Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Oh is it time already! I have some sketching to do for a new bracket design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Regnevelc posted:

Like Polamalu can catch Bortles at this stage of his career.

Not the thread for discussion really, but this past year Polamalu has returned to form, and he looks even better in the offseason. Still probably a better example for the year 2014.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Your populated bracket!

And a link to the giant version:

http://brandynbold.com/phost/douche-of-the-year-bracket-large.jpg

(My hosting)

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Elotana posted:

Richie Incognito

Yep, Incognito it is! I knew I made him the background of the players section for a reason (it was because his jersey was blue).

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I've already plugged Ray Rice into the bracket as the winner of this matchup. It's ready to upload whenever you want to call it :)

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I don't like Kaep, but my dislike is completely irrational and I assume it's only because I don't like the 9ers.

Jameis Winston is objectively a douche.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

:stare:

I'll allow it. Millitree, please update the bracket to reflect this.

Thy will be done.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I wanted to do a write up on how awful Schiano is, but the best comedic writer already did that.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/4862062/greg-schiano-breaking-madden

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I don't see how Tom Benson isn't winning this in a landslide.

People really hate the Steelers.

Tomlin made a stupid idiotic mistake, but it wasn't a douchey thing. He also rules as a coach, even if you hate the Steelers. What Benson does most certainly is douchey. He is actively screwing people over for his personal gain. And like someone said before, Tomlin's idiotic mistake caused a bunch of awesome gifs and photoshops.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Chichevache posted:

Mistake? So you really don't think there was anything intentional about that? This kind of homerism is why so many of us feel nothing but disdain for the Steelers.

I'm 99% positive it was a mistake. It was an incredibly stupid thing to do, and very unprofessional to be chilling that far in the side lines, but he didn't think "oh man I'm going to stop this guy this will be sweet."

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Chichevache posted:

Well we've covered this a few times since it happened and I still disagree with you, so I guess we have to leave it at that. :shrug:

That's cool. I'm not Tomlin so gently caress if I know it was a intentional or not, and two random internet dudes are not gonna crack the code. I'll even admit to homerism bias.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

The debate going on in this match is a beautiful thing and makes running this thing fun for me.

Everyone is Hitler. 4th Annual Adolf Hitler Hitler of the Year Award. I'll update the bracket with all icons of Hitler and Obama who is Hitler.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

effectual posted:

How much did the refs cost?

Oh boy my favorite argument. :allears:

Anyone who says the refs won the game hasn't watched it recently.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

warcrimes posted:

I'm not.

I'll never forget Hines Ward drawing a 15-yeard roughing penalty with the worst dive I've ever seen in professional football(oh hey, the World Cup is going on) in the SB game with the Cards. While a great argument could be made for him being in the HoF voting and not this, I'm still voting for his lovely, douche rear end.

Also, gently caress the Pittsburgh Rapists.

None of this happened this year. Seriously, isn't the whole point of "of the year" supposed to be for this that happened in the past year. Otherwise we could just vote Ray Lewis or Notre Dame every year.

Anyway Munshnik.

swickles posted:

How many people voting for Ward aren't huge Raven's homers?

Lots of people rightfully hate the Steelers.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 19, 2014

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Nystral posted:

And he did that in the past year? The ONLY argument for Ward's inclusion is "existing". This bracket isn't for lifetime achievement it's for the 2013 NFL Football season in which Hines Ward did what?

gently caress the dude hasn't been relevant for three or four years now. He's bland and milquetoast in his current job. He's forgettable. He's as controversial as beige paint drying.

gently caress this should be a landslide and to prevent "gently caress Hines Ward for being Hines Ward" votes I urge Ben Has a Tiny Weenus to close the round and move on to the next match up.

I would like to urge this, too. Look, if you want him in the bracket for lifetime achievement I'll admit he should be on that bracket. But this is pretty stupid to have him on there for this year.

In fact the only reason he is even on here is because a bunch of people used all their free five votes to vote for him because "he was once a Steeler."

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Chilichimp posted:

I am seriously loving sad that this hasn't come back yet.

I would love to take it on myself, but I work two jobs and would never have time for it :(

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I am not the one who does that. That is the highly talented Militree, so if someone could page him to the thread, that'd be super.

Not to be a downer, but I am traveling a good distance to a funeral in a few hours, and I will be away from computers until Monday or so. It will be not updated for a bit, but once I get to it I will make it good. I did get really behind on it, my b.

Oh and since I still have time, I gotta vote for 12th man

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Back, I'll update the bracket today.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Perhaps I am biased but I must chose Ray Rice. His low suspension is really making it hard for me to stay a fan of the NFL. It gets even worse with the images I quoted. A loving disgrace.

edit: the bracket has finally been updated!

Gnarly Bae Jepsen fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 6, 2014

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Schiano all the drat day.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

This is a tough one but I gotta go with the Dolphins FO

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Oh man, Rick Reilly indeed.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Man, gently caress Ray Rice until the ends of the earth, but there is none douchier than Incognito

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Yep, definitely Incognito

e: and me for not updating the bracket.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Paging Militree to the thread- update the bracket to show the finals and then let's have a massive goons storm of tweets to Rovell wishing him luck in the finals. Him responding would be icing on the cake that is this tournament.

I've been real bad at this this year, sorry. I'll update it at lunch.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

As the dude in charge, I'll just make a decision here. The official hashtag will be:

#TFFDotY2014

I'd prefer to keep the word Douche out of it to increase the likelihood of him clicking on a linked picture.

Also I updated the bracket. Having two jobs can be a bitch.

Can I vote for Ray Rice? No? I gotta vote for Incognito then.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Just in time. Awesome.

Thanks for all of your help.

One last request: Can you PM me one with each possible winner? That way the twitter bombing can commence as soon as the tourney ends.

Sure. I'll have to PM you tomorrow tho.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

If I catch that, I'll discount their vote altogether. Cheaters are douchebags.

But yeah, this has triple the turnout of any other match it seems. I'll be closing things up this afternoon.

I'll have both completed brackets to you at lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

[b]Current Bracket

Bracket all finished!

• Locked thread