Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I hated every minute of playing this game but for whatever reason I still remember it fondly. I loved everything but the soul crushing linearity and repetitiveness. Especially Sazh, I love Sazh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

This could've been fine, if they'd started you off with four or five bars. And I'm not seeing why Sazh is a racist stereotype. I don't see black guys with giant afros that often but... it's just hair. What else am I missing?

Considering it's a Japanese game and Sazh is presented as a comedic relief to Lightning at the start it can be pretty groan-worthy until you keep playing and realise he's the best character in the entire series.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I really do like the design of the fal'cie. Just big ol' evil incomprehensible robot things that sit there and do bad things.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Man I really like this game. As long as I'm not actually playing it I really like it.

e: hahahaha "Trench coat, where are you going?". Yep I love this game.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 12, 2014

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
This thread got me in the FF13 mood so I finally gave in and bought Lightning Returns and man, I think 13-4 is just going to end up being Jazzpunk it's getting so incomprehensible.

e: Man Fedule, you complain a lot whenever the game follows a "Show don't tell" philosophy. What I'm saying is you're the Tim Buckley of LPing.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 29, 2014

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

SSNeoman posted:

He's not joking you know. Every FF since XIII's release had a reference to Lightning in some way. The FFXIV MMO has Lightning costumes, for instance.

She actually appeared in game for a while there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

anilEhilated posted:

Tries to be badass is what seems to sum up Lightning best here. She just comes out as an rear end in a top hat at best and a too-cool-for-you Mary Sue at worst.
That being said, according to the thread the writing will somehow get worse in the sequels so there's something to look forward to I guess?

They don't get worse exactly, just entirely more incomprehensible.

• Locked thread