Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pander posted:

Those last few words don't make any sense. Unless you bought into Eccoraven's bullshit distinctions between 'scum' and 'mafia', which are shite. There's scum and then there's third party, they're not the same fuckin thing.

This is a stupid thing to argue about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Slightly Toasted posted:

This is a stupid thing to argue about

I agree! Fuckwad!

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

So lynching meinberg gets rid of meinberg and a 3p that wants to lynch him and will probably be a wildcard at best and a stupid issue that we get sick of hearing at worst all game if we ignore it

I do not see a downside

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pander posted:

I agree! Fuckwad!

Rude :mad:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Please calm yourselves. The conversation is in its infancy. With the ousting of our British captors, New York may now flourish under the leadership and guidance of its representatives. I have not yet earned the trust of you, my constituents, but I assure you that I will.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##unvote

You all had one simply job to do, and you failed it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote Meinberg, you may be misunderstanding something. Is your first name George?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##kill Meinberg

:shrug:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Rofl

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Sandwolf posted:

##kill Meinberg

That's the kind of decisive action a southern guy can get behind!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

A cloud of smoke erupts out of the musket Sandwolf is carrying and a giant Hessian falls to the ground dead.

Meinberg, Maximillian Straus (Vanilla/{Mason Recruiter}), Person, Town has been shot.

Votes have been reset.

wins32767 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 6, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (16): Ardulac, Crazyeyes, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, JakeP, Magnus Gallant, merk, mr.capps, Opopanax, Pander, Sandwolf, Slightly Toasted, tearshed, Tremendous Taste, xopods, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

##kill Meinberg

I like this guy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That mother fucker killed my brother if anyone is curious, I am town-aligned. My original role was 1 shot vig and "Investigator" (i.e. once a night I could figure out if a chosen person KILLED MY BROTHER). I lost that role.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also can you clear your inbox wins?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Sandwolf posted:

That mother fucker killed my brother if anyone is curious, I am town-aligned. My original role was 1 shot vig and "Investigator" (i.e. once a night I could figure out if a chosen person KILLED MY BROTHER). I lost that role.
So the global cabal that controls the fuckin pig police and sent Cornwallis to kill MAH BOY told you to kill your brother when you're both town aligned?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pander posted:

So the global cabal that controls the fuckin pig police and sent Cornwallis to kill MAH BOY told you to kill your brother when you're both town aligned?

I don't care WHO he fraternizes with, he KILLED MY BROTHER.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

So now you're just a Vanilla Survivor since you fulfilled your win condition?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

So now you're just a Vanilla Survivor since you fulfilled your win condition?

I'm not even 3P, I'm town-aligned. I'd rather not speak about what happened to my role.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Is it common for a town players win condition to be to kill another town player? That doesn't seem right.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well then.

JakeP posted:

Is it common for a town players win condition to be to kill another town player? That doesn't seem right.

It's not necessarily a wincon. I have something similar and I'm pretty sure we're both town.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

Rare as a threat-teated whore. A guy who investigates people to find a flavor-killer of his brother sounds shite when the guy he's supposed to hunt down and kill is town.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
It's a cyor who knows what kind of crazy antics will happen.

As for me, I like farm yard animals.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pander posted:

Rare as a threat-teated whore. A guy who investigates people to find a flavor-killer of his brother sounds shite when the guy he's supposed to hunt down and kill is town.

If it's any consolation, I had no idea his alignment.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Also can you clear your inbox wins?

I cleared a few so you should be good.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

If it's any consolation, I had no idea his alignment.

So based on a flavor clue you shot a guy minutes into D1 without any inkling about his alignment?

And it's not part of your win condition?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf nooo

##vote sandwolf

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

Sandwolf nooo

##vote sandwolf

What are your thoughts on sandwolf's motivations for that shot. Why would he do it as scum?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pander posted:

So based on a flavor clue you shot a guy minutes into D1 without any inkling about his alignment?

Not a flavor clue, I was told I have to kill the man who KILLED MY BROTHER. After that, I get an ability that is helpful to the town.

My PM doesn't say it was part of my wincon or not, which I guess means it wasn't.

If you think you wouldn't have done the same thing, you're an idiot, Pander.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pander posted:

In all fairness that's pretty much the best use of a vig

In general not just this case

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Not a flavor clue, I was told I have to kill the man who KILLED MY BROTHER. After that, I get an ability that is helpful to the town.

My PM doesn't say it was part of my wincon or not, which I guess means it wasn't.

If you think you wouldn't have done the same thing, you're an idiot, Pander.

So what happens if you vote yourself since you killed your brother

Do you still get powers

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Slightly Toasted posted:

Do you still get powers

He didn't kill his brother? He killed the guy who killed his brother (I think?).

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Slightly Toasted posted:

Do you still get powers

What

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Slightly Toasted posted:

In all fairness that's pretty much the best use of a vig

In general not just this case

You fuckin retarded mate?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I think I may have misunderstood

Pander posted:

You fuckin retarded mate?

f u

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Slightly Toasted posted:

I think I may have misunderstood

f u

The best use of a vig is pretty loving far from shooting a mate EARLY ON IN THE FIRST DAY.

Sandwolf: You're saying "I had flavor that says this guy killed my brother so it's good for me to kill him." He had flavor saying "someone is trying to kill me and is certainly scum."

So explain why I shouldn't believe him?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pander posted:

The best use of a vig is pretty loving far from shooting a mate EARLY ON IN THE FIRST DAY.

Sandwolf: You're saying "I had flavor that says this guy killed my brother so it's good for me to kill him." He had flavor saying "someone is trying to kill me and is certainly scum."

So explain why I shouldn't believe him?

##vote Pander

This anger feels fake.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

What are your thoughts on sandwolf's motivations for that shot. Why would he do it as scum?

almost-jokephase free townie kill, easier to back away from now than later.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

almost-jokephase free townie kill, easier to back away from now than later.

beyond that I'm not buying his explanation of his motivations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

merk posted:

##vote Pander

This anger feels fake.

Oy, address the logic you fuckin idiot.

• Locked thread