Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aers
Feb 15, 2012

The best part about Episode 4 is where they deemed it worthy enough to not have the actual OP or ED because it was super important and they needed the extra time yet the entire episode was people talking about how awesome the MC was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Isn't this style of writing common in LNs? The over-descriptive stuff, I mean.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

uuuummm posted:

So... is anyone watching this unironically?
If the story really is that bad, why did it get animated? Someone who likes it needs to get in here and defend because I really don't understand.

I don't know how to watch things ironically.

Also it got animated because if you go look at list of the top selling light novel series in 2013, the entire top 20 has an anime except Mahouka. Which is #3. The series has been in a state of "getting an adaptation sometime because they've adapted everything else" for years now.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Its from the preview for the next arc.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

They actually got a pretty good animator to be Action Animation Director for this show (he animated the hand to hand fight scene in episode 1) except there isn't any action for him to work on so he's doing work on other shows instead.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

WickedHate posted:

It's one of the most popular of it's season, next to Stardust Crusaders.

Current sales estimates are something like

Love Live s2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sidonia >> Haikyuu >> Jojo/Mahouka

But they wont solidify for a few weeks.

It would be surprising if anything but Love Live outsells Jojo.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Don't take that internet poll as evidence of anything.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

I honestly think the sales of this show won't be that great.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-03/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-series-2014-first-half/.75184

aers
Feb 15, 2012

jwang posted:

You should also compare Twilight sales records if you're going to pull that up, since they're about equal in literary quality by my opinion.

???

I never said it was good, but claiming it will sell poorly is hilarious.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Its tracking to sell more than fine. Sorry!

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Is it possible that Tatsuya serves a sort of "shoujo love interest" role that helps give this series is appeal to women as well as men? It's obvious that it has the harem/imouto and Gary Stu stuff there to appeal to guys, but I've been trying to figure out why it has rated high among women as well. There's gotta be some reason.

It was high rated among women on an anonymous internet poll with a small number of votes where anyone can choose "I'm a woman"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

What's the second number?

Last month's ranking, IIRC.

• Locked thread