Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Welcome to the recruiting thread for the Pathfinder Adventure Path, The Mummy's Mask.

I know Pathfinder isn't very popular on these forums and we're not here to argue the pros or cons of the system. Instead we're here to get through some quality content.

I'm looking for 4 players who can post regularly. One of the benefits of Pathfinder is that combat isn't a slug fest, so expect combat to go fast.

The Mummy's Mask is set in Osirion, which is basically the ancient Egypt of Golarion.

Character Creation

Level: 1 (The APs are designed to take you from level 1 to 20 or close to 20 to experience all tiers of play).
Available Sources: Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Guide Playtest, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat, People of the Sands, and Osirion, Land of Pharaohs (If there's resource material you really want access to, let me know).
Point Buy: High Fantasy, 20 points.
Starting Gold: 150.
Traits: 2
Drawbacks: 0 (I don't like the Drawback system, so no Drawbacks).

Another great resource is the Mummy's Mask Player's Guide (It's free, so no reason not to get it).

Storyline

quote:

Over 2000 years ago the city of Wati was overcome by the Plague of Madness. More than half the city's population died during the plague, leaving the city as a literal ghost town.

450 years later the church of Pharasma returned to Wati and established a new temple in the city's ruins called the Grand Mausoleum. Walling off much of the original city, the Pharasmins transformed the abandoned settlement into an necropolis, consecrating it in honor of the city's dead.

Over the next 1700 years people slowly returned to rebuild a new city adjacent to the old one, and today the living city of Wati is more than three times the size of the old city.

Seven years ago, Pharaoh Khemet III, the Ruby Prince, formally opened Osirion's ancient tombs and burial sites to foreign explorers. Khemet III understood that adventurers who've traveled great distances in search of treasure typically do not return from whence they came to sell their discoveries.

The Ruby Prince's policy has attracted not only explorers to the desert nation of Osirion, but also countless scholars, private collectors, special interest groups, and religious interests from all across the Inner Sea.

Unlike many of Osirion's tombs and graveyards, however, the necropolis of Wati has remained largely untouched, in no small part because of local taboos and the protection of the Grand Mausoleum's priest.

But now Khemet III has ordered the local authorities and the church of Pharasma to open Wati's necropolis to exploration for the purpose of discovery, study, and economic stimulus. Who knows what treasures lay inside the half-dead city...
This Adventure Path is designed to be half Indiana Jones and half Mummy Returns. You'll need to find a reason why your characters have come to Wati to explore it's tombs, and why you're all working together. Your adventuring party will need a name also to register with the Church of Pharasma.

There's also a ton of Orision Lore to explore, so someone with decent Knowledge skills will get a lot out of the campaign.

Contact me
I've got PMs and I'll be in #SAMummysMask.

Rolling
We can use Orokos for now. The dude who developed and maintains Orokos will be adding Pathfinder support in the future, but for now you can just enter your rolls manually. I know it's a little bit of a pain in the rear end, but it's better than nothing.

Character Generator
Hero Lab has a demo offering for Pathfinder. It won't let you save the character, but it'll give you an idea of where you're going. I love Hero Lab as it has a lot of additional features (You can actually output XML files and import them into Maptools, or generate BBcode statblocks for pbp games) but I know it costs money, and some people can't afford it. Like I said, the demo version is great just to get an idea of what your making.

Korlac fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

NG outsider (native)
Tiefling female wizard (universalist, scroll scholar) 1

Str 10 (0)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 18 (+4)
Wis 10 (0)
Cha 8 (-1)

Initiative +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Senses 60 ft darkvision

Speed 30 ft

HP 9 (D6 HD, +2 Con, +1 favoured class bonus)
AC 13 (+3 Dex), flat-footed 10, touch 13
Fortitude +2 (+2 Con)
Reflex +3 (+3 Dex)
Will +2 (+2 class bonus)
Resistances Fire, cold, and electricity 5

Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
Melee quarterstaff +0 (1d6)
Spell-Like Abilities: darkness 1/day (CL 1)
Spells Prepared (CL 1st; Concentration +7; Save DC 14 + spell level; 3/2): 0-detect magic, read magic, acid splash; 1-sleep, mage armor

