Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

May I say I actually like what they did with Anima here, as a FFX fan? The weird look, and having its "true" body below the ground hidden, just like the original...it's a pretty nice reference! Just...I have no idea why you'd go with Anima of all summons for the first boss. Use Ifrit or another low-level guy, not goddamn Anima, what the hell FFXIII?

Granted, what the hell might as well be the reaction to everything here, especially the length. I'm pretty sure they could've done all of this and more in far less time, but everyone has pointed this out already so whatever, just going to say I agree.

Also I kind of like how Snow and Lightning acted here. They just saw a loved one get crystalized, so they aren't going to act very rationally. Lightning is very clearly full of anger since the get-go, so she decides to just blow the drat God-like entity up, not thinking about this being, you know, a God-like entity. Snow, meanwhile, just loses his usual confidence and decides to beg for Serah's salvation, though it doesn't work at all, and once it doesn't work he joins Lightning's plan without question.

And I can't blame Hope for trying to run away, logical choice there. I'd want to run away too if I saw Anima, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

People can debate whether Hope is likable or not all day, I'll keep asking myself where the hell he got that boomerang from. Everyone else had some explanation for their weaponry (Lightning's has a scabbard, Sazh has both of his guns on his belt, Snow's weapon is his coat...somehow..., Vanille got hers from that Sanctum place), but Hope suddenly...pulls that thing out of his rear end.

It's weird, since there's clearly some consistency weapon-wise, but Hope's just comes straight out of nowhere, even moreso since he's the only character without any excuse to be armed. Lightning's an ex-soldier, Sazh was taken prisoner or something if I understand the train sequence right, Vanille found hers after the game began, and Snow's just rocking that coat (why does that coat power him up, seriously), but Hope had a deadly boomerang on him...hidden entirely from view...because...

If everyone just materialized their weapons from the aether (as Final Fantasy characters usually do), then I wouldn't mind at all, but Hope is the only one to do this. It's just so inconsistent and gets me annoyed far more than it should, especially since the art direction is basically the only thing here that's even remotely praise-worthy, apart from the really good music.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait, Libra of all things is limited by a gauge?

Every decision in this game confuses me more and more.

Also a game over for losing your party head is an incredibly awful mechanic and whoever thought that was a good idea is an idiot and should get fired immediatly if he hasn't been fired already. Considering you can only control one character, it should cycle your control to the next (Sazh/Vanille in this case), or at the very least auto-trigger a Phoenix Down or something.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be able to use Tri-Disaster entirely because that's a horrible mechanic and it'd keep me paranoid all the time, so I would always have someone as a Medic. It would make the game even more of a slog, so I'd probably leave it really fast. The more you show, the more glad I am that I never got the chance to play this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, Lightning talking about how the team might be enemies next time they meet just made me think of this game where she actually is your enemy and you can give her exactly what she deserves for being such an annoying rear end in a top hat. Alas, that will never happen because Square-Enix is madly in love with her.

I know that it was pointed out in the video that the minigame was kind of out of place for FFXIII but my reasons for it are different: that looked actually fun. Like, they had an actually good idea with actual good execution, a moment that was neither grimdark nor stupid cheerful Vanille-style, but a part that was genuinely fun in both atmosphere and gameplay. It will never happen again, and that saddens me.

Praising the one thing everyone has, holy poo poo this game is pretty. That Odin summon might be the most beautiful one I've seen in the entire series. Light slashing her crystal then having that massive, complex, beautiful summon circle appear and then Odin was just so nice! Reminded me of Persona for a moment. You know, a far better game than this piece of poo poo. But as piece of poo poo it is, I can say that whoever designed that sequence has my respect. I hope the other summon sequences are as pretty too, at least that way I can think that there's one (and only one) thing this game does well!

...That said, transforming into Sleipnir is really loving stupid and that transformation looked lame as hell. Also I don't like Odin's design much, nor the weird-rear end dual-edged Zantetsuken, but that might be just an old-time fan protesting change, and it's really minor either way in comparison to how badly this game fucks up everything else.

And talking about Zantetsuken, nice spinning there Lightning. Good to know that the strongest attack at the player's disposal is Top Spin. Also, Dissidia adapted these attacks really well, so props to a far, far better game. That still suffered from having Lightning in it.

