Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I will make a mans for this today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Dr. Marcus Kincaid

Character Sheet

Background:

Ever since he got his first Operation board game at age five, Marcus Kincaid was intellectually fascinated by the inner workings of the human body. The myriad of interactions that each human played host to was not unlike a symphony to Marcus, and he revealed in unveiling their secrets. This intense interest served him well, and he spent the vast majority of his adulthood in some sort of higher learning on a free ride of scholarships.

He pursued a medical doctorate at the U of T Health Science Center first, and despite proving to be a capable general practitioner after graduation, the lack of active research in his life left him feeling stifled. There was nothing new as a GP, no new ground to break or discoveries to publish. Instead, all he had in his life was an endless cycle of diagnose and treat, mostly minor issues with a few referrals here and there. After a few all-to-long months he resolved to do something about his malaise, and decided to pursue a more academic degree in biology.

It was there, at Rice University, that he found his true calling. Marcus took like a fish to water in their Space Sciences program, and wrote/published several papers on the impact of space flight on the human body. Upon graduation, Marcus was approached by DynaCorp representatives. They had read his papers, and were quite interested in his theories on how to prevent the degradation of muscle tissue that so many astronauts are afflicted with. They explained that they were putting a research team together that would solve that problem and more, and would like it if Marcus could join them.

He leaped at the chance. How often does an opportunity to work with a team of brilliant and well-funded scientists on the literal bleeding edge come along? It was amazing, his years working for DynaCorp were some of the best of his life. Not only was it immensely satisfying, but hell, their stasis system might even change the course of human history one day. The Mars Noden 2 represents years of research, and Marcus is on-board to monitor the support systems and collect any relevant data.

When's not working on experimental stasis technology, Marcus likes to spend his time out in the Texas back-country hunting, fishing, and camping under the stars. His fascination of life extends to nature, and over the years he has developed a healthy love and appreciation for the natural world.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Looks good, although you might be better served in specializing with your social skills a bit. Socialize never seems to come up much, and being able to throw a lot of dice at persuading people or lying to them really helps.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

mugrim posted:

Passengers, and I would prefer one pilot (and you all would too at first). Piloting is just the drive skill for any interested. I'd recommend a doctor if possible as well.

I'm more of a scientist but I can do some Doctorin' if need be.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Error 404 posted:

From reading your background, I got the feeling you pretty much were a doctor, a little rusty maybe after years in a lab, but perfectly capable.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. As a side note, thanks to my merit I can perform most procedures capably without the proper tools. :v:

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Mustache Ride posted:

Wow, Raige is very similar to David Wallace in your old game.

Now I feel bad :(

Don't worry about it, he actually wasn't in the game for very long. The only original character that were in it until the end were NoControl's Laila and myself. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

A little ooc is not that big a deal man, sometimes we just want to keep things moving along with a quick post.

• Locked thread