Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Moktaro posted:

So has anyone made a Gerrard/Bill Buckner analogy yet?
I don't know who that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Eric Cantonese posted:

I think a forfeit goes down as a 3-0 victory for the non-forfeiting side.
It does but there's provisions in the PL rulebook iirc to stop teams from doing it, if a team forfeited for tactical reasons there's about a 99.99999% chance they'd be docked points and fined and kicked out of the league and all that sort of thing.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

I don't think Dzeko speaks Russian lol what a fake story.

100% Natty
weak 'cep game...dyel

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Ian Holloway and Pulis for joint manager of the year. Holloway for bringing in all of those great players and Pulis for getting them to perform.
Holloway for Championship manager of the year, imo.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Hegay posted:

Seems like the sorta thing that might end up in the courts because it would kill the British football pyramid? Also can't the Football League just tell em to gently caress off as the Prem and Football League is two different entities?
The Premier League give a poo poo-ton of money (from the Football League's perspective) to the Football League and always threaten to withhold it if they don't get their own way and therefore always get their own way

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Babby Thatcher posted:

did you see how loving bad Palace's form, and squad, were when Pulis took over? Stoke had a fair few decent players already, Pulis won multiple PL games with Plymouth Argyle rejects on both wings.

Not that Hughes hasn't done well, especially considering they were pretty bad last season, but as soon as Liverpool lost the title Pulis was the only credible winner
Ian Holloway also saved a team from certain relegation this season. In Holloway we trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'd rather be an admin than a tab.

• Locked thread