Small detail, but I just noticed how Auto-battle changes to Auto-heal as a MED and Auto-chain as a RAV. It's pointless but neat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I have to wonder what went through Lightning's mind that made her think giving a knife to the kid that already had both a weapon and incredibly strong magic, was even remotely useful. Both things he has are already far more effective than a knife, not to mention they can be used at a distance, so they also provide safety to the kid that's made of glass (but can fall from high heights without taking even a scratch...)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was half-expecting Artix to not cut any of the Scalethings fights, entirely because of "if I had to suffer this, you will too". Thanks for not being that evil, Artix. That looked tedious as hell. Random fights should not be that long. I really don't like the XIII style of fodder fights.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HEY GUYS I THINK VANILLE MIGHT BE FROM PULSE. SILLY ISN'T IT.

This game has all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face...though sometimes it plays in its favour, Sazh's anger outburst at the bosses was hilarious. It just mostly plays completely against it.

And I agree with the Vanille hate, she could just stop lying to everyone. In fact, said everyone could stop being loving idiots and realize what she's lying about, she's a horrendous liar. Or she's meant to be really good but this game is really badly written, I don't know.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Two moments had me laughing out loud in this update. The first was Snow just Launching everyone as the final blow, because it made him look like a total badass while being absolutely ridiculous. The second was the entire last conversation, which would've probably been fine enough as is but the whole "oh, like your mother" commentary only made it even better, and I thank you guys for that.

To be honest though, it only made me actually like Snow a bit more. He's got good intentions, even if he's an idiot. Though then again, the moments I've liked him are those that put him in direct contrast with Lightning and Hope, who are awful, so he might just look good by comparison.

Also that entrance on the Shiva bike was loving awesome, and more proof that this game is incredibly stupid, but it sure is pretty.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They'll be fine, fall damage is negligible! :downs:

I keep liking Snow's "less whining more doing" attitude, it's an attitude more people in this game could have. Sure, he keeps loving up literally everything he does, but at least he's not a big bag of wangst who can't do poo poo because he's too busy whining about it.

Hope keeps being incredibly unlikable. The moment he said that l'Cie have no hope but a quick death, I was really, really wishing he followed his own advice. That said, the angst explosion made me laugh so hard. Wonderful job making a bad scene hilarious as always, guys.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 24, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I still keep seeing Hope as Tidus 2.0. Just as whiny without that pesky adulthood going on.

Not even close. Tidus, for all his faults, is optimistic most of the time, hardly lets anything take him down, and is constantly going forward, even if stupidly and without knowing anything that's actually going on. If anything, Tidus is far closer to Snow, even in the reckless idiocy part. The main difference is that Tidus doesn't go around screaming he is a hero and loving everything up...he just breaks every law he can find and then some because he has no idea what's actually going on/helping others (mostly Yuna) is more important than actually following the world's leading religion, even if it'll put everyone and their mother against him (another similarity to Snow, there).

The only thing Tidus and Hope have in common is that both have some daddy issues, and in Tidus' case they were hardly unjustified. We'll see how it goes with Hope, but I can imagine his father is more "cold" and less "constantly insults his son because he cares but is awful at actually showing it".

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, what the hell was that? An actually likable chapter? Weeeeeird.

Hope comes across as a lot more likable now that he's left his hatred of Snow and unbending loyalty to Operation Nora (whatever the gently caress that was) behind, his dad is probably the most reasonable person this game has had and I don't see how Hope could ever hate him (apparently he's "clumsy" in showing his love...despite the fact that he comes across as pretty clear in his feelings here), Lightning finally apologises to Snow and shows some proper development, Snow's heroic act is actually not that stupid for once (it is still stupid, but I admit I just really enjoyed how he actually tried to just go with the truth and it almost worked). Also the house was really pretty, but that's nothing new.

Some of the dialogue still came across as incredibly awkward, but I can believe this time it was done on purpouse. That said...Hope, the first thing you said to your dad is "mom's dead"? Seriously?

...I might have said a "gently caress yeah Lightning" when she saved Hope, something I never thought I would.

I don't even know how to feel now, guys. The cast doesn't look so hate-worthy! Please tell me Vanille will be super-annoying in the next episode, or Hope falls again into sheer angst, or Lightning keeps punching people for no reason.

