Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
A problem I'm finding with single lane buses is that each time you split off to somewhere it's needed, you're cutting the amount on the bus after that point by half each time.

100 green circuit per minute bus gets reduced down to 12 per minute after just 3 off-branches. I was thinking of either making triple lane buses or dedicated lanes. 1 green circuit bus for EVERY section that requires green circuits, etc?

[edit] This is like minecraft crossed with OpenTTD. Only with less bribing towns so I can bulldoze their homes in order to run a 12 lane railroad in a straight line from one side of the map to the other.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

In order to improve efficiency I started writing numbers down!

A single assembly machine making cogs can supply exactly 10 assembly machines making red science.

3 copper wire can supply 2 green circuits and because it takes 0.5 time to process, you need to use 3 blue arms to keep up with the demand!

I had to add a kink to the belt on the copper wire output because 1 blue arm will place every 2nd tile, so 2 blue arms will place every single tile, meaning the 3rd blue arm has no where to place it's copper wire.

Slickdrac posted:

Check out the Landfill mod, lets you use stone to create water erasing chunks of land.

I can't get that to work with the steam version.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Play > New Game > Start > ....Quit.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Slickdrac posted:

As least you knew it right away. One of my first games I played for about 6 hours before realizing I was on an island just big enough that wandering around the starting area didn't clear enough fog to tell. And I didn't know about landfill at the time (not that it would help in your case)

No one will probably get this.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Huh. More cool people here than I thought. :v:

Garfu posted:

WTFMAN?

Imanewbie, I believe WTFMan currently plays on UOForever. Or at least posts on their forums.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

concise posted:

We can be friends I think. I miss UO sometimes.

UOForever SA thread so we don't derail the Factorio thread too much. :v:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733735

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Is there a mod for oil plants so that if light oil is full, it doesn't shut off production of the other two resources? Or maybe a tank that empties it's self when full. I have the void pipe mod but it sucks everything all the time rather than when the pipe network is at full capacity.