Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Goons have returned to UO and are dominating once again in the name of Lowtax, obesity, and cheetodust. We are playing on UOForever(https://www.uoforever.com) – the only UO shard worth playing anymore, RIP Hybrid.

We are playing as EQMS again(for any of you who played with us before) and our focus is PVP, PKing, and drinking pubbie tears in game on on the UOF forums. If you’ve ever wanted to be a part of a goon force that is still dedicated to killing pubbies, taking all their poo poo, and then talking poo poo to them after they rage, this is the game/guild for you.
Another great thing about UO and goons is that PVP fits our playstyle well – once you get a character built up(which takes about 1 day of afk macroing, funded by us) you can effectively contribute to our PVP efforts immediately(all you need to do is setup a few hotkeys). Yes, even if you’ve never played UO before, you will be killing the “l33t pvpers” on your first trip out into the field. If you have played UO before, you have a leg up in this race.

Heres the essential links:

https://www.uoforever.com – official server website
https://www.uoforum.com – official server forums(where we drink all the tears)

UOF launcher:

The staff has created a launcher that will download UO for you and update it. Getting this and running it is the first step setting up your UO.
http://www.uoforever.com/download.php

Clients to use:

Sallos -- http://www.uoforever.com/patches/Sallos/Sallos.zip -- this is the best client to use for PVP, its extremely simple(you will need to hotkey your spells and 2 or 3 targetting hotkeys) and easy to learn
UOSteam – http://uoredemption.com/upload/UOSteam104.exe -- an upgrade from Razor, this client is good for setting up macros to train characters or perform menial crafting tasks
Razor – the oldest and most well known client, it is pretty much a shittier outdated version of steam

A good guide for sallos can be found here: http://uoforum.com/threads/keiths-sallos-usage-guide.49547/

Guild information:

EQMS is the guild we play as and it’s a mix of pubbie who have paid 200k to join and goons who join for free obviously. If you check out the PVP forums, you will see endless threads crying about us which will give you an idea of the rape we have been giving pubbies.

We use mumble for VOIP:

IP: vc.dmgzone.com
Port 64738
pw britgy

We also use a series of skype group chats to coordinate our efforts, so adding me to skype will help you get involved.

How to PVP

Instead of writing out a big guide on how to play the game on here, we’d prefer to teach you over skype chat or voip. The basic idea is that we all group up, load a spell, and then cast the spell on the person closest to us using 1 hotkey to load the spell and 1 hot key to target/cast the spell. So easy a newb(goon) can do it.

Some battle pics:

Summary: There is no game like UO when it comes to making pubbies rage. Goons are currently the most dominant guild on the server so joining in will get you insta access to pubbie rage and tears.

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Private EQMS forums are setup: https://www.eqms.pw/forums

Simply make a post in the auth section with your something awful username and bump this thread for access.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't really have skype or even a way to do voice chat but I do feel like being an rear end in a top hat, what's a good thief build that's quick to get going :D

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Guess I'll double post an add the UOAM (Ultima Online Auto Map) is probably pretty essential for any new players. It's an external program that has a map of the world and your location in it. Makes getting around really easy.

Edit - your link to UOSteam doesn't work with UO:Forever and their domain is no longer active so that was a fail it seems.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 30, 2015

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Are there any Euros playing there? I played for a little while back on Hybrid but my problem is timezones as always...

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Le0 posted:

Are there any Euros playing there? I played for a little while back on Hybrid but my problem is timezones as always...

Fellow EU goon here. There's a bunch of EU's and it's active in our timezone as well.

FormerFatty posted:

once you get a character built up(which takes about 1 day of afk macroing, funded by us)

This is important to me. If eqms can hook this up I'll return to UO. I've never played on shards with mounts except for the real deal back in the day when I was just a kid and have mostly stuck to IPY/An Corp that was turned to trash because of Az.

I tried getting back into this and joining up on UO:F but I hate macroing my char and had no cash for it so my character is like... I dunno it has some skills at GM but not the good stuff like magery. Now that the Albion alpha is over I need a full loot game to play. Hook me up Gluttony.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I'll give it a shot. This game sounds like a lot of fun once you've configured Sallos.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Pixelslol posted:

Fellow EU goon here. There's a bunch of EU's and it's active in our timezone as well.

This is important to me. If eqms can hook this up I'll return to UO. I've never played on shards with mounts except for the real deal back in the day when I was just a kid and have mostly stuck to IPY/An Corp that was turned to trash because of Az.

