Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How do I get good at multiplayer? I shoot a guy in the face a dozen times, he turns around, laughs then shoots the little hairs off my leg and I keel over. Where are these super powerful assault rifles that kill people in two hits? I want in on the winners' club.

I really like the dodging and stuff, though - reminds me of Unreal Tournament 99. Really enjoying multiplayer despite me being horrible. Just wish they'd ditch this unlock system. I'll never use sniper rifles, but that's my next unlock. How about unlocking all the SMGs and Assault Rifles first? Because I actually use those!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Now, those guns you get from those supply drops, are they permanent? What's the deal with that Bloodsomethingorother helmet that only lasts 30 minutes? This stuff is confusing and I didn't think I'd ever say that about a Call of Duty game. Keep in mind this is the first modern game I've played since 4, so I'm still catching up.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I made an emblem!

What do you think? Inspiration

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any tips on using the RW1? I really like idea of the gun and I want to pretend I'm Lance Hendriksen from Hard Target while using it, but I'm bad at Call of Duty and I miss with it or it hits but doesn't kill the person and he turns and kills me. What's the maximum range for the one-hit kill for it? What's that knife add-on do? Which add-on should be priority?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Has anyone in this game effectively used the sidearms? I thought I'd give a "sidearm only" thing a go for the heck of it and came to the conclusion that the first two are worthless wastes of points. The RW1 is one-hit kill but if you miss you're pretty much done. The 45 is a single shot SMG so it has all the worse aspects of a SMG without its strengths. RW1 can be good, I guess, but there's absolutely no room for error and on a gamepad I don't think I'll ever be able to use it effectively.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 28, 2014

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The RW1 I'm hit or miss on. Like I said before I'm just bad with the gamepad. Sometimes I get a good run going other times I'm just absolute junk. I've improved a little since I got the red-dot sight. I love playing with SMGs and they all seem to be OK, at least I've done decent with them but the game does seem to favor the heavy hitting weapons more than the rapid-fire ones. Especially so since headshots aren't instant kills (I have to shoot them a couple times in the face with a SMG to kill them).

What's the knife upgrade supposed to do on sidearms?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Shannow posted:

It's also loving excellent for getting 'kill an enemy whilst sliding' medals you need if you're going for camo unlocks.

Yeah, for the life of me I cannot find any videos of someone using the RW1 so I can develop a strategy but someone asking for tips to counter this was at the top of the results.

I'm kind of bummed headshots aren't one-hit-kills. When did that change in the series? I managed to nail a guy in the noggin with my RW1 in one match but because it was outside of the effective range he shrugged it off and killed me while I was reloading. I normally don't give a poo poo if I die or whatever but that was one instance where I called bullcrap.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Like Black Ops 2, AW has very low headshot multipliers. Unlike BLOPS 2, AW's weapons have a much bigger damage drop-off at longer ranges.

Ah. I never played those so I wouldn't know how it stacks up. I played 4 way back when but I can't remember how it handled headshots and the like. I was just kind of jarring to me that I get headshot indicators but the guy still stands. Its been a while since I played Killzone MP but I don't think it was like that in that game.

I finally unlocked the murder knife for the RW1 (boy that was tough) and it's the most fun I've had in multiplayer yet. It's just so freaking silly. Sucks one some maps, though and it's kind of inconsistent but it's just so dumb looking I don't care.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 28, 2014

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Shannow posted:

Er, I pulled off a good number of 1 hit longshots with the basic RW1, so not sure how you managed to get headshot hitmarkers, though I note on the weapon stats chart the neck has a much lower multiplier than the head so maybe you were a fraction too low?

It may be the case. I'm honestly not sure how the numbers worked. I was just griping at how much of a bummer it is when I see the headshot indicator goes off but no dead enemy. I'm sure under the hood the numbers didn't add up to "dead enemy player". Also being gone from the series (and really modern shooters in general) I'm not used to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I just unlocked those dual SMG things.

They're so dumb and fun. I found my new main weapon to use with my pokey knife and handcannon combo. I just wish they gave you more ammo. It's the kind of gun you'd want to dump with but you can't.

• Locked thread