Skills: Appraise +7 (+3 familiar bonus, +4 Int), Fly +7 (+3 Dex, +4 racial), Knowledge (arcana) +9 (+1 diligent student bonus, +3 class skill, +1 skill rank, +4 Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering, history, nobility) +8 (+3 class skill, +1 skill rank, +4 Int), Linguistics +8 (+3 class skill, +1 skill rank, +4 Int), Spellcraft +8 (+3 class skill, +1 skill rank, +4 Int)
Feats: Improved Initiative, Scribe Scroll (B)
Traits: Focused Mind (+2 trait bonus to concentration checks), Sphinx Riddler (+1 to Bluff and Diplomacy checks against sphinxes, +1 to any skill checks to resolve a puzzle or riddle)
Special Qualities: Arcane Bond (raven), Diligent Student, Prehensile Tail, Vestigial Wings

BAB +0; CMB 0; CMD 13 (+3 Dex bonus)

Diligent Student (Ex): Aspexia adds half her wizard class level to all Knowledge (arcana) checks.

Prehensile Tail (Ex): As a swift action, Aspexia may use her flexible tail to draw and hold (but not use) a small object stored on her person.

Vestigial Wings (Ex): Aspexia has a pair of vestigial wings covered in red to ash black raven feathers. They are too small and twisted to allow her to fly unaided, instead providing her a +4 racial bonus on Fly checks.

Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Halfling, Infernal, Osirian, Sphinx

Spellbook: 0-all common cantrips; 1-color spray, enlarge person, grease, identify, magic missile, mage armor, sleep

Equipment: light crossbow, 20 bolts, quarterstaff, spellbook, hot weather clothing, mwk backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, inkpen, 5 bottles of ink, journal, mess kit, soap, spell component pouch, sunrods (x2), trail rations (3 days), 2 vials, waterskin, 65 gp

Point Buy: 10 points to Int, 5 to Dex, 5 to Con

89 years old, 6'1", 110 lbs

Aspexia was born to a minor branch of the Thrune house in 4622 AR. Daughter to a minor noble, useful as nothing other than a political bargaining chip and infernal fodder, Aspexia was shipped off to an academy in Westcrown. At Mistress Thirabel's Academy For Women of Quality, Aspexia was expected to learn the rules of noble life and minor magics - nothing dangerous or unseemly, but enough to prove her worth to whoever she was to be married off to. Aspexia had other ideas, spending most of her time in the library tracking down fables of rebellion and adventure: old drafts, marginalia, ephemera the Mistress would certainly not approve of. Eventually, the wizard began clandestinely sneaking out to visit rebels' rallies in the streets of Westcrown, learning about Milani's gift of hope and the everburning spark of rebellion. One night, she was almost caught by the shadowbeasts stalking Westcrown's streets, word of her dabbling getting out to the Mistress; Aspexia packed what bags she could and fled Cheliax, heading for Absalom and the Pathfinder Society.

Aspexia has no skill for speeches or martial battle, no gift she herself can give to a rebellion in Cheliax and the dismantling of the Asmodean regime. Instead, she has put herself among the Pathfinders to discover old lore and hidden treasures, to recover power for herself, and to hopefully return to her home nation some day with arcane power to back the coming rebellion. Distressed by the atrocities she had seen in Cheliax, Aspexia has stayed apart from the Chelaxians in the Pathfinder Society, instead throwing her lot in with the Scrolls and a single-minded devotion to the acquisition of knowledge and new information. When the call went out for adventurers to journey to Osirian, Aspexia was quick to sign up. First, it was a chance to prove herself and her skills - she was not going to gather what she wanted inside the walls of Absalom itself. Second, Osirian was a land rich in ruins and mysteries, ripe for the taking. And third, Osirian itself had undergone a rebellion like the one Aspexia sought. While Milani herself may not have been involved, the stories and lessons of the rebellion a hundred years ago were still accessible. Aspexia is determined to find what inspiration she can in this moment of history - before the door closes forever.

On the boat to Wati, Aspexia can't help but think of possible names for their group. The Company of Revelations? The Adventuring Jackals? Whatever they choose, the journey to come would be interesting - and she would be there for every minute of it.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 11, 2014

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
Could I use the Lore Warden archetype from the Pathfinder Society Field Guide?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Probably a rogue-type or cleric. I have some questions, so I'll probably wander on IRC tomorrow before coming to any decisions.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Monk or synthesist summoner flavored as a monk

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Tigi "Twig"

