Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

bitterandtwisted posted:

I'm in my fist playthrough and enjoying it so far, but I'm bad at it. I made a big loop that all resources go on and all factories, science buildings etc pick up from, so it's a mess and the whole thing gets clogged up with whatever resource is in least demand.

Think I'll just start over with this lesson learned.

Are there any recommended video LPs around?

FWIW: I've just started as well, and I found https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-7ICWbZUDjm5XnTz7F-M-EAN0r6crZTX to be helpful, though it's pretty drat long and skips a few things (train station facing, aiieeee...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Don't real nuclear power plants have some reliance on external power to bootstrap?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

zedprime posted:

The theory is single pumps have a speed limit of 30/s. So 1 petro pump should supply 10 plastic bar chem plants, or 1 crude pump to supply 15 refineries. Modules obviously skew those numbers depending how you move the speed value.
<snip>

Thanks for the link and the explanation --- like the op, I've also had a hard time understanding what the heck is happening with fluid pumping. (To the point that tanker rail cars are the one feature I am looking for the most).

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Renegret posted:

you do know there's an in-game manager for mods now, right?

It's never been easier.

So that thing's worth the hassle of setting up an account?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Aww, Kovarex enrichment breaks the total produced stat for U-235.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Anyone have ideas on how to automate withdrawal of extra stuff from the Uranium enrichment process? It's easy to make it produce new U-235 in a closed loop, but I want the extras going to reactor fuel, not sitting in a centrifuge input buffer, and the closest I can come up with for solution has a long delay belt with circuit network in every cell.