Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Kings in 7 because why not. Jeff Carter GWG in OT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
rags in 6

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

If we're predicting the cup winning goal scorer too, I'll go with Tanner Pearson.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Kings in 6, Kopitar with the Cup Winner.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Rangers in 7, MSL with the Cup Winning Goal

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Kings in six, justin williams

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
RANGERS IN 6

DOMINIC MOORE

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Rangers in 7, Brassard

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Rangers in 6, Chris Kreider

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Rangers in 7, St Louis with the winner in a 2-1 thriller

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dustin Brown will score the Cup clinching goal 47 seconds into the first period of Game 4 (the Kings will win the game 6-0, completing the sweep and earning the Rangers the title of "worst professional sports team to ever ride the back of a fugly Michael Jackson impersonator to the Finals")

I like my predictions specific

:nws: Stop auto-inlining the image you fuckin browser extension

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kings in 5. Marian Gaborik with the CWG, and I can take some consolation in Jeff Carter winning another because Gabby seems cool.

Hank steals one when some 4th line plug scores and then he stands on his head turning away 96 shots the rest of the way to win 1-0.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Kings in 6, Carter

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Kings win in 6, Jeff "Jeff Carter" Carter with the SCWG

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Rangers in 7, Richards with SCWG.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Kings in 6, Toffoli

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Rangers in 7, McD

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Kings in 6. Jeff Carter.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rangers in 6

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Kings in 7

GWG: Justin Williams, so every insufferable commentator can make the same tired "Mr. Game 7!" statements over and over

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 4, 2014

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Number of OT games: 22

Number of suspensions: 5

Total goals of entire playoffs: 492

Carey Price's gaa and s%:2.35/.919

Which 1990-present expansion team will go furthest (tie breaker of total wins, and, failing that, goals for): Anaheim

The "worst" team (aka the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the cup winner): Colorado or Detroit

Total number of game 7's played: 7

Total number of sweeps: 1

Leading goal scorer/leading goal total (10 per): Gaborik 12

Player with most pim/total (10 per): Pat Maroon: 38

Number of too many men penalties: 16

Pierre McGuire
Oct 30, 2010
Kings in 6, Gaborik scores the CWG, Kopitar wins the Conn Smythe or whatever

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

SCF GWG : Anze Kopitar

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Drunk Canuck, Kreez, and Hand Knit have been with LA since day 1.

Literally every single person who chose NYR did it due to homer picks. Outstanding!

BOXC
OldSenileGuy
a false
THE MACHO MAN
Zodijackylite

16 of you are within 4 OT games of winning, so y'all did a decent job picking that.

Montreal - New York gooned it up resulting in a 9-way tie for total suspensions thus far. 5 being the magic number.

There are :lol: 2 people not yet eliminated with total goals. It has been a high scoring playoffs no doubt - 88 gp, 492 g = 5.6 goals per game. Even so, a 10% reduction to ~5 gpg would still have only left 9 people in the running. Considering mentholmoose's prediction of 495 mathematically is impossible, :siren: darkwolf220 :siren: is locked in as the winner of that category!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Kings in 6, Jeff Carter.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

We are at 23 OT games, btw.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Thanks. Consecutive OTs to end Chi-LA got me.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Stickarts posted:

Drunk Canuck, Kreez, and Hand Knit have been with LA since day 1.

Literally every single person who chose NYR did it due to homer picks. Outstanding!

BOXC
OldSenileGuy
a false
THE MACHO MAN
Zodijackylite

i chose new york to make the finals before the playoffs started and it wasn't a homer pick :colbert:

Stickarts posted:

There are :lol: 2 people not yet eliminated with total goals. It has been a high scoring playoffs no doubt - 88 gp, 492 g = 5.6 goals per game. Even so, a 10% reduction to ~5 gpg would still have only left 9 people in the running. Considering mentholmoose's prediction of 495 mathematically is impossible, :siren: darkwolf220 :siren: is locked in as the winner of that category!

i had a slightly higher amount of goals and then changed my mind, but i think that was still under the current total lol. the main reason though wasn't just that it's been high scoring but also a lot of series went deep. i think i did my calculation expecting less than 88 games for the whole playoffs

Zamboni Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 2, 2014

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea 14 series, 88 games - we are almost averaging 6 games per series. There has only been the one sweep, but there has also only been one 5 game series. Five 6-gamers and the rest took all 7.

4-1
5-1
6-5
7-7

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Kings in 5, Justin Williams scores and gets his name changed to Constantine Falkland Cary Smythe, rather than the other way around.

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??
Kings in six, Martinez with the game winner

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Hmm I'm so close to the lead, I'm gonna need a day to think about my pick as to not blind myself with homerism.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zamboni Jesus posted:

kings in 7 because i demand that the kings play maximum games :colbert:

Same.

Also cup winning goal by Gaborik. In triple OT :getin:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
kings in 5

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Since I didn't choose a cup winning scorer yet: Kopitar

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Final LA Kings pick.

Los Angeles in 5. Kopitar cup winner goal.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Kings in 7, because winning a Cup after 4 consecutive 7-game series' has to happen sometime and that sometime might as well be now

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

goldrush posted:

Kings in 7, because winning a Cup after 4 consecutive 7-game series' has to happen sometime and that sometime might as well be now
It would be pretty hilarious if the Kings get swept and finish the playoffs with a negative W/L-ratio.

Wrax
Dec 27, 2011
Rangers in 7. Zucc with the SCWG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Well if I'm gonna lose I'm gonna lose big. Brain tells me Kings in 6, but homer tells me Rangers in 7

Rangers in 7, cup winning goal will be Kreider (assist from Nash) *goes blind from homerism*

• Locked thread