Tigi, affectionately called "Twig" by her companions, has always heard voices. Not the quiet ones, nor is she shy about talking back. In fact, she's prone to longer discussions. She once spent nearly a year in apparent conversation with an old elm, and it's not far from the truth to say that she's considered odd even by most elves. She sees further in the dark than she should, hears what she shouldn't, and has an uncanny knack with the bow. Her parents would have been worried, but she displayed a reasonable aptitude with magic, and so relieved they shuffled her off to the Lorekeepers. Her magic, the hint of the divine, is one of the few normal things about her and was her ticket into an exclusive and somewhat austere sisterhood. As things of wood and root are alive for her, books are a natural and soothing companion. In the great libraries of her homeland, if a scholar stops to talk with thin air, it's easy to write it off as simply preparing a lecture. Sheltered, she learned to control her gifts, if not her curiosity. That curiosity and her magics have drawn her to Osirion, and now she and her companions await the opening of the Necropolis. There is so much to learn here, in this land of sand and sun, so different from her home. She clutches her ticket, and worries at the loose robes as she listens for the lottery to finish.

Tigi "Twig"
Female Elf Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) 1
CG Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 8 (1d8)
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +1
Immune blindness, dazzled
Weakness oracle's curses (haunted), light sensitivity
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee longsword +2 (1d8+2/19-20)
Ranged longbow +4 (1d8/×3)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +4)
. . At will—light
Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +4):
1st (4/day)—cure light wounds, obscuring mist, summon monster i
0 (at will)—create water, detect magic, ghost sound (DC 13), mage hand, mending, spark (DC 13)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 15
Feats Point-Blank Shot
Traits dangerously curious, sphinx riddler
Skills Diplomacy +7, Heal +3, Knowledge (arcana) +5, Perception +1, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Device +8; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception; Trait Modifiers +1 Bluff and Diplomacy vs sphinxes, +1 any vs puzzle/riddle.
Languages Common, Elven, Sphinx
SQ elven lore, weapon familiarity, lightbringer, mysteries (mystery [wood]), revelations (wood bond)
Other Gear hot weather outfit, kikko armor, heavy wooden shield, arrows (40), blunt arrows (20), flight arrows (20), longbow, longsword, grappling arrow (5), oracle's kit, 3 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) (Darkvision) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Elven Lore +0 Add half oracle level to Knowledge checks about elves.
Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
Immunity to Blindness You are immune to blindness.
Immunity to Dazzled You are immune to the dazzled condition.
Light Sensitivity (Ex) Dazzled as long as remain in bright light.
Lightbringer +1 effective level for [Light] spells and light-based abilities (including spell-like and supernatural abilities).
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Sphinx Riddler +1 trait bonus to bluff/diplomacy vs sphinxes, +1 trait any skill check to decipher a puzzle or riddle.
Wood Bond +1 (Ex) You gain a +1 competence bonus on attack rolls when wielding a weapon made of or mostly consisting of wood (such as a bow, club, quarterstaff, or spear). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter.

Anias fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 8, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I'm making a Maximum Dwarf, because what epic campaign is complete without one? I'm going off the Pathfinder SRD, so lemme know if any of the stuff isn't kosher.

Name: Fergus Ironfist

Race: Dwarf

Alignment: Chaotic Good (allowed on account of my class being somewhat reflavored)

Deity: Hanseath, Dwarven god of war, carousing, and alcohol (and of the festive side of Dwarven culture in general)

Class: Monk of the Empty Hand (Important: Paizo's creative director forgot to mention, this variant automatically has the benefit of Catch Off-Guard.)

Attributes:

Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 8 (-1)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Cha: 6 (-2)

Favored class bonus (I'll be taking the same each level): Reduce the Hardness of any object made of clay, stone, or metal by 1 whenever the object is struck by the monk's unarmed strike (minimum of 0). (Dwarf unique FCB)

HP: 10
Fort/Ref/Will: 4/5/4 (+2 vs. spells, SLAs, and poison)
BAB: +0 (+1 when flurrying)
CMD: 16 (+4 vs. bull rushes or trips while on the ground)
AC: 15 (+4 vs. Giants)

Skills:

Acrobatics: 4
Perception: 3 (+2 for unusual stonework)
Climb: 4
Everything else: ability mod

Feats:

Blind-Fight
Throw Anything (Monk Bonus)

Traits:
Dockside Brawler: +1 damage with improvised weapons (I'll forgo the brass knuckles, and drop the narrative portion of the description in favor of my own stuff)
Improvisational Equipment: Improvisation penalties for tools reduced by 2.