I tried getting back into this and joining up on UO:F but I hate macroing my char and had no cash for it so my character is like... I dunno it has some skills at GM but not the good stuff like magery. Now that the Albion alpha is over I need a full loot game to play. Hook me up Gluttony.

We can definitely hook you and any other goons up with resources to get a character created as well as all the resources you need to be fully equipped in the field(its why we charge pubbies 200k to join, they get free regs and pots). Come suckle from our teet and all we ask is you stand and shoot your corp por in the face of the enemy.

UO with mounts is much more fun as its a much faster pace and it doesnt take you 2 days to run to the bank.

All you need to do to get hooked up is add me to skype: GluttonySDS

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Le0 posted:

We have a ton of euros as well as aussies, asians, and american poopsockers/nolifers so there is pretty much people playing in our crew all day.

grossghost
Jan 13, 2011
Thinking about possibly returning to this server to roll with EQMS. I have a stun scribe and an alchy stun and probably still have enough gold to drop a house and keep me pvping for a while. I suck at 1v1 but I'm pretty decent at field pvp. I quit before they were allowing sallos though and I've never used anything but razor/UOsteam. How long does it take to set up and get used to sallos?

grossghost fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 1, 2015

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

grossghost posted:

Thinking about possibly returning to this server to roll with EQMS. I have a stun scribe and an alchy stun and probably still have enough gold to drop a house and keep me pvping for a while. I suck at 1v1 but I'm pretty decent at field pvp. I quit before they were allowing sallos though and I've never used anything but razor/UOsteam. How long does it take to set up and get used to sallos?

you can use the uof installer for sallos and it has a treehack option. It took me a couple half assed hours to set up sallos macros and hotkeys, very easy. You can't really make complicated macros though. The uof Sallos wiki helped a lot.

grossghost
Jan 13, 2011
Nevermind, it's working.

grossghost fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 2, 2015

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/uoforever-2nd-annual-battles-tournament-7-days-of-events-cash-prizes.64149/

ULTIMA ONLINE FOREVER PRESENTS:

THE 2ND ANNUAL BATTLES TOURNAMENT OF EVENTS

7 DAYS OF THE FOLLOWING EVENTS:​

CAPTURE THE FLAG GAMES​
FREE FOR ALL BATTLES​
1v1 TOURNAMENTS​
TEAM vs TEAM BATTLES​
MONSTER BASHES​
ZOMBIE EVENT​
INVASIONS​
DOUBLE CHAMPION SPAWNS​
AN ESTABLISHED CHARACTER IS NOT NEEDED!
USE OUR NEW TEMPLATES CREATION SYSTEM FOR *MOST EVENTS!

ACCUMULATE POINTS FROM ALL EVENTS.
PREVIOUS EVENT POINTS WILL NOT BE DELETED.
MAY THE BEST PERSON BE VICTORIOUS!

$1000.00 USD CASH IN PRIZES
IN GAME REWARDS

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
omg

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
I have been away for awhile, and continue to be away... Stupid work.

I get back Thursday so should be on this weekend.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Holy loving poo poo.... sup killer.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

FormerFatty posted:

Holy loving poo poo.... sup killer.

I'm gonna get back into this soon...

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Garfu posted:

I'm gonna get back into this soon...

Just hit me up on skype(skype: gluttonysds) and ill give you the mumble info. We got enough gold/supplies to get you whatever you need.

Davion
Apr 9, 2002

One shall stand, one shall fall.
For some reason I have logged in and started playing this game again. What is the most useful/easy way to finish this build for this server?
Magery / Eval Int / Meditation / Resist / Wrestling / ______ / ______

Not sure if Swords/Tactics or Anatomy/Healing or Hiding/___? Any guidance appreciated. Server seems neat - it's nice to have a newbie dungeon to get reacquianted with.

edit: requested private access to EQMS forums

Davion fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 15, 2015

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!
Never mind.

Mortvert fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 15, 2015

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Davion posted:

For some reason I have logged in and started playing this game again. What is the most useful/easy way to finish this build for this server?
Magery / Eval Int / Meditation / Resist / Wrestling / ______ / ______

Not sure if Swords/Tactics or Anatomy/Healing or Hiding/___? Any guidance appreciated. Server seems neat - it's nice to have a newbie dungeon to get reacquianted with.

edit: requested private access to EQMS forums

Definitely do anatomy as stun punch is what gets us kills in group fights, your 7th skill can be something cheap like hiding or healing.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So is there a place in the guild for a lame tamer who has no interest in pub tears but wants to do hood rat things like killing monsters that require more than one lame tamer to kill?