At least we've got that completely weird way to avoid confrontation with a random PSICOM deciding to shoot his own dudes with no appropiate reasoning. The only explanation I can find is that he was actually part of Rygdea's team but that's not explained in-game or in the datalogs so it's probably not true. And if he believed in Snow's thing...then wow, killing your allies to defend your new-found ideals is something I'm not too sure if to approve of.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fedule posted:

I meant to have scrolling lyrics for the chocobo theme but I couldn't get them ready in time. I'm sorry, everyone. :(

You have failed us, Fedule. Your punishment is more Final Fantasy XIII. Not like you wouldn't go through it anyways, I just have no idea how to make that even worse than it is.

In other news, didn't we meet Carbuncle before? And it looked absolutely nothing like these malformed, winged critters? That said, the parade was goddamn beautiful, this game keeps excelling in graphics while failing in everything else. Seeing Ifrit, Ramuh and what I'm guessing was Valefor was neat too, though I'm still wondering what those dancing fire and water girls were, if anything (Shiva for water? But we already have Shiva...)

Also holy poo poo that whole thing looked boring as hell. That's not how you take a break, Final Fantasy XIII, you're meant to make the breaks fun as well. For this, you might as well just make a really long cutscene!

In better things, I feel this is the best time to link this. I would feel like a jerk to not link one of the best moments of my life when the Chocobo theme appears. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you, the Chocobo Medley, straight from the Distant Worlds concert I had the pleasure to see myself (though not filmed by myself, else the quality would be much worse):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcsYzZqg49g

I don't think it spoils anything, but if it does, please tell me and I'll remove it. I merely want to give you guys, especially our LPers who really deserve it at this point, some Chocobo joy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If this game ends with all the Eidolons combining into a giant robot (being accurate to the actual Eidolons and with as little grief as possible), I retract literally every bad comment I've made and recognise FFXIII as a work of art far surpassing the likes of VII, IX or X.

Also seriously, this whole thing could've been done really well. Sazh breaking down after seeing the abomination he calls son crystalize in front of his eyes, and knowing Vanille is the culprit, but deciding not to kill her because that wouldn't solve anything was actually really drat good and definitely better writing than I expect from this game.

And then it fucks up. Eidolon appearing then is fine, as is Vanille getting Sazh to not try suicide-by-Transformer...but then any kind of mood is ruined by Sazh just riding a really loving cool car. And then he apparently forgets EVERYTHING and decides to aim at Vanille despite saying killing her won't do anything, and then aims at HIMSELF, after getting convinced suicide was not a good idea. Because apparently everyone in this game just has really low attention spans for anything not related to suffering.

Jesus christ. Was that last part really loving needed?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm pretty sure Rygdea wasn't kidding with the "I'll land this ship on you" comment. He wasn't trying to hide who he was, he was pulling a Snow.

Battle-wise...you should be glad Tornado Kick is not kicking you out of battle. God knows I hated that in Final Fantasy X. Also, there's nothing Dragoon-like about the PSICOM Dragoon. What the hell, Final Fantasy XIII? Give me enemy Kains or don't bother with that name!

Thank you for being considerate for us American viewers, Fedule. I knew what Lylat Wars was but it still sounds weird when I'm completely accustomed to Star Wars 64 (awesome game, by the way). Also you're probably thinking of Dragon Quest, not Final Fantasy. Dragon Quest VIII was the first released in Europe, skipping all the previous ones.

In the first battle of the second video, did you bypass the Paradigm Shift scene by having Fang in the air? It played only on the second Shift.

Finally, Sazh missing buttons is funny. For a game with such gigantic attention to quality on graphics alone, it's hilarious when it fails at even that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I would've voted Snow/Fang/Sazh entirely because they're the three characters I don't hate and therefore unambiguosly the best party, as you almost don't want any of the three dead, making you play your best so that they actually don't die.

As this wasn't a choice, I voted Snow and Fang, and, gritting my teeth in the Medic part, I went with Lightning. I'd have all three out of the game if I could, but at least Lightning has weird moments of actual awesome. Hope has character development but there's still how bad he was before in my mind, and Vanille only got worse since the game started.

