Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beanieson posted:

eh.. The school administration asked him to leave, when he refused the officer told him to leave or he'd be arrested. Sounds like he got exactly what he wanted to me :shrug:

e: also, DAD of the year right there I bet your teenaged daughter absolutely loves going to that high school now :jerkbag:

every part of this post is so true

The guy was trying to take over a meeting that had really clear guidelines about public speaking. He was warned a bunch of times, he was offered a lot of options and he insisted on getting arrested. When he finally got his wish, he starts whining about it. Just couldn't jump into that victimhood fast enough. I feel bad for his daughter. I bet he's a real pleasure at family dinners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I wouldn't care either way - charged or not. Does he deserve a charge? Sure, he probably fits the elements of the offence perfectly. Would this be a fine place for a stern talking to and some discretion? Maybe. But I doubt the guy is going to learn anything either way. He's pretty clearly dedicated himself to martyrdom for ~*~his freedoms~*~ so I doubt he'd examine his actions with any reasonable degree of objectivity later.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

JiimyPopAli posted:

But it wouldn't go anywhere. In Canada we even have this:

"Section 43 of the Criminal Code(1) reads as follows:

Every schoolteacher, parent or person standing in the place of a parent is justified in using force by way of correction toward a pupil or child, as the case may be, who is under his care, if the force does not exceed what is reasonable under the circumstances."

This is a fairly controversial law that was used to permit corporal punishment in schools back in the day. It's still on the books, but school boards have rules against teachers slapping kids. In some cases, that's a shame.

Also important: case law has enshrined this section but with limits (IIRC):

1: you have to be "in control" (no rageslaps)
2: no hitting the head
3: kid can't be older than 12 (the worst rule IMO)

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Untagged posted:

We don't get to count OT in our Pensions contributions, health care is not included, and it's only about 50% of our salary. So gently caress you kind of got mine.

You should all be saving like your pension won't be there when you retire just in case though. If it is, :fuckya:.

Mine is the same. Of course, we have a designated contribution plan as opposed to a designated benefit plan, so ours is much more ~*~*free market*~*~ and isn't really much of a burden on taxpayers since they are just sharing the contribution costs and letting the market pay for inflation.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I wish I had the option to opt out of our pension and just have my investment contributions matched but I can't. :(

Oh well. Honestly it isn't that bad. Could have no pension at all.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Somebody call La Migra that picture is full of illegals

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

After serving a tour overseas with American soldiers, sailors and airmen, I have been qualified as an expert witness on the fact that your military is basically Southern Justice in Multicam and slightly heavier trucks

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

You should go have tea somewhere like the Dorchester (if they let Americans in these days, if not you might have to pretend to be a bit more socially acceptable, maybe a Canadian or Somali) or a Parish teahouse in the suburbs.

:swoon:

Tea4Lyfe

You Americans don't know what's up. Iced tea is legit but coffee is disgusting sludge that the earth shits into your cup.

I can't even drink Tim Horton's coffee and that's a goddamn national obligation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

JiimyPopAli posted:

Wazzup up other non-coffee drinking pig. :hfive:

There's about 17 of us in our entire department that don't drink coffee. Tim Horton tea is acceptable, but not the "steeped tea". You also have to make sure that they don't put cream in it instead of milk. Yuck.

ugh that steeped tea is irredeemable sludge as well

large earl grey, two bags two sugars

idgaf if the other pigs make fun of me :dealwithit:

• Locked thread