Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'd love to get in on this- room for one more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Alright, cool. Quick question: how would you prefer we upload our character sheets? I'm using an editable PDF but I can also use the code tags on here.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

mugrim posted:

Also, don't spend dots on resources. I mean if you want to you can, but it's not in your best interest.

What about Contacts? I mean, it makes sense for my character's background but I don't know about how useful it'd be on a spaceship.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Dr. Wren Meadows

Character sheet here.

Wren always was a percocious child. Straight A student, teacher's pet, mommy's favorite... at least, in front of grown ups. To her peers, she was manipulative, always getting them in trouble for things she did, tattling on them (or threatening to tattle). This didn't change once she became a young woman, either. She entered into the world of crisis counseling, using her manipulative prowess to help those in need... and score a little extra cash. She spent the years after she graduated Magna Cum Laude working in a crisis center in Boulder, Colorado. It was never quite enough for her, however. When her parents died, she was devastated, but quickly used her share of the inheritance to her advantage. After all, her parents would have wanted the best for her, right?

Using a few people she'd helped during her crisis work, Wren managed to set things in motion. She hired a private investigator, got in touch with her secretary friend, and with a little bit of luck and good timing, managed to catch a Dyncorp executive in a rather compromising position with an intern. A few phonecalls and one roll of film later, and she was in. Her official role is to make sure there's no mental side effects from the cryosleep and isolation. Now all she has to do is make it through this mission and she's set for life. Wren would prefer it that it went off without a hitch, bu if there is a crisis and she can smooth it over, that's just one more gold star for her. Let the games begin.

Important people
Jordan Reynolds: A young man that Wren helped during her years at the crisis center. She gre rather close to him, despite her best intentions. Pictures him as something like a little brother. Works as a secretary at Dyncorp.
Megan Meadows: Wren's deceased mother. Wren looked up to her like a hero, and was definitely a momma's girl. Megan was a kind, caring, loving and supportive mother. She died at home from a heart attack. Wren was the one who found her dead. She still has nightmares about it.
River Meadows: Wren's deceased father. He tried his best to support his children after the death of his wife, but here was only so much that he could do. Wren still feels severe guilt that she didn't help him more, but there's not much she can do now. He died a little bit after she graduated from college in a car crash. She still visits his grave once a year.
Elenore Meadows: Wren's estranged older sister. They did not get along as kids, and they don't get along now. Wren tells herself she's fine with this, but secretly it hurts her.
Daniel Meadows: Wren's estranged older brother. Never was close to her as a child, and moved out when Wren was in middle school. Wren blames him for not being home to help their mother.

FluxFaun fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 18, 2014

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Do those of us that have already submitted a character need to do anything special for recruitment?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm in for this still!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Error 404 posted:

Your words inspire excitement and anxiety!

Seconded. I'm not sure if I should be happy or very worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Holy christing mother of shitbirds, things are about to get real.

• Locked thread