Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Shocking swerve!

Guessing Robin or nobody for Awakening rep, no way they'd put three blue-haired sword dudes in.

e: That's a pretty rad Ike, I am content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You did.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Wild Knight posted:

I had to step out to deal with dinner, who are these people?

some journalists.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Robin William's daughter.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Excels posted:

Realistically, people don't even need Smash sequels at this point.

I do because I want new and exciting animes to beat people up as.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

This is unrelated, but I hate that Conan isn't in California anymore so he can't go to anime dubbing studios and voice over anime.

Wait this is a thing conan did?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That look when he asked if they watched anime.

This is great, thanks.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Geostomp posted:

So has there been any reveal of a Fire Emblem Awakening character yet? It's just about all I'm still holding out for (I've resigned myself to knowing that anything Kojima-related is out).

No, but there's a leak that so far has been accurate that says Chrom is in.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

LUCCCCCY

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I am so happy

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

And I would have been happy with either Lucina or Robin. Good show, sakurai.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oh yeah this deconfirms the leak super hard. Guess Shulk isn't in.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How does this de-confirm the leak?

Is Chrom actually playable? It wasn't clear. I guess if he is it's still valid, although missing Lucina and Robin, the actual hard guesses is super suspect.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Chrom is just Robin's final smash, it seemed pretty obvious on a rewatch.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

WadeBartender posted:

lucina's called a newcomer on her page though, so im confused as hell

Lucina is a newcomer with a moveset most likely based on Marth's. Same as how Wolf was a newcomer in Brawl.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

This is about as perfect as it could have been, I really did not expect them to put in Robin. Chrom being a final smash is really weird though, why did they decide Lucina was more important than him to be playable?

Lucina rules, Chrom drools

also Lucina is probably a marth clone, which fits her better than Chrom

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Seshoho Cian posted:

so it seems that people in this thread are having a hard time telling the difference between the fire emblem representatives, so, allow me to help you out

this is Marth, (sword of luck and pluck not pictured), he is easily identified by his softer facial features

This is Ike. Note his association with the colour red.

This is Lucina. She's a girl.

I hope this sorts everything out.

this post made all the stupid arguing worth it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Water-Raccoon posted:

Yeah, this latest trailer kinda sapped my excitement from me. I'm sure they're fine characters in their games but Lucina looks suspiciously cloney and the tactician(is that really his/her name?) doesn't really wow me at all. I think I'll take a break from this for a while. Never had second thoughts on Smash before. :ohdear:

what

are you actually worried about the game as whole because you don't care about two characters on the roster

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i like anime

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Me too, let's be friends.

don't you mean nakama?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

So someone explain yo me they where's a male and female Robin? I never played Fire Emblem, do you pick the gender of certain characters?

Robin is the player's customizable character, Robin is just the default name (and the default appearances are what are used.)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

leak is dead and buried, we're free from it forever, i don't know why people are holding onto it so desperately

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Terper posted:

oh gently caress

oh man

It doesn't look like Robin's flipping the other person off, 2/10.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nickoten posted:

Huh, so she's not quite the palette swap that people speculated she might be, but also not as different as Roy was?

Well it's possible they decided to change her up further once it was decided she'd be a whole character and not a palette swap.

At the least, I think it would make sense to give her different defaults from the move customization options.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i think he's saying tharja probably has one

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i am truly glad for amiibo, as it has given me an excuse to have a figure of lucina

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Didn't they say there won't be Amiibos for every Smash character?

If worse comes to worse i'll buy a marth amiibo and use my imagination

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They would weight down the control stick or something, but yes, people did that.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's a Project M Ike reskin.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sharrrk posted:

"Literally Marth but w/o Tipper" has to be the most boring concept for a character, and I cannot believe that Sakurai would let that be the only difference. She'll be similar but she'll have enough unique properties on her attacks to make her worth using over Marth.

I feel she'll at least get a new Final Smash since Critical Hit is very distinctly Marth's - what with the NES style health bar and all.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

True

i just want Lucina to be somewhat unique

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

When/where is the stream that people think a new character might end up being revealed on?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this guy is pretty bad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i will be somewhat upset if they don't announce a new character after this (or at the least a veteran).

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol are they trying to get to world 3 because that might take a while

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i look forward to them going through 50 lives

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hahaha, that bullet bill

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Gameplay footage, although apparently there will be something ~special~ soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drop kick science

• Locked thread