Attack statistics:

Flurry: +2/+2, can be used with improvised weapons. 1d6+3 (unarmed or non-light weapon), 1d4+3 (light weapon), 1d2+3 (Thrown; I'm assuming that improvised thrown weapons deal the same damage as shuriken, the one weapon with which Monk of the Empty Hand is proficient with, though I'm sure exceptions may occur due to exceptional size or lethality)

Stunning Fist: Once per day, DC 12, usable during flurry.

Inventory:

Climbing Kit, Cooking Kit, Common Dungeoneering Kit, Fishing Kit, Survival Kit, Bedroll, Blanket, Medium Tent, Dwarven Rations (seven days), Crowbar, Grappling Hook, Deck of Cards, Pair of Dice, Hot Weather Outfit, Backpack, Belt Pouch, Cask of Dwarven Stout (price calculated from list price of 1/2 lb. portion extrapolated to cask's weight of 16 lbs.)

Remaining money: 1 gp, 4 sp, 2 cp

Background:

Fergus Ironfist has always survived by his wits. Using anything handy, he fights his way out of any scrap he finds himself in, usually by the hair of his beard. His inventiveness serves Fergus especially well in combat, he's adept at exploiting openings in an enemy's guard to leave them reeling. While a generally well-meaning, if surly, fellow, his penchant for bar fights has recently required him to take leave of his latest town of residence, after the mayor's spoiled son returned home with three fewer teeth. When he heard that the legendary necropolis of Wati was open to exploration, he immediately set off to search for treasure, and perhaps ask what "necropolis" means. He carries an assortment of handy items with him, both to survive in the wilderness and to handle unforeseen obstacles. He made sure to pick up dungeon-delving supplies for this latest journey, along with a cask of strong Dwarven beer, in case the local pubs don't carry the wonderful brew. Fergus checked into the cheapest inn he could find in Wati two days ago, and is now looking for fellow adventurous types in need of some extra muscle. He gets along well enough with just about anyone, though he's quick to poke fun at Elves and their often preening, haughty demeanor (something he has in common with most Dwarves). He won't associate with anyone of particularly absent morals, but he obviously has no compunctions regarding excessive force. When the topic of naming the adventuring party comes up, he proposes "The Dangerous Delvers", after his first idea, "The Bearded Brawlers", proves too tough a sell.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 6, 2014

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Egregious Offences posted:

Could I use the Lore Warden archetype from the Pathfinder Society Field Guide?

Yeah, this will be fine.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I might app for this. If I do I'll likely be a cleric/Ranger multiclass undead Hunter.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I built a barbarian last night, I think.

Yaaay Pathfinder.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Building a Sorcerer for this. I am planning to go for a Dragon Disciple/Melee Touch Attack build so don't count me as a real spellcaster. :colbert: Though I will probably have a few utility spells eventually.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Monk or synthesist summoner flavored as a monk

One of my (many) theoretical builds has been a Pokemon themed Summoner, but I figured the end concept might be too annoying for other players.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Zoser: "The purpose of the assignment request is two-fold. His Highness, Khemet III, has opened the necropolis, if not I would not even ask. He has, and I feel called to reclaim our heritage and gain control over these shadowy crypts. We need to know what is inside these crypts, both in terms of that which may benefit our civilization and in terms of that which may endanger it. And of equal importance are the relics which we may recover. If I am heading an expedition I can make sure that any holy items or treasures that rightfully belong with the temple or the Emperor are returned directly instead of sold and then offered back to us at ten times the price. Please allow me to serve Osirion and Abadar and approve my request your Grace."

High Priest Omare: "Yes, yes. My assistants have advised me of your repeated requests and inquiries as to the matter. I've read your analysis. You have my permission and my blessing for a leave of absence from your duties at the temple to enter the lottery. Nevertheless, understand that this is a provisional undertaking and that we may call for your return at any time. You will also be responsible for finding and recruiting adventurers to guide and accompany you. I am not yet sure that this is a fully necessary expenditure of our resources and must therefore deny your request to be accompanied by temple guards or paladins. Convince me Zoser and I may change my mind, if not then we will forget this ever happened and you will return to your duties here...

Zoser exited the office of the High Priest and exhaled a sigh of relief as the door closed shut. He'd been working his way up the food chain for months trying to get approval for this excursion. His desires were mostly pure, he was devoted to Abadar and the empire and he did believe that the church should back expeditions itself for the very reasons he outlined. However he had an ulterior motive as well.