...Thinking about it, I really should've voted Hope over Lightning. Oh well, if we end up having Fang/Hope/Sazh it's a party I really can't complain much about, provided Hope doesn't suddenly lose all development and Sazh remembers to stop being lame.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So wait, the pope, who has not shown any evidence of being anything other than a big jerk, is actually a monster, gladly kills everyone under him, and then plotdumps like a master after a boss battle that has an absolutely critical gimmick that is not explained nor hinted at at all, much like the plot twist, if I can even call it that, mentioned earlier?

I'd even call this gameplay and story integration, in that nothing is done even remotely competently. But I won't. Because that'd be admitting, even if sarcastically, that this game did something well.

Also the whole transforming Eidolon thing made me think if they couldn't just use that to leave the ship, until I remembered that their current transports are a horse, a car and a bike, none of which is particularly effective in the air (Shiva's odd ice powers ignored). Sometimes things make sense completely by mistake, since I doubt they planned that far ahead.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So is this the moment where we can't even defend the game's art direction anymore?

That said, even though the level itself was bland, Raines' crystal form was neat and I agree that it's unfair that the player-controlled l'Cie don't get cool poo poo like that. Admittedly, Raines didn't have the power to summon a mechanical monster that turns into a vehicle, so I guess it is somewhat fair.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Every cutscene in that video was far longer than it had any reason to be. If it had any reason to exist at all.

There's something to be said for how bad the writing is when they absolutely have to have Fang break character to get her her Eidolon. That was very stupid. I'll disagree with Simon on Bahamut's design though (and on Artix on how to pronounce the name): the "normal" form is the worst Bahamut design I've seen in any Final Fantasy, holy poo poo that's really ugly and badly designed and I have no idea what they were thinking. The Gestalt version is a lot cooler, if only because it at least has wings that look strong enough for flight. The idea of a dragon turning into another dragon to be ridden is kind of silly though...

The whole thing with Hope was cringe-worthy. Lad, you've had your development, we know it, please stop talking. And the next scene...it was visually gorgeous, and seeing gameplay and story integration with Fang summoning Bahamut was neat, but...you start the cutscene making light of the monster, then said monster destroys the hell out of the airship. You'd think Fang and Vanille would know better. Fang, at least!

Also destroying the airship without giving the player any chance to use it is super-lame.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm 100% sure my computer could easily run Final Fantasy XIII.

I'm not 100% sure if my patience can tolerate it. In fact, I'm leaning towards "no". I think I'll keep using the LPer's suffering to teach me about the game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aerdan posted:

You people are wrong. FF7 had Quake 1-3. And there are a few games where Aero and Aeroga are both present. I don't think there was ever an Aerora, though.

FFV (as Aera, Blue Magic), Before Crisis, IX (enemy-only, Aera), XI, XII (enemy-only), this very game (in the Ravager tree), Dissidia 012 (as one of Lightning's attacks), Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default and 4 Heroes of Light all have Aerora.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can agree with Fedule's enjoyment of big numbers. Then again, if you're a RPG player, you have to love big numbers to some extent. I'm fully sure Square-Enix knows this, too.

Also of course Hope has no idea what a limit is. There's no Limits to Break in this game! please don't kill me I know that was awful

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't hate you enough to do something as tedious-looking as 1, and I kinda want to see the important ones so I won't vote 3. 2 it is.

There's something to be said for this game when in its apparent best moment it still looks tedious as hell though. Incredibly pretty, but tedious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A pair of gatling guns with legs is way too badass for Vanille.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I couldn't help but notice that Sazh actually takes fall damage because of Brynhildr's final move. That's some weird attention to detail.

Also I see Bahamut's Mega Flare is based on the Kingdom Hearts version (small fireball that creates a gigantic explosion), instead of the usual Final Fantasy version (gigantic laser beam). It looks really cool, in any case.

I do like how some of the Gestalt attacks are similar to older moves the Summons have had though, like Bahamut's Pulsar Burst being similar to the older FF Mega Flare, or Alexander's Purification and Brutal Sanction being similar to older versions of Judgement.

