Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I wonder what side Greg Jackson's bread is going to be buttered on for the Arlovski/Schaub fight of the century

I don't think Grudge is affiliated with Greg Jackson anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I just listened to 2 hours of Brendan Schaub episode of the Joe Rogan podcast because I just had to test my will. He has used the word "chickenhead" no less than 50 times. Every time women come up in the conversation in any context he finds a way to throw it in there. Man, I hope Arlovski smashes him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arlovski knocking Schaub out cold would be the best thing ever, but the actual thing that's going to happen is Schaub is getting a highlight win over a former heavyweight champ so they can pitch him as the next to fight for the belt.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I hope hope HOPE Arvloski isn't "Get knocked out by Schaub" yet.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Captain Log posted:

I hope hope HOPE Arvloski isn't "Get knocked out by Schaub" yet.

Arlovski got knocked out by a Sam's Club Tire Changer

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
There is no freakin way they will ever do Cain Velasquez vs Brendan Schaub.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

1st AD posted:

Arlovski got knocked out by a Sam's Club Tire Changer

That tire changer also KOed James Thompson and nearly KOed Fedor, but yeah, Arlovski is going to die in front of us.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bubba Smith posted:

There is no freakin way they will ever do Cain Velasquez vs Brendan Schaub.

That's because it'll be Werdum v. Schaub :ssh:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
No one will fight Cain for the belt as everyone is stopped by Junior dos Santos but nobody wants to see those two fight anymore.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

No one will fight Cain for the belt as everyone is stopped by Junior dos Santos but nobody wants to see those two fight anymore.

Hunt has a decent shot since the JDS match happened before JDS/Cain III, and Hunt is about to fight Roy Nelson in a main event. if Hunt wins that he'll fight again in a title eliminator I bet, probably against Travis Browne.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I am interested to see if JDS can learn a counter to the Diamond Cutter.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Mr. Nice! posted:

nearly KOed Fedor

This is getting silly

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Google Butt posted:

I like jbj more than schaub, as a person.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It really was lame that they burned through that trilogy so quickly. I know there's not a lot of contenders at HW, but I would have liked to see some more time go by between each fight, or at least between the second and third fight. JDS really didn't have enough time to develop his wrestling to a level where he could fend off Cain.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MrSmokes posted:

It really was lame that they burned through that trilogy so quickly. I know there's not a lot of contenders at HW, but I would have liked to see some more time go by between each fight, or at least between the second and third fight. JDS really didn't have enough time to develop his wrestling to a level where he could fend off Cain.

The time JDS spends improving, Cain spends improving.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The time JDS spends improving, Cain spends improving.

And from the look of it, Cain improves more than JDS does.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aurain posted:

And from the look of it, Cain improves more than JDS does.

Cain is just a frightening man in that cage and it is probably a good thing for the long term health of UFC heavyweights that he only fights 1-2 times per year.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP

Josh Thomson posted:

I knocked out your brother, I'll knock ur bitch rear end out in San Jose July 26th.Let's do it Bitch, San Jose vs Stockon. Yup, gently caress U NICK DIAZ!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Haha what's a Diaz to do?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

This is getting silly

Yeah, you're right. He didn't drop Fedor. He did, though, break his nose, bust him up, and win a round against him. That fight is such a thing of beauty if you follow it immediately with the Rogers/Reem fight. I'm sad we never got to see Reem/Fedor.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
My favorite part of that fight is the aftermath, when among others Jordan Breen called Rogers a brilliant fighter for duking it out with Fedor like that. Then Rogers got mauled by Overeem, barely got by a 40 year old Warpath and lost to Eddie Sanchez.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Someone needs to break the news to Josh Thomson that he's not a big enough name for Nick

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

ChampRamp posted:

Someone needs to break the news to Josh Thomson that he's not a big enough name for Nick
And that Nick ain't dropping to 155.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Josh Thomson doesn't have a lot of fights left, I don't think, and I think he's aware of it as well. He'd fight him at 170 for sure. It's just a way to try to get a paycheck before he's done.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

So these exist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q9aHLe1N5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQAsvKE2E5A

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Yeah, they've been on tv for a while. Do you only watch things on DVR or something?

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Sprecherscrow posted:

Yeah, they've been on tv for a while. Do you only watch things on DVR or something?

Dont live in the US :)

Also watch all my tv shows in a formated format, without commercials.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

raingwc posted:

Dont live in the US :)

Also watch all my tv shows in a formated format, without commercials.

whats a formated format

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Yet another thing Chuck Liddell is better at than Jon Jones.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

niethan posted:

whats a formated format

No idea actually, but I was too lazy to edit it after I noticed it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Josh Thomson posted:

People that know me, know I wouldn't ever talk about a fighter like this. My phone was stolen last night while at dinner.

We've hit an epidemic, folks! Phones are getting stolen and/or hacked every other day at this point.

Also here's an obligatory "Nurmy is really god drat cool" thing.

Khabib Nurmagomedov posted:

My phone wasn't stolen last night while at dinner, and I'm challenge one of DiazBrothers! Anytime Anyplace Anyweight! it's not problem

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Khahib owns.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

-Atom- posted:

lmao

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I remember one of the Diazes being suplexed like a motherfucker before in the UFC. Am I high or did that happen? I'd like to see it again. They bitch about being wrestled, but when it's super violent and crowd pleasing, it's all the better.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Ariza posted:

I remember one of the Diazes being suplexed like a motherfucker before in the UFC. Am I high or did that happen? I'd like to see it again. They bitch about being wrestled, but when it's super violent and crowd pleasing, it's all the better.

It was at 129 at Skydome. Rory vs Nate and he slammed the poo poo out of him. The building was going crazy and you could feel it shake. Same thing when Hominick came back in the 5th against Aldo. That was an amazing event.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

MagicCube posted:

It was at 127 at Skydome. Rory vs Nate and he slammed the poo poo out of him. The building was going crazy and you could feel it shake. Same thing when Hominick came back in the 5th against Aldo. That was an amazing event.

You're kinda mixing up your shaking buildings, because that was the Rogers Center and UFC 129.

/edit:
vvv Damnit, never thought I'd become a :goonsay:-wiki-warrior, but there we are. :cripes:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 4, 2014

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're kinda mixing up your shaking buildings, because that was the Rogers Center and UFC 129.

Skydome was the old name of the Rogers Centre.

I was at that card and it was loving incredible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Glover talked about the Jones fight with MMAFighting and it's a pretty interesting little piece.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/4/5678786/glover-teixeira-jon-jones-eye-pokes-not-intentional-has-to-stop

He's very grounded and humble about what went wrong, but of particular interest is this part.

Regarding Eye Pokes posted:

"I don’t think it was intentional, but the referee needs to start putting some pressure on who does that," he said. "I was a little afraid to close the distance and get poked in the eye again and maybe stop the fight. The second eye poke really scared me because I thought it could hurt my eye.
That's precisely why this bullshit with the extended fingers needs to stop. Bones might not poke someone in their eye every time, but the threat of it puts fighters off. Jones knows that and exploits it. It's a bullshit strategy, but I can't see referees clamping down on it.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:
vvv Damnit, never thought I'd become a :goonsay:-wiki-warrior, but there we are. :cripes:

I thought the number felt wrong and managed to look it up and change it before the edit limit. But yeah, I don't call it the Rogers Centre. It will always be the Skydome to me. Either way though, it was great event punctuated by a 5 round kickboxing match.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

Reason Khabib rules #433535

• Locked thread