Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noeland
Feb 28, 2006
:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

:goatsecx:

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
Goodbye Seventh Fleet.

I will not miss your Liberty policy, nor your paranoia over possibly going to war with China every other weekend.

Easily the worst place to begin a career ever. If there ever came a point in my life where all I wanted to do was work, and do nothing BUT work, I would gladly stay in Japan. Thankfully,
I want more out of my life.

Edit:
oh fun, Nam #2. Fun i guess?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

pandasmores, is your legal grudgematch with your chain of command still ongoing or has it been resolved?
:chiefsay:

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Karma has struck down a terrible dependa or I am an evil sorceror. I just got a call from my ex wife apologizing for everything she ever did to me. Apparently in the last two years, her drug use increased from pot and pills to coke and finally heroin. She robbed the liquor store she worked at and ended up getting hepatitus. She sounded like she is in a better place now but I looked her up on facebook and drat she looks like the stereotypical after pictures.

A small part of me feels bad, the rest of me is a terrible person for laughing about it after I hung up.

LordNad fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 1, 2014

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Sounds like it's time to take her back and do it all over again. Just think of it as re-enlisting.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

My bank account and penis both disagree with you.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

LordNad posted:

My bank account and penis both disagree with you.

Was she a dependapotamus?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

Not if she was on heroin/coke/meth/crank/etc

Then she's a Walking Deadpendant

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

She was never a beached whale and thank god we never had kids. Now she looks positively ghoulish.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Booblord Zagats posted:

Not if she was on heroin/coke/meth/crank/etc

Then she's a Walking Deadpendant

I love you.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

tuluk posted:

pandasmores, is your legal grudgematch with your chain of command still ongoing or has it been resolved?
:chiefsay:

Resolved at XOI. XO just looked at me, reviewed the evidence and then asked what I was even doing there, dismissing it all. Feel bad that it wasted his time but it was all out of my control.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Pandasmores posted:

Resolved at XOI. XO just looked at me, reviewed the evidence and then asked what I was even doing there, dismissing it all. Feel bad that it wasted his time but it was all out of my control.

So what was it?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I have such good ideas when drinking beer and eating pizza. I just acquired Iron Eagle for some ultimate 80s F-16 action.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

ded posted:

So what was it?

Art. 111, Reckless Driving.

Went to a restaurant to celebrate a friends birthday, had a few drinks, everyone walked to a bar while the DD took me to our apartment. Couple of dudes came back to the pad hammered several hours later, birthday boy was toasted so I babysat him for a bit/cleaned him up while everyone else sobered up for work. We got hungry so I got in my car and left to get some food when one of the guys called me up before we left and said some of the other guys got jumped (in reality one of them started a fight and got his rear end handed to him and ran off). Apparently, they left a guy at the bar, so we had to go pick him up. Grabbed a dude for directions and I went to the bar, cops said he was taken to the local hospital so I went there and picked him up after a few more hours to discharge. Went to the barracks and got ready for work. Luckily no one out of the idiots got hurt. I never got pulled over or anything, and from the calculations of the dudes that did my SARP screening/treatment I was sober by the time I got behind the wheel, so I just didn't understand what the hell I was being charged with.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So reckless of you to try and help out a shipmate, shipmate.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
glad you kept that under the wraps until it was resolved, big case

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

ded posted:

So reckless of you to try and help out a sea warrior, sea warrior.

Obviously you haven't been keeping up with the latest MCPON guidance.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Pandasmores posted:

Art. 111, Reckless Driving.

Went to a restaurant to celebrate a friends birthday, had a few drinks, everyone walked to a bar while the DD took me to our apartment. Couple of dudes came back to the pad hammered several hours later, birthday boy was toasted so I babysat him for a bit/cleaned him up while everyone else sobered up for work. We got hungry so I got in my car and left to get some food when one of the guys called me up before we left and said some of the other guys got jumped (in reality one of them started a fight and got his rear end handed to him and ran off). Apparently, they left a guy at the bar, so we had to go pick him up. Grabbed a dude for directions and I went to the bar, cops said he was taken to the local hospital so I went there and picked him up after a few more hours to discharge. Went to the barracks and got ready for work. Luckily no one out of the idiots got hurt. I never got pulled over or anything, and from the calculations of the dudes that did my SARP screening/treatment I was sober by the time I got behind the wheel, so I just didn't understand what the hell I was being charged with.