When Zoser was a child his grandfather had told him stories of his ancestors. He had recited the lineage of their family. It seemed to stretch and stretch, all the way back to the Pharaohs of ancient times. Zoser was enthralled by his grandfather's words. He did his best to memorize the stories and the lineage. To him they were sacred gifts, evidence of his noble birthright. Unfortunately, Zoser's parents and the rest of his clan dismissed the legends as fairy tales and advised Zoser to forget about them. He quickly learned not to bring it up at home or with those he met as he grew older. He kept searching though. That was one of his original reasons for joining the clergy though he has since become a true believer. He wanted access to the records. He searched and searched, but there was a missing link he was unable to confirm. After years of fruitless searching, he lost hope and began to believe his clan was right.

Then his Highness, Khemet III, opened the crypts. Adventurers began to enter the crypts and exit with treasures, artifacts, and stories both new and ancient. Information that had otherwise been lost to time was being rediscovered. It re-lit the flame in his heart, and he knew that what he sought lay in the necropolis...

Name suggestion: The Ring of Keys

pre:
Name: Zoser

Race: Garundi

Class: Cleric of Abadar
Domains: Nobility and Defense

Attributes:

Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 12 (+1)
Con: 12 (-1)
Int: 12 (+1)
Wis: 17 (+4)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Favored class bonus: +1 skill point

HP:  12/12
Fort/Ref/Will: 4/2/6
BAB: +0
CMD: 13 
AC:  18
Speed: 40 / 30 with armor
Skills:

Appraise:        5
Diplomacy:       5
Heal:            8 
Know (Nobility): 5
Know (Religion): 5

Languages:
Common
Osiriani
Ancient Osiriani

Feats:

Combat Casting
Toughness

Traits:
Blood of the Pharaohs
Friends in High Places

Attack statistics:

Light Crossbow: +1 1d8 19-20 x2 Piercing
Morningstar: +2 1d8+2 x2 Bludgeoning/Piercing
Shield bash: -2 1d4+2 x2 Bludgeoning

Spells prepared:
Orisons:
Create water
Light
Read magic
1st Level:
Bless
Divine Favor
Detect Undead

Inventory:

Scale Mail, Heavy Steel Shield, Light Crossbow, Morningstar, Backpack, Clerical Vestments, 
Bedroll, Holy Symbol of Abadar (Silver), Hooded Lantern, 20 pints of Oil, 
50-feet of Rope, 6-days Trail Rations, and a Waterskin.

Remaining money: 3 sp

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 8, 2014

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Edit: Okay I think this character is finished, hope I didn't miss anything!

pre:

Queenie, Changeling Sorcerer
Chaotic Neutral

"Wot?"

Queenie was born in rather unique circumstances, even for a changeling. The half-bred daughters of Hags, 
  most changelings are raised as orphans; Queenie was raised by her mother, but more oddly, her father as  
  well in a two-parent household, albeit a rather dysfunctional one. Born to an Annis Hag and a half-dragon
  paladin of Shelyn, her parents found a rather unusual love. Queenie was born in the Mushfen of Varisia,
  and lived the earliest years of her life there, before her parents moved to Kaer Maga.

Queenie grew up relatively poor in a rather rough city. Being a little slow, she never picked up much in
  the way of street skills, but she certainly learned how to come out on top in a fight, and her hag lineage
  served her well in the odd street scuffle. As she grew into adulthood she discovered her latent talents 
  for magic and a desire to leave home and explore the world. With nary a word to her family, Queenie slipped
  out of her home under cover of night and went out into the world.

It's been a few years since Queenie left home. She has explored parts of Varisia, spent time sailing the
  seas with pirates, and now finds herself in Osirion, more or less as a tourist. But travel, being the 
  expensive thing that it is, necessitates a substantial source of income - which Queenie traditionally
  does not possess. With modest talent at Sorcery and decent skill at fighting with her claws, she naturally
  finds herself in the position of sellsword more often than not.

STR  16  /+3
DEX  14  /+2
CON  12  /+1
INT  07  /-2
WIS  11  /+0
CHA  16  /+3

Base Speed 30ft
Languages: Common

HP: 7/7

Defenses:
  -Saves - F1/R2/W2
  -AC - 13 (17 with Shield or Mage Armor, 21 with both)
  -HP - 7/7

Attacks:
  -BAB - +0
  -Claw / Claw - 1d4+5 / 1d4+5 at +4 attack bonus

Background traits:
  Magical Lineage (Chill Touch)
  Gifted Adept (Chill Touch)

Racial traits:
  Natural Armor - +1 Natural Armor bonus
  Claws - Two claw attacks, 1d4 points of damage each
  Darkvision - See perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
  Hulking Changeling - +1 Racial Bonus on Melee Damage

Class traits:
  Draconic Bloodline: Silver
  Bloodline Arcana: Cold - When casting cold spells, add 1 point of damage per die rolled
  Bloodline Powers: Claws - Gain claws as a free action for 3+cha rounds. Useless for now.

Feats:
  Mother's Gift (Changeling)
    Hag Claws - +1 bonus on Attack and Damage rolls with claws.

Skills:
  Knowledge: Arcana - R1 / -1 

Spells:
  Cantrips:
    Touch of Fatigue, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation

First Level:
    Chill Touch, Shield 

Equipment:
  Outfit, Hot Weather - +2 to fortitude saves vs hot weather
  Common Backpack
   Bedroll
   Blanket
   Whistle, Signal
   Sunrod x5
   Trail Rations, 10 days
   Scroll of Mage Armor x4 (100gp)
   The Cap'n - This small dog lives in Queenie's pack. She claims that the dog is actually a famous pirate, 
    but this may not be factually accurate. For what it's worth, the dog carries itself with the swagger of 
    a real pirate, but when combat comes around he prefers to hide and bark encouragement to his allies.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 12, 2014

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Magus coming at some point.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 6, 2014

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Are you allowing the psionic stuff on the SRD?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur, Dwarf Barbarian

"The Necropolis, a foul place, full of undead and other unpleasantness. Why do you want to go there? You may not come out alive if you do...." The dwarf you are speaking too is strange in this city of desert folk. For he stands shorter than most, and he does have a beard, but he doesn't seem very dwarfish. Except for his large hammer, of course. His skin is dark and his beard black and short, but you feel that inner strenghth of one who can handle himself in a fight if need be.

You are standing the the courtyard of the Church of Pharasma, negotiating for a guide to help explore the Necropolis.

"I am Akamur, if you wish to explore I would happily take you to some of our pharoh's tombs, why the tomb of Khemet I was found not a few months ago, and the potential for treasure is still very high. I know Khemet III has demanded the Necropolis be opened to filthy foreigners but that does not mean you have to explore there. Let me show you some of our other adveterous tombs..... No? Very well then, I will take you. However know this, the Pharasma guides have not explored the necropolis since Khemet's decree, and I cannot help you once we are inside. It will be new to me as well."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, poo poo, a Korlac game.

Raziya Redalley
Female Human Bard (Archaeologist archetype). Half-Garundi/half-Keleshite archaeologist, explorer, troublemaker, and skill monkey.

"Let me guess, you've been pulled by the lotto and are headed into the tombs, right?" Raziya leaned back in the chair she'd been occupying every night for the last couple weeks, propping her feet up on the table. She regarded the group with a look, trying very hard to look impartial and mildly unimpressed. "Your funeral." With a practiced scoff and eye roll, she dismissed this group of heavily-armed foreigners. What was less-practiced was the frantic backpedaling as she saw their mood sour. "Look, hey, I'm sure you're all very good at stabbing monsters and, ah... people with those pointy bars of metal. But you need more than just strength if you wanna survive. You need brains." And that one, they took as an insult to their intelligence. Oh, this was going just swimmingly.

"Wait! Wait waitwaitwait, wait. I misspoke, let me rephrase." Oh, gods, please don't kill me. The woman scrambled to her feet as they circled her, chair clattering noisily on the stone floor. "What I mean is that you need someone who's experienced with Osirian architecture. Someone who can read the glyphs, decipher the maps, and, more importantly, get you past the traps." They lowered their weapons, slightly, and Raziya took that as as much of a sign of approval as she was going to get. "You know about the traps, right? Rolling boulders that crush you flat, brittle floors that drop you into pits full of snakes, flesh-eating beetles hidden in gems. I'm sure you've all seen that all before dozens of times. ...you haven't?" No one had answered her rhetorical question, but they hadn't stopped her either. "Oh, boy. Well, lucky for you, you've got me. Raziya Redalley, archaeologist and expert treasure hunte-"

"No, I am not a thief, everything I do is perfectly legal. Wait, wait, come back! I mean yes, yes I am a thief! And a burglar, scoundrel and vagabond, to boot." In the back of her mind, Raziya wondered if she'd said that last bit too loud. "And lucky for you, I'm for hire. All I ask is an equal share of the treasure and exclusive publishing rights in perpetuity. That's fair, right?"

Forcing a wide grin, she held out her hand palm-up, which was supposed to be some symbol of partnership in the West? Something like that. "What do you say? Need yourselves an arrr I mean a rogue?"

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 6, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Alora

Watching your elven mother and human father, both former adventurers in their own right, ripped apart in front of you by an undead horde while you grip your young brother to your chest would have an impact on just about any 14 year old, and Alora was no different. Whisked away in the back of of the last besieged wagon leaving town, Alora didn't have quite as much time to come to terms with as she should have. Left alone with a 4 year old younger brother in a large city and knowing anyone, the young lady had to focus first on survival. After a few weeks the young girl found a small farm run by a cousin of her father, who took Alora and her younger brother in.

Even though she was safe and sound, Alora kept finding herself haunted by the visions of her mother and father, fighting side by side, trying to hold back the attacking zombies long enough for her to escape. After months of no rest, Alora made a promise to herself, that if she could help it, no other child would have to suffer the fate she had. Stealing away from her distant relatives in the middle of the night, and abandoning her younger brother in their care, Alora went to find those who could help her.

It took longer than she would like, but Alora eventually found a small monastery run by a small organization called "The Hunters". The Hunters were a loose coalition of paladins, clerics, and others who band together in their shared desire to fight the undead and those who engage with them. Seven years of training under retired undead hunters and eventually they kicked her out; not that her presence was unwelcome, but that they have taught her all they could. The Hunters were concerned about getting people out into the field, all the training in the world doesn't help if you don't use it.

Heading to Wati was a no brainer, an ancient necropolis left untouched for thousands of years filled by the dead created by a horrible plague? It was a given that undead would be there, and opening it to adventurers would only risk hordes of undead flooding the city, So she headed to Wati, and it took little time at all to find a group of adventurers more than willing to bring along someone dedicated to killing the undead.

Okay there is the start of my ranger/cleric undead hunter. If she sees level 2 then I'm going to multiclass into cleric.

Tigi "Twig"
Female half-Elf Ranger 1
CG Medium humanoid (half-elf)
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (+4 armor, +2 shield +3 Dex)
hp 8 (1d8)
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +2
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee +4
-hand axe
-light hammer
Ranged +4
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 16, Con12, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 9
Base Atk +1; CMB ; CMD
Feats Weapon Finesse
Traits Called, Tireless Avenger
Skills Knowledge (dungeoneering)+5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Knowledge (religion)+2, Stealth +7,
Perception +8, spellcraft +5, Handle animal +3, Survival +6
Languages Common, Elven, Necril
SQ
Gear
-armored coat
-shield, heavy wooden
-light mace
-hand axe
-50 ft silk rope
-bullseye lantern
-explorer's outfit
-silver holy symbol (Hunter symbol)
-25 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Favored Enemy (undead)
Track
wild empathy
Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Adaptability: Half-elves receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.
-Favored class 1-ranger: Add +1 skill rank to the ranger's animal companion. If the ranger ever replaces his companion, the new companion gains these bonus skill ranks.
-favored class 2-Cleric: Add +1/3 to the amount of damage dealt or damage healed when the cleric uses channel energy.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Orcbert Ironstein

Orcbert Ironstein was born to wealthy human and half-orc parents in [city]. His parents' vast monetary resources bought him the best alchemy and science tutors in the land. Inquistive and calculating, but easily distracted and perhaps a little mad.

Orcbert has traveled far to join the expeditions into the old city, hoping to find dormant leftovers of the plague to convert into a miracle cure for every disease on the planet.

:effort:

pre:
Orcbert Ironstein
Half-orc Alchemist 1
(Favored Class: +1 Skill Rank)
Chaotic Neutral

HP:    8/8
AC:    11 (Base 10 + Dex 1)
Fort:  +2 (Base 2 + Con 0)
Refl:  +3 (Base 2 + Dex 1)
Will:  +1 (Base 0 + Wis 0 + Trait 1)

BAB:   +0
MAB:   +0
RAB:   +1

CMB:   +1   
CMD:   11

Init:  +7
Speed: 30 feet
Size:  Medium
Languages: Common, Orc, Abyssal, Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, and Goblin

Str    10  +0     10    (+0) 
Dex    12  +0     12    (+1) 
Con    11  +0     11    (+0) 
Int    18  +2     20    (+5) (+2 racial)
Wis    10  +0     10    (+0) 
Cha    10  +0     10    (+0) 

Skills (10)             Ranks    Stats    Bonus    Total
Craft (Alchemy)            1        5        3        9
Knowledge (Arcana)         1        5        3        9
Knowledge (Dungeoneering)  1        5        0        6
Knowledge (Engineering)    1        5        0        6
Knowledge (Geography)      1        5        0        6
Knowledge (History)        1        5        0        6
Knowledge (Local)          1        5        0        6
Knowledge (Nature)         1        5        3        9
Knowledge (Planes)         1        5        0        6
Spellcraft                 1        5        3        9

Traits/Racial Traits
Reactionary: +2 init
Legacy of Sand: +1 Will
Darkvision: See in the dark up to 60 ft.

Class Features
Mutagen
Bomb 1d6

Extracts Known
Level 1 (DC 15): Endure Elements, Comprehend Languages, Expeditious Retreat, Identify,
	Jump, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Secret Doors

Extracts per Day
Level 1: 3

Feats
Bonus:   Brew Potion
Bonus:   Throw Anything
Level 1: Improved Initiative

Gear (30/33 lbs)
Light crossbow
	1d8 P, 19-20/x2, 80 ft
	20 bolts
Alchemist's kit
23 gp

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 11, 2014

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

pre:
Name: Zoroaster
Race: Elf
Class: Magus 
God: Sarenrae
Alignment:CG

Attributes:
Str: 11 (+0)
Dex: 19 (+4)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 7  (-2)

Favored class bonus: +1/6 Magus Arcana

HP:  9/9
Fort/Ref/Will: 3/4/2
BAB: +0
CMD: 14 
AC:  18 (10 + 4 Dex + 4 Chain Shirt)
Speed: 30
Init: +4

Skills:
Concentration: +6
Spellcraft: +7
Appraise: +9
Know (Dungeoneering): +7
Know (arcana): +7
Fly: +8
Perform (Dance): -1
Perception: +2

Languages:
Common, Elven, Celestial, Draconic, Osirion

Feats:
Weapon Finesse

Traits:
Foreign Opportunist
Magical Lineage (Shocking Grasp)

Class Features:
Arcane pool: 4

Racial:
Elven Immunities, Keen Senses, Low Light Vision
Elven Magic, Arcane Focus

Spells Known
Level 1: Shocking Grasp, Colour Spray, Shield, True Strike, Grease, Unerring Weapon

Spells Active
Level 0: Disrupt Undead, Daze, Detect Magic, Light
Level 1: Shocking Grasp, Colour Spray

Attack statistics:
Scimitar: +4 (1d6/18-20x2)
Spell Combat Scimitar: +2 (1d6/18-20x2)
Spell Combat Shocking Grasp: +2 Touch (1d6/x2)

Inventory:
Chain Shirt, Scimitar
Magus Kit (everything in the magus kit is in the backpack and is ready to be dropped)
Outfit, Hot Weather - +2 to fortitude saves vs hot weather
13gp
Background:
Glory is mostly a matter of being the person at the end of the story who sticks around to tell the tale. That is perhaps the lofty aspiration of Zoroaster even since he managed to grudgingly accept that the wizard's college was not for him. Hailing from the city of Magnimar he was much more confident in his abilities to siphon off the plunders and successes of others. A brash display of magic can scare about the various carrions of the lower city and allow him to take the spoils of conflict. At a certain point it occurred to him that this path offered little in the way of upper wards momentum in his career. Still his skillset was rather specific and closest comparison, tomb robbing, often resulted in a much greater danger. The news from Osirion of a large scale 'exploration' of the old tombs was extremely tempting. Safety in numbers, public support and very little chance of some ancient evil lurking below the surface. I mean not every tomb would overrun with undead. He just had to play the numbers game.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 6, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Karis Silvereye

Having joined the Crimson Eagles mercenary company as soon as he came of age, Karis has a lust for adventure, and experiencing the tales that come along with them. Employed as the company's standard bearer, he typically stood by the captain as they travelled to various places, serving as the rally point. Of course, that all came to an end on one contract gone bad in Katapesh and the company's