Snarls just cast Power Word: Fear.

• Locked thread