Or am I destined to wander the streets of Brit tag less, just another pubbie victim in your war on order and decency?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nah do it and call targets for them win/win

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY
Back in 97 I used to carry around an old thinkpad and place a rock on a key for macroing a skill over 56K...

Downloading and going to give this a play this week.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

EpicNemesis posted:

So is there a place in the guild for a lame tamer who has no interest in pub tears but wants to do hood rat things like killing monsters that require more than one lame tamer to kill?

Or am I destined to wander the streets of Brit tag less, just another pubbie victim in your war on order and decency?

All goons are welcome, regardless of what kind of play style you enjoy. If youre a non PVPer you can contribute in many other ways(calling out blues you see while farming, crafting things or donating gold for the war machine) not to mention we do PVE poo poo too(as it is often a means for creating PVP).

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
ultima online is a game where you run around and theres a ton of bird sounds and birds and poo poo, because of all the loving birds in this loving bird game

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Fuuuuck, I mean, I remember playing this on dialup, but I'm really going to have to wait until I get a wireless ISP that puts up a tower near our house for me to really play.

I think my house plot fell down anyway

Viva VIVINT wireless internet bitches

I have an 6x or 7x gm alchy mage that could be okay for inducing pubbie tears, but I am bad at PVP and will need some hotkey instruction.

e: UOAM either isn't supported or doesn't work anymore, there was some other map app around but it also wasn't being supported by its dev anymore. Either way I forget what it was called, but if you had UOAM and liked it, it might still be an option. But for some reason I'm thinking that there was something keeping it from working on UOF.

e2: What happened to surfing turtle

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 4, 2015

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like to log in, refresh my house/vendor, see that 2 people have logged into GS in the last day, then go do something else.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I like to log in, refresh my house/vendor, see that 2 people have logged into GS in the last day, then go do something else.

Well... id say try giving some PVP with us a try -- even if youre rusty as gently caress, we have a newb friendly system(think eve) where as soon as your char is done you can contribute GREATLY in group PVP with 1 or 2 spells and 1 targetting hotkey.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm not familiar with the newb friendly system of Eve. Please, tell me more.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm not familiar with the newb friendly system of Eve. Please, tell me more.

neither am I but dont they have something where you be effective as a new player(tackling?).

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No idea. I been playin UO since 1999 and I suck poo poo. I ain't no l337 roxx0r!

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

No idea. I been playin UO since 1999 and I suck poo poo. I ain't no l337 roxx0r!

You just need to play with our group -- we are all bads but the good thing about UO is that a bunch of bads working together can poo poo on the very best.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one

life is killing me posted:

Fuuuuck, I mean, I remember playing this on dialup, but I'm really going to have to wait until I get a wireless ISP that puts up a tower near our house for me to really play.

I think my house plot fell down anyway

Viva VIVINT wireless internet bitches

I have an 6x or 7x gm alchy mage that could be okay for inducing pubbie tears, but I am bad at PVP and will need some hotkey instruction.

e: UOAM either isn't supported or doesn't work anymore, there was some other map app around but it also wasn't being supported by its dev anymore. Either way I forget what it was called, but if you had UOAM and liked it, it might still be an option. But for some reason I'm thinking that there was something keeping it from working on UOF.

e2: What happened to surfing turtle

Surfing turtle is on hiatus.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

unbeatable posted:

Surfing turtle is on hiatus.

The usual "UO break" that is common to all UO players such as ourselves?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

life is killing me posted:

The usual "UO break" that is common to all UO players such as ourselves?

Getting clean for 6months to a year and then relapsing again repeated over for 17 years

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
My wife doesn't understand why I like such an old ugly boring game. Do I divorce?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

EpicNemesis posted:

My wife doesn't understand why I like such an old ugly boring game. Do I divorce?

No other game gives you the ability to make people rage like UO... wives should understand the joy in that.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So there are like 300 different EQMS guilds. is the goon one EQMS or eq.ms or some other variant of those letters and punctuation?

Also I'm online now as my tamer Kamar if anyone can shoot me an invite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

EpicNemesis posted:

Sever.

• Locked thread