Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I hope the customization options are streamline-able and easy to import/export. I personally would like the stuff in pro scene but probably not because of how difficult it might be.

Otherwise, Wireframe Little Mac is the best thing ever! I really hope they go and do something like that for every character, even if it's DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

When Saki appeared as an assist trophy, that's when my heart sank a bit. I know there's gotta be more characters to come (Though not many left) but I was really hoping for Sin and Punishment to be apart of the roster.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Somehow I feel like the custom move sets would be balanced. Like I can't imagine you could give every move super armor sort of thing.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

What about Simon Belmont with Snake's moveset?

That doesn't even make sense.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Little Mac is one reason it seems weird that FD is the only For Glory stage, since it seems like he'd be disproportionately strong there.
I'd like battlefield too in for glory.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

I cannot believe that tongue-scarf :3:

Took me way too long to realize this.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

Yeah, yeah, high heels are totally impractical.

Counter-point: You know who else went into battle wearing high heels?

Yeah... Nobody in any game has worn heels or the equivalent of in games.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

I dunno, Samus's heels look pretty rad to me. Their jet-functions are cool too.

It's what I'd imagine jet boots would be like.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's too bad the jet boots aren't an item for everybody to wear.

If we were going off of Beyond Good and Evil rules Wario would be a pro at using them.

You know, much like ubisoft I keep forgetting that game exists. Which is a shame cause it's really good.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

If SE ever put a fighting into brawl I would love for it to be someone from the Mana series if anything. I might hold onto a hope that SE will actually put love and effort into that series again.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

How big is the Earthbound Franchise in Japan?

I know over here it has a pretty big cult following and is beloved enough that people fan-translated Mother 3, but I'm always curious as to the series' popularity on its native soil.
It's pretty drat huge in Japan. Almost Monster Hunter levels.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Pokemon is pretty much the one franchise that I'm okay has multiple representatives. Mostly cause they all feel unique.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Besides, being away from the shackles of a turn-based RPG with four move limits would let most of them really show off. Smash Bros: Pokemon Edition would be the game that everyone who ever purchased a game in that series wanted from the day they first saw the little monsters.

It'd be like the anime, but actually good.

Actually the fights are the one reason I really watched the anime as a kid. Being able to dodge and have to aim abilities would be actually fun.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I haven't completed KI:U so I haven't seen her actually fight (If she does) but to parrot someone else the only thing I can see is the glamblaster being a final smash. What would she be? Another archer-type character?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

GenericMartini posted:

Wasn't ROB thought to be deconfirmed from Brawl because of the enemy ROBs in Subspace Emissary? I remember that was a big thing once those screenshots of the ROB enemies were shown.

A bit yeah, it's more that since he was an enemy people didn't think that they'd make a "generic" enemy as a playable character.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I feel bad that I can't remember a single namco franchise that isn't either the souls games, tekken, or soul calibur.

I mean it'd be awesome to get Sun Bro as a playable character, but that'll never happen and be pretty stupid.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Rita Repulsa posted:

Wait, Dark Souls is namco? Why the gently caress didn't anyone say something about that, in any other video game thread dark souls would be like the first thing brought up! A dark souls stage or assist trophy or even a character would be great!

Apologies, I forgot they only published outside of Japan. From Soft self published Dark Souls and thus own it.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I was always under the impression that unique characters that showed up in Super Mario RPG were owned fairly jointly between both Square and Nintendo.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

forbidden lesbian posted:

People on this website liked Xenowhatever. No clue how it sold irl, tho.

Good enough for a sequel in that Project X video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnpR6S4iKXY it's thought that it's a sequel.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Not really Smash bros 4 related but Smooth McGroove did the melee menu song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJEc29CZNiQ

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

The way that would make the most sense is that the reader and figures would be at most used for silly add on things.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

jivjov posted:

I would trade Snake for Simon Belmont in a heartbeat.

Oh hell yeah. Though the whip could give him too much range on auto attacks? Either way Casltevania is a superior product so anybody they get in the game is okay in my books.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I'm surprised Simon Belmont hasn't been added. I feel like he'd have a pretty unique moveset, you could even have him somewhat control like the old games, and even though Castlevania has been on other systems he very much feels like a Nintendo character/property.

Well the best Castlevania games come out on Nintendo consoles (For the most part) so yeah I can see that.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

-Fish- posted:

Use the Trainer's gimmick so we can have JONATHANCHARLOTTEJONATHANCHARLOTTEJONATHANCHARLOTTE JONATHANCHARLOTTE-

No, if anything I'd want Shanoa in the game than those two.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Hahahah jesus christ

"I can't believe I'm doing this for you Nintendo, I hate you so much"

Like drat. The trailer is all INTENSE and showing all the players and hosts and then he shows up and it's like a balloon deflating

Pretty pumped about the gamecube controller thing!

I was thinking it was more, "Man Nintendo is holding off my IV drip of Dew and Doritos."

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

The GC Controller has been the best made controller in like a long time. It sits comfortably in the hands.

Waffleman_ posted:

Again, if you didn't buy a Wavebird, that's not anyone's problem but your own.

To be fair who really knew it was the BEST wireless controller ever made? It was still at a time where people were wary about wireless.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Jesus at this point I'd rather we just go back to talking about how Samus's boobs are too big.

Is there really a "Too big" for breasts? :commissar:

Zain fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 30, 2014

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Sooooo the adapter thing is pretty cool. Does that mean we're getting a rerelease of Gamecube controllers too?

Oh god one could only hope! That controller was the only reason Starfox Adventures is even remotely enjoyable to play.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I'm still fruitlessly holding out for a Custom Robo character to be playable. :pray:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

Samus turns Project M into a bullet hell? That's fantastic. :allears:

Not sure how much I care for that, but as long as it is counter-able.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

Samus did the same thing in Melee; short hopping and firing tons of missiles was crucial in her zoning game.

I might be misremembering that stuff then.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

There is so many "I wanna main this character!" in smash now I feel like it would be better to say I'll just main the whole game now. Palutena seems like a more defensive character from what they showed. A reactionary character one might say.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Raserys posted:

Assist trophy confirmed!

I should probably just finish KI:U but who is that?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I was expecting her showing of her glamblaster.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Glad the Miis aren't just 1 generic thing. Though people might still call them generic, but at least there is variety. I'm still waiting on Pokken, but that's probably after Smash's release.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Pac-man is the worst announcement thus far. It's kinda cool all the namco games that he uses though for his attacks. It makes it slightly better but I wouldn't say by much.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

The tourney was really exciting. Items or no it was all equally interesting and tense to watch.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

bef posted:

lol

why does this thread discuss the sexualization of samus every other page

Cause nobody cares about Custom Robo. Rest in Peace sweet prince. :911: Nintendo will never bring you back.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Morrigan is lame. Baby Bonnie Hood or bust.

The only character that should show up from Dark Stalkers is Jon Taliban Talbain.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

He was an alternate costume for Amaterasu in Marvel 3 and that's as good as you're ever going to get as long as Capcom owns Darkstalkers. Just let it go man.

I'm sorry I remember more and better characters than just Tits and rear end Mcgee. Though I do say good on them for putting Lei Lei in MvC3 even though she sucked cause they didn't change how her kit worked from Dark Stalkers.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

So the music completely drowned out the emotional dude. Wish I knew what that was about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

Sounds like this is his commentary partner's last tournament because he has cancer. Pretty legit thing to be holding back tears for.

Well I'm not making fun of him for crying. I legit had no idea what was being said.

• Locked thread