Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Shine posted:

Naming all the X5 bosses after Guns 'N Roses dudes was such a masterful troll that I can't even hate on it.

I'm still annoyed that Burn Dinorex didn't survive the translation. Also, how Spiral Pegasus would become "The Skiver" is beyond me.

And as terrible as X6 is, it did give us Metal Shark Player. Yes, there is a reploid shark pimp in the X universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

You have to hear it to get the full effect. It's amazingly abysmal.

I want my braincells back.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Does TNA have enough people on the roster to do a Village People-themed stable? If so, this.

They could have done that with the Revolution. They had a cowboy and an Indian (albeit not the same type of Indian), and they could have split up the remaining roles between the remaining members.

And I say that last bit because I can't remember all the roles portrayed in the Village People or the members of the Revolution. I think there was a biker, a cop, and a construction worker.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Which leads to
http://teamcunt.blogspot.ca/

I mean, we're at secondary sources now. It's pretty much gotta be true.

I want New Jack's opinion on this.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

dsriggs posted:

New Jack brought up Molly in a shoot interview once. He really likes her because one time, when they were both working independents, she offered him some of the sunflower seeds she was eating, without him even asking! I'm serious.
Indeed. Which is why I'd like to see his reaction to this. I definitely could see him hunting the guy down.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

But enough about Kevin Thorn

And Hade Vansen.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

On what planet are these people living? There's being delusional, and then there's being downright insane.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of Mecca, has anyone there had a meltdown over AJ's appearance on the Edge and Christian Show? I can see the Mecca folks getting pissy about them laughing at TNA.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I always remember WCW Worldwide covering a match between Sid and Hall, where Nash used this springy tubing to hit Sid in the eyes with that Larry Zybysko referred to as a "giant spring". It didn't look too giant in Nash's hands though, therefore Kevin Nash is the biggest man ever.

The week after was when Sid face turned and teamed up with Goldberg to face the Outsiders. I remember that match for two reasons. One was because Scott Hudson and Zybysko were commentating that Goldberg had a mystery partner that they didn't know about (and they didn't show the earlier moment from Nitro when it was revealed that Sid and Goldberg were teaming together), so when they showed Sid coming out after Goldberg, Hudson were yelling "Oh no! Sid's sneaking up on Goldberg! Goldberg! Sid's behind you!". Then when the two of them fistbump, the commentators are all shocked, and Zybysko gave us a line that I will never forget: "I've seen an elephant fly!"

Thinking about it, Sid would have been the worst person to sneak up on someone, because he had his entrance music playing at the time. That said, it was Sid, so it is believable that he would sneak up on someone with his music playing.

The second thing I remember was that the match ended when Sid was pinning Hall, Nash came in with an elbow drop (not off the top turnbuckle or anything, just a regular elbow) to Sid's back while the ref was dealing with Goldberg. Hall covered and won. One of the weakest endings I've ever seen to a match.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Is Grado booked for Slammiversary yet? If he is will Chris Regal go through with his promise and quit Mecca?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

That last comment :eyepop:

Well, when all the immigrant wrestlers who are peddling drugs and claiming benefits have lowered our house prices and admitted to killing Diana, I guess we'll be the ones looking foolish.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Push Das Wunderkind

This is a good opinion and has no place in this thread.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

beggar posted:

Maybe Dolph shouldnt be such a flaky rear end fuckboi that stands up vloggers (Challenge you to make it through this whole thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfK6s4eC5GE

Supplemental video: when Ziggler fans strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprrQxbCuk8

Who the gently caress is this?

Also, who the gently caress is this?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Please use the correct Private Eye autocorrect endorsed spelling of Piers "Morgan" Moron's name.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Cavauro posted:

This is the one tweet we didn't want to happen

Genericide posted:

I appreciated this reference

If it's the one related to single person space prisons that I'm thinking of, then yes, it's a very much appreciated one.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

sometimes i scroll that dude's feed and it makes my head hurt
I just tried this and now greatly regret my curiosity.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I also don't know who Erik Frenz is or why he's verified, but yes, he definitely appears to be a moron.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

I object to quarantining the discussion on moral grounds, because Rovert is a stupid wrestling fan and is very much suited to this thread, but I think a thread specifically for dunking on his stupid racist rear end would piss him off more, so I'm all for it.

I'm not sure about that. I reckon he'd be more likely to be all smug and thinking "Look at them, I'm so in their heads they made a thread solely about me. They're all fools that I'm playing like a fiddle.", whereas we're actually thinking "The fucker's a nutbag."

Either keep it here or put him in with Jim Cornette (but don't rename it the Jim Cornette and Rovert thread). I think that would annoy him more.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

That's kinda sweet. Did President Wesker happen in the movies or videogames it all blurs together?

Movies only. He dies in the first game but then it was retconned into him letting the Tyrant kill him so he could use his new miracle virus that makes him stronger, faster, and able to teleport. He then appears several games later being stronger, faster, and able to teleport, then is a "manipulating behind the scenes" character until 5 where he eventually is the main villain with a a meme creating virus and still being faster, stronger, and able to teleport until he can't because he overdoses on his miracle virus and then his meme virus messes him up.

Anyway, the movies were rear end.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
This thread reminds me how social media is just a horrible plaque affecting humanity.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I wasn't completely sold on him at first either, but after the best part of a decade with him putting on consistently amazing matches throughout (including a lot of and _the_ highest rated match of all time), not to mention his age and him probably having many more years to go and it's not hard to see why people call him that.

He's not my favourite wrestler to watch, because right now I find myself enjoying Ishii and Shingo more, but that doesn't mean he's not the best wrestler.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Vince: What do you think of Triple H?
Seth: Oh he's great, he was a real help to me whe-
Vince: He's a toxic person and no member of the WWE Universe is to have anything to do with him!
Seth:...Right, yeah, now that you mention it he did seem pretty toxic, yeah!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Cedric Alexander is quietly concerned, but shortly after Mustafa Ali's head explodes during chaotic scenes at an Andrew Yang court hearing on WWE independent contractor status.

As Mox turns from the TV and rests his hands on a nearby table looking up angrily.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

gently caress I wish I'd used that line before he finally blocked me, 20 quote tweets after deciding I was a troll.

You could always do the HIT THE BRICKS GOOFY route and set up a burner account just to say it. I did check to see if @OffCooling was available but it's not, however @WillCoolingOff is!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL FALLING FOR THIS?

When was it first put out there? March or something?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Cavauro posted:

raymond rules

I heard this in Ryback's voice and now I have disturbing thoughts of Ray Romano all jacked up.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Is that actually the real Mad Man Pondo? In his replies, he has the following:
https://twitter.com/mad_pondo/status/1337815907968700419

But he doesn't look like the real Mad Man Pondo.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
In something like 2009, there was a gaming event called World Cyber Games where the fighting game chosen was Virtua Fighter 5. It was won by well known player called Fuudo (who is now more well known for Street Fighter). A few months later, there was someone on some random forum claiming that he was Fuudo, and that he was wanting to move into playing Call of Duty. This took in a lot of gullible fools until one of the US players who spends a lot of time in Japan and is friends with a lot of the players including Fuudo responded with "Interesting. I was with you last weekend. Where did we go and what did we do?". To the surprise of no-one, there was no answer to his question.

This feels similar. Some random guy picking some fairly well known name in certain circles and trying to claim that they are that person for whatever points they can score.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Yes, Impact did great things to build a partnership with NJPW back in the mid to late 2000s. Let's take three random names and how the then TNA treated them:

Shinsuke Nakamura: Then IWGP champion, relegated to appearing on Xplosion.
Tetsuya Naito: Jobbed out to Kevin Nash.
Kazuchika Okada: Turned into a parody of the Green Hornet's sidekick Kato to Samoa Joe.

In fact, I remember after Okada had returned to NJPW and was starting his rise, MVP did a video with a bunch of the Japanese roster in English for the fans overseas where he asked Okada' if Okada had any words for TNA. Okada's response was simply "Hell no!"

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how many people that say that Britt and Rosa were forced into it are major WWE fans and look at that company in a completely different way.

I mean I'm sure neither Vince or any of his guys would never force any of the employees independent contractors in positions where they could get hurt seriously or even die, right?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

It gets better if you look at the reply to Bix's reply to that tweet.

https://twitter.com/niceguy101111/status/1373865264400449538
I just don't understand how the thought processes of these people work.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do it like 90s Rumble Vince.

There's four people on the poster so they could be a Survivor Series team.

Also, I'm irrationally annoyed at the apostrophe in "Tattoo's by Nate".

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone who uses "heel" in their name or bio or as a hashtag to describe themselves is a tit.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

A CHUD got mad at me for ignoring all of the good Vince McMahon has done in his life and when questioned on what it was he gave a very funny list.

https://twitter.com/FinFlamDotCom/status/1384226557900693506

You mock this guy, but he'll have the last laugh when he brings up Vince taking the Bludgeon Bros' hammers on his private plane.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Blueprint implies that they have a complete plan to build something from start to finish. However, with WWE it feels more like those build model X magazines where you get a part with every issue but every week Vince buys an issue of a completely different magazine because he doesn't like the previous one.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I'm struggling to work out even how he could be the most influential person and all I can think of is that he married Stephanie who as we all know created women.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/HeelByNatureYT/status/1396220019718213632

I really hope that's a joke article.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

I know Twitter leads to people making bad choices but I've never seen anyone willingly out themself as a pedo before :stonk:

I recommend avoiding the competitive Smash Bros community then. Or any Smash Bros community in general.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Also, didn't Page donate to a suicide charity because he felt bad about the nickname and the connotations behind it?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Guy sees what he wants to see, then reports it as fact. There's a reason he's no longer welcome.

Several reasons. Making random claims and not backing down when proven wrong, constantly doing the "I know something but I can't talk about it", and generally being an argumentative tit.

I'm sure he'll also see all these messages and think we're still obsessed with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think you'll ever do another one of these as successful as this one?