Some questions about how Eidolons work: What's with the level on the final attack? They appeared as Level 2 or Level 3, perhaps some other number I didn't notice. And what's that clock on the left of the commands? Part of it turned red after every command but you seemed to be able to imput commands just fine even when it was ticking down.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Call him whatever you want, Snow showing off to the crowd only to realize his brand is showing and his completely calm reaction to it were hilarious to me.

That cutscene was very much the greatest form of this title's thread. I have no idea what was going on but it was really, really pretty. The boss battle (can I even call it that) in the middle of the massive cutscene felt like an afterthought though.

On Fedule's comment that Army of One didn't feel like any ability he had heard of before in any other FF game, I feel the need to point out that this only sorta applies to Sazh: His "Cold Blood" attack was actually called "Desperado" in Japan, the same as FFVIII's Laguna's Limit Break. Talking about VIII references, I see you picked up the Lionheart. I'm guessing that isn't Lightning's final Gunblade though, unlike Squall's own.

"If only we could fly". You can. Just have Fang summon Bahamut. You were using this only a cutscene ago, for God's sake! Gameplay and story segregation, in the weirdest of ways because this game proved only a few minutes ago that it did remember the characters could do that!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AradoBalanga posted:

Didn't Snow's posse fall from a great height due to a giant explosion back in the beginning?

How in the gently caress are they still alive?

Fall damage is really low, this has been shown once and over again. Gameplay and story integration!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I understood the grenade as being...well, a grenade. He had no way to throw it, with how wounded he was, he had no strength in his body, and before he could do anything he had both Behemoths right on his face anyways. Admittedly, the self-destruct switch makes sense too.

Must've been one hell of a grenade/self-destruct bomb if it one-shot both though. You could do with that kind of move! Imagine the numbers that appeared once Rosch used that!

Also the fal'Cie turned those men into Ci'eth by making them l'Cie but without any Focus, so they'd turn immediatly. That's...actually pretty clever! It makes sense in context and is just evil yet pragmatic enough to accept. Sure would be nice if the game told you this, instead of having to check the Datalog, but still, that's actually good!

Rosch telling his men to save people and then deciding that it isn't an order is much less so. Makes him sound like he didn't give the slightest of a gently caress about the actual people of Coccoon, and just said that because...I dunno, I have no idea, stupid writing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm surprised how close the actual Orphan's Cradle (the first part, at least) is to the Dissidia 012 version. FFXIII things just seem to have been made to be sent there, and considering I like fighting in Orphan's Cradle, I'm glad it is this way. Even if its appearance in game makes no sense whatsoever and is horribly forced. And looks like a pain in the rear end to play in the actual game, unlike Dissidia 012.

On the complaints about super strong and boring enemies, I have to wonder why you're using Hope of all people as your leader, the guy with the lowest HP in the game.

On the Bandersnatch/Jabberwocky, I was going to point out how you seem to complain about things that would be fixed if you weren't using a Magic-centric party...then the healing came in, and I realized, no, this really is a bad fight. Which doesn't change the fact that a better party would've likely made it easier, but this was already pointed out before in the thread while I watched the video.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So wait, Artix, considering your and Fedule's different opinions on Lightning Returns, can we expect you both to take each other's roles once we get there? As in, you constantly complain while Fedule does his best to focus on the good of the game unless there's simply none there?

And everyone complains about the plot because it is completely impossible to save in this goddamn game?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Don't suffer for this game more than you absolutely have to, it is most definitely not worth it.

Besides, it is more important to watch how this game fails at story every goddamn time than watching the mediocre and monotonous gameplay. And considering that apparently only gets worse (and therefore, better) in XIII-2, I say without a doubt that you should leave this game behind, as you've shown what truly matters, and continue on to the next beautiful trainwreck. For your own sake, too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I have no idea what happened there. I mean, I know what I can see: Lightning (in ~cool new clothes with angelic motifs~) faced Dark McEdge, who can apparently just cast Meteor or something, and summon monsters. Also it was really pretty.

I have no idea what the context of this is, though. Apparently someone died and Shadow the Hedgehog got mad? But that doesn't explain AngeLightning there, or...anything, anything at all.

I'm guessing that whatever the actual reason is is far more stupid than anything I could possibly type so I won't even bother with theories, I'll let the game surprise me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fister Roboto posted:

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they actually had been working on the design document for Chrono _______, got halfway through and said "aww gently caress it, nobody likes Chrono Trigger, let's just make it a sequel to the best game in the series".