So during the above time period, you interacted with the police and they didn't worry about you maybe driving drunk. But some chiefs took a stab at math and tried to estimate what your BAC would be and charge you with what is essentially a DUI. Is that about right?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seqenenra posted:

So during the above time period, you interacted with the police and they didn't worry about you maybe driving drunk. But some chiefs took a stab at math and tried to estimate what your BAC would be and charge you with what is essentially a DUI. Is that about right?

Sounds pretty much like the navy

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Seqenenra posted:

Well they did each have almost 20 years of experience individually, culminating into almost 200 years among them. What do police and SARP counselors know?

Oh, AND in their own personal experience they wouldn't have limited their drinks like I did so obviously anyone under Chief is a thoughtless animal.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
While I am happy that your xo didn't roast you, you have probably painted a huge target on your back.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

orange juche posted:

Sounds pretty much like the navy

It's been my experience that when the chiefs don't have any evidence, they'll make it or trick you into providing it.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I don't understand what the chief's mess has to gain from roasting you like that, other than a temporary relief from the existential horror of existence.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MancXVI posted:

I don't understand what the chief's mess has to gain from roasting you like that, other than a temporary relief from the existential horror of existence.

Don't you know they sustain themselves on the steady blood sacrifice of lower enlisted?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

orange juche posted:

Don't you know they sustain themselves on the steady blood sacrifice of lower enlisted?

I get that, but I'm interested in practical answers.

I know MA eval bullets read like "Administered expeditious justice to 158 dumb sailors, resulting in 85 successful Non-Judicial Punishments (NJPs) and 30 courts martial with an involuntary separation rate of 60%, saving the Navy over $600,000 in recovered pay and compensation and providing 100% of the human blood required for the FY14 Chief Selection Board" but do chief FITREPS have numbers like that? Do you get a COM for loving people over?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nah you get an MSM usually as a CMC.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Haha so what's the policy for recalling after hours? They tried to recall some of us for some bs but 4/5 of us had been drinking. It wasn't even a lie we're just all alcoholics. Sure I'll hear about it today. I know you only have one hour to respond to a recall or some poo poo, correct? I think I remember a guy getting written up for not responding fast enough.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

"Unless the Papa flag is flying, gently caress you and I'll see you at mast."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SquirrelyPSU posted:

"Unless the Papa flag is flying, gently caress you and I'll see you at mast."

I don't think they fly signal flags at hospitals.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What's a papa

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Christoff posted:

What's a papa

its the recall flag

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

MancXVI posted:

I'm half convinced pandasmores chiefs are having subic bay-withdrawl symptoms whenever they deal with him.
:chiefsay: He looks like a filipino boy. Why isn't he going down on me right now?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Christoff posted:

Haha so what's the policy for recalling after hours? They tried to recall some of us for some bs but 4/5 of us had been drinking. It wasn't even a lie we're just all alcoholics. Sure I'll hear about it today. I know you only have one hour to respond to a recall or some poo poo, correct? I think I remember a guy getting written up for not responding fast enough.

This was like every week with us for a while. It became a game to see who would get caught sober enough to be called back, culminating in guys chugging 40s in the parking lot before driving home. Of course we weren't clinic corpsmen and didn't, you know, live in the barracks right by work or anything

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
So apparantly the Russian's SU-24 can jam Aegis ships?

http://indian.ruvr.ru/2014_04_21/Russian-Su-24-scores-off-against-the-American-USS-Donald-Cook-5786/

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Also guys. Gals. People...do this survey. Tell the Navy hows u doin and poo poo. Tell 'em how to keep you Navy. Tell them they suck. I don't care. Just get your voice heard:

http://www.dodretention.org/

This is a serious post on a serious forum thread.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Also guys. Gals. People...do this survey. Tell the Navy hows u doin and poo poo. Tell 'em how to keep you Navy. Tell them they suck. I don't care. Just get your voice heard:

http://www.dodretention.org/

This is a serious post on a serious forum thread.

I'm the anti-botnet password that never changes.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

scroogle nmaps posted:

I'm the anti-botnet password that never changes.

Regardless, I felt that they asked the right questions. It took me 15 minutes, and I felt a little better after answering the survey. No :effort: required.

You should do it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

This story is hilariously barefaced nonsense

• Locked thread