Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Artix posted:

Right, so let's get one small thing out of the way. Given that yesterday was April Fools day, I can understand if anyone was a little wary over whether or not this is real. Well, last night I put the finishing touches on the first video of Chapter 3, so rest assured that this clearly well thought out project is not a total pipe dream.

I didn't have to be worried, because Artix forewarned me about this thread after some update talk for the other LP. That, and I'm pretty sure he Sandcastled it before this. :ssh:

Godspeed, you pair of complete lunatics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'm honestly not seeing any problem with Snow. Sure, he's channelling Zell more than a little bit, but I wouldn't consider that a bad thing.

Hope, on the other hand...

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

1stGear posted:

They could not make Vanille more obvious if they hung a gigantic neon sign on her.

"What, did you sleep through History?"
"More or less."

If that sort of thing is what you're referring to, I might be mildly intrigued. Mind you, time travel and/or characters in stasis is by no means the key to a good story... Look at WKC.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Well, the thread and commentary have me kinda intrigued to see just have badly Hope will gently caress things up with that knife. I can only assume it involves attacking Snow at a really inopportune time.

...Pffft, like he'd have the guts. :rolleyes:

However, I did learn one thing this episode. The game runs on Fighter logic.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Nice work with the subtitles. Fancy. :thumbsup:

Those Flandragora remind me of DQVIII enemies, only not cutesy. But that scalebeast... That was pretty ridiculous. I'm going to agree with Artix; you have to outright tell people if you're not supposed to fight something in this type of game. The usual RPG player won't even consider that possibility unless, say... You could see before engaging them that they were level 35 enemies standing among a bunch of level 6 fodder, or something of that nature.

Basically, I'm saying that I don't have any faith in the intelligence of your average human being.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Boring? By this game's standards?

Wow, this next chapter must really be dull. :psyduck: It gave you that little to talk about, huh?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I still don't understand why Fedule finds these characters so distasteful. Especially Snow. :shrug: Bearing in mind that we've already past the point where I know anything about this set of games, I haven't seen Snow do anything too bad.

I mean, staying behind to dig up Serah is easily chalked up to "he's in love". You do stupid things when you're in love, as no shortage of books and TV shows demonstrate. And despite Hope's whining, it's not like he held a gun to Nora's head and made her fight.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Oh good lord, that entire last conversation between Snow and Hope. Could you possibly put your foot in it any more? I mean, he doesn't know how massively insensitive that was, but loving hell.

That was hilarious. Why does everyone hate Snow again? :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
What the gently caress? Is this still the same game? :psyduck:

I'm actually kind of impressed with the events of this last video. Bartholomew definitely deserves one of those mugs.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Oh hey, Alexander! One of my favourite Eidolons, and not just because that happens to be my name. :v: I mean, he's a giant mechanical castle/golem! Pretty hard to mess that up.

Wait...

Dear God, what happened to Alexander?

I... uh...

Nidoking posted:

Alraune is actually another name for the mandrake plant, as I learned from a completely unrelated LP.

I remember the LP you're probably referring to. That was a good one. :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
That cutscene was pretty excellent, I've gotta say. Big nasty-looking hunt target comes out with all these tentacles and everything, and then...

Fedule posted:

Doink!

:allears: Tonberries are great.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Liam O'Brien is easily one of my favourite voice characters. I have to agree with Fedule, in that I could also listen to him all day. :allears: Having him voicing the villain bodes well.

Sadly, everything else seems determined to counteract that. Noel really does look like he escaped from Kingdom Hearts, or perhaps FFX. He even seems to have borrowed a pair of Aladdin's spare pants.

Also, I think that Moogle has a case of the mumps.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Blind Sally posted:

more people need to vote for the third option. you are hurting artix and fedule.

Pffft, hell no. They started this, they've got to finish it. Completely. :mmmhmm:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

LeafyOrb posted:

I promise I did not in fact make any of this up.

Sounds about right. Though I did also do some Googling to confirm your claims, just to be on the safe side.

Seriously, why isn't this game about Snow? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So, who actually was that guest the paradox produced?

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Someone actually make that please, thanks in advance.

Seconded!

• Locked thread