I doubt it. Besides, it seems that FF sequels just attract the Chrono Trigger comparisons. Just look at Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, and how the battle system blatantly takes cues from CT.

Also TAY is a sequel that deserves the hatred it gets. I don't know if this is or not, but being a sequel to something that absolutely deserves the hate (unlike TAY, as FFIV is a good game), I doubt it will anger me as much.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can you explain Mog Clock in more detail? It kinda happened randomly in the video and you didn't give much of an explanation on it, and it's confusing me. Like, the second time it gave you far more than 20% stagger on the enemy (in fact, it was a full gauge, only it didn't trigger Stagger until you hit the enemy again)

The clothes conversation with Yuj got a smile out of me. It actually sounded like something people would say, god knows I've had conversations like that one with friends. I thought that'd be a joke choice, but it's actually well-written dialogue!

Also I was going to ask about how Serah and Noel were able to use magic if Serah wasn't a l'Cie anymore and Noel had given no indications of being one either, but I see the Datalogs actually address that. Poorly, perhaps, but I'm glad there's at least an explanation.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fister Roboto posted:

I just stopped watching in the middle of the video because holy poo poo the constant griping and nitpicking really isn't funny at all! I mean could you at least make some jokes beyond "Something happened and they haven't explained it right away. This is dumb. People don't talk like that. Kaaaaaaaay?"

I must agree with this. I don't mind the complaining when it's worth complaining (and I've joined the complaints in my posts multiple times), but it gets ridiculous when videos are 100% constant, continuous complaints (alliteration!). Even moreso since there's mechanics that should properly be introduced, and instead you guys decide to just say "no it's dumb as everything is dumb".

I don't mind you guys being negative, but can you just...not be so negative? I hated XIII and I'm sure I'll hate this as well, but let me hate it. I can't hate something if I'm being constantly told to hate it, it makes me want to like it just to not do as I'm told!

morallyobjected posted:

There is no game that wouldn't be improved by the addition of more Snow.

Fixed. Heroes make everything better.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Random Live Trigger thoughts...

-Not picking "the cat is my only family". LP ruined.

-Clearly it's not that Noel has amnesia, he just hated school, including history class. The thing about his memories slipping away is just him bullshitting an excuse, in reality he was just a lovely student. He only proved that even more by not letting Serah threaten that kid with extra homework with that idiotic "not making friends" excuse. She's the teacher, she's not trying to be friends with lovely students, like you.

Outside of that, is it just me or that cat looked really weird?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm sure I had something important to post. Listening to Limit Break! made me forget it entirely though. Oh my god that song, that was wonderfully horrible. If this is the rest of XIII-2's soundtrack, excluding the actual good songs, I will not complain. This is hilarious 13/13 music.

...I guess I was going to say I liked Noel's armour? I honestly forgot.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

To get this off the way,

Wikipedia posted:

A polity is a state or one of its subordinate civil authorities, such as a province, prefecture, county, municipality, city, or district. It is generally understood to mean a geographic area with a corresponding government.

No idea why they used that weird of a word, but I guess it makes Hope look more intelligent. And it'll take a lot of effort to make Hope look intelligent.

At the end of the video, apart from Oerba, you seemed to unlock a "Time Reversal". Is that just "new events unlock on a previous time period", but with a silly name?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Judge Tesla posted:

Caius is immortal so he could probably keep on fighting forever while the other villains would get worn down but this is steering into Fan Fic territory.

You know how that worked for Garlic Jr.? Because Exdeath could give Caius the same experience.

Also it's better to ignore the people behind Final Fantasy XIII entirely. Toriyama (I think) did say something that was absolutely false, after all (Lightning being the first female Final Fantasy protagonist, blatantly ignoring Terra and Yuna). The people behind this trainwreck of a trilogy love it just as much as Fedule hates it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait, Snow's a l'Cie again? I thought we were done with that plot point forever. I mean, normal humans can use magic and do cool stuff now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can you add the doll to the Red Chocobo? Because that was super cute on the normal Chocobo.

Chocobos are cute. Partner Chocobos are cute. Blitz being just a shout is the best thing.

• Locked thread