Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I made cheese, then I made curry:

Mutter paneer; no rear end destruction (unless you are lactose-intolerant), just cheesy peasy tastiness .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

bru posted:

Looks badass. Post the recipe if you wouldn't mind.

Not at all :)

The cheese is very easy to make, I just use Manjula's recipe from here:

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2008/05/24/how-to-make-paneer/

and left it under the weight for 3 hours to get it as firm as possible.

To make it into mutter paneer, I started with a 2 person serving of a curry base sauce something like this:

http://www.greatcurryrecipes.net/2011/06/24/how-to-make-restaurant-style-curry-sauce-for-use-in-many-different-curry-recipes/

I can't find the recipe I originally used to make a big batch for the freezer a few months ago, but I'm pretty sure it was broadly the same as the one linked above. Anyway, you take your curry base, then add about 1.5 tablespoons of tomato puree, a heaped tablespoon of whatever curry masala spice mix you like, about a tablespoon of cream and 6-8 cashews mashed to a fine paste.
Heat this gently until it thickens a little and the cashew mix is cooked. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Then add about a cup of peas (I used petit pois for extra sweetness and tenderness) and finally the paneer. Most recipes call for pre- frying it to stop it crumbling in the sauce but I didn't feel like dealing with the mess so I just cubed it carefully and sort of nestled each piece into the sauce to warm through, and they didn't crumble at all.

Edit: VVV That was careless of me, fixed now - thanks :) VVV

Pookah fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 8, 2014

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

franco posted:

Hey there, paneer buddy :hfive:

We're here!

We eat PANEER!

GET USED TO IT!

:colbert:

• Locked thread