Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah it made me realize that I need to read his series at some point. Waid is really good, and so far this event looks like it could be worth it.

Nova is the first good thing Loeb has been involved with in a long time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah Nova is a Great book.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The red and black Fantastic Four outfits are garbage. It's cool that they're trying something different, but they just look like poo poo.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

Nova is the first good thing Loeb has been involved with in a long time!

He's really not that involved with it now. He did start it off surprisingly well though.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Edit: I think I asked this in the old thread, but does Inhumanity even count as an event anymore? Did it ever become one? Fraction dropped out before it even got going, and as far as I can tell the only books that even deal with it anymore is Soule's Inhuman and a little bit of Ms. Marvel.
To date Ms. Marvel hasn't mentioned anything re: Infinity/Inhumanity except an opening-caption mention of #2 being set "12 hours after the Terrigen Bomb" on what #3 retroactively identified as a Friday night, although #3 (set on the weekend and Monday after) has media snippets where at least in Jersey City the Terrigen mists are still publicly identified only as "the mist" or the "Manhattan mist".

Outside of the comic, the only (recent?) reference that Wilson has made was noting at the 2014 Emerald City Comic Con that once Kamala identified the origin of her powers she would seek out other Inhuman-descended whose powers manifested, though I believe this was only to be after her origin arc concluded, but if what you guys have been saying about Inhumanity is true then Wilson should be able to completely write around Inhumanity if need be.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there an Original Sin thread? I only ask because I want to see if it's worth dropping the $5 on.

And the topic title says this isn't the place and all.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

IUG posted:

Is there an Original Sin thread? I only ask because I want to see if it's worth dropping the $5 on.

And the topic title says this isn't the place and all.

I was trying to be not so subtle with the hint for someone to start a thread :sweatdrop:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm really hoping that classic Guardians of the Galaxy story wasn't just fanservice. It would be pretty drat awesome to see them regularly again.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
The Ms. Marvel #6 (July 2014) solicit:

quote:

MS. MARVEL #6 (JULY 2014)
G. WILLOW WILSON (W) • Jacob Wyatt (A)
Cover by Jamie McKelvie
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ARTIST VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
• On the run from the Inventor, Kamala needs all the help she can get. Did someone say Wolverine?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
... gently caress. :doh:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Chortles posted:

Wolverine is all about hanging out with kids these days

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Senor Candle posted:

Wolverine is all about hanging out with kids these days

Wolverine is going to get punched.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Chortles posted:

Wolverine better be the name of that hedgehog.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

Wolverine better be the name of that hedgehog.
This is most certainly an acceptable outcome.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The reveal is that no, nobody said Wolverine.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

I was trying to be not so subtle with the hint for someone to start a thread :sweatdrop:

Dibs?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Only if you do it at 3 AM

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Please give us more Gavok OPs.

All Marvel threads need the 3am Gavok treatment. They are fantastic. They will be. They already are, and they don't exist yet. Whatever. That's how good they are.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I knew that Elektra was going to have great art, but I had no idea it was going to be GORGEOUS!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

You did one thread and now you'll be doing them forever :getin:

goldenoreos posted:

I knew that Elektra was going to have great art, but I had no idea it was going to be GORGEOUS!

I told you all :colbert: Quoting the art thread but god drat is this book good.

SMP posted:

Follow-up:

:haw:

I was wary of what the script would be like but I'm down for Elektra: Assassin for hire beating up dudes around the world.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I love how she called New York a cage that's done nothing but give her bad memories. Honestly it's great seeing more marvel heroes leave NYC and go elsewhere.

Edit: I also checked out Original Sin #0 and it's a surprisingly nice read. Honestly it makes me want Waid to quit Hulk and work on Nova instead.

goldenoreos fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 23, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why does it always have to be Wolverine? Why couldn't it have been...Anyone else? What is this, the 90's?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

goldenoreos posted:

I love how she called New York a cage that's done nothing but give her bad memories. Honestly it's great seeing more marvel heroes leave NYC and go elsewhere.

Yeah this is one instance where her actually going "well maybe I hate New York for more reasons than my ex-boyfriend lives there" was a perfectly justifiable excuse to have her globe trotting.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Monkey's paw time: there's a Star Lord solo coming in July!

But it's written by Sam Humphries.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Suben posted:

Monkey's paw time: there's a Star Lord solo coming in July!

But it's written by Sam Humphries.

Can't be any worse than being written by Brian Bendis.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SilverSupernova posted:

Can't be any worse than being written by Brian Bendis.

There is something ironic about saying that with your avatar.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

There is something ironic about saying that with your avatar.

The image is from Mark Waid's run (which was far more enjoyable than Bendis') so I'm not seeing the irony.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SilverSupernova posted:

The image is from Mark Waid's run (which was far more enjoyable than Bendis') so I'm not seeing the irony.

Bendis Daredevil run is considered a classic and Waid is building off his.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering if my dislike for the new Nova was wrong after reading Original Sin 0, but then i went back and check to see who was writing it. Mark Waid is too good for us.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Iron Patriot is the best book you're not reading. Like, holy poo poo, the turns #2 took are something to behold.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
It is nice to read about the Fraction situation as something that was handled without a lot of drama. "Things didn't work out, it happens" instead of say editorial driven by insanity crashing an entire project.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Malekith being a bad arc didn't bother me. We had a clear hook on what the next arc would be with the SHIELD scientist, so it was obvious that Malekith was a forced story because movie synergy, a hiatus to the real comic if you will.

When the hell did the Malekith arc become bad? It was right up there Rat Queens for best D&D comic ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, Original Sin 0 was fantastic. I loved when Sam gave Uatu the little memento, the expression on his face was priceless.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Soonmot posted:

When the hell did the Malekith arc become bad? It was right up there Rat Queens for best D&D comic ever.

Maybe not bad, but certainly not the stuff I came for. Now if you'll excuse me, I have comic books to read.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Did I miss something or was there a reason why Venom's character design changed between pages in GOTG? He traded his gun in for new ones, then he looked completely different on the next page for no reason I can tell.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
He just took off the weird vest thing he was wearing, then put on the Venom "mask."

It's certainly a slightly different mask than the one he usually has, but it isn't a dramatic change.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel kicks rear end at promotional items.

Glow in the dark Watcher EYES.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rhyno posted:

Marvel kicks rear end at promotional items.

Glow in the dark Watcher EYES.

AKA bouncy balls. Bouncy balls are cool, tho.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Wanderer posted:

He just took off the weird vest thing he was wearing, then put on the Venom "mask."

It's certainly a slightly different mask than the one he usually has, but it isn't a dramatic change.

It's more different than that. The page before he has his normal look with the kinda spiky shoulder pads and larger shin guards. On the next page the shoulder pieces are gone, the shin guard design changes, the spider logo is different and he has the new mask with the spiky mouth. He looks much more "streamlined" and less like a dude in black tactical armor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

coconono posted:

AKA bouncy balls. Bouncy balls are cool, tho.

Probably more like ping pong balls. They need to be lightweight for shipping since they are "free."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Waid should always do a prelude or epilogue to an event. Uatu & Nova was amazing like his Hank Pym comic.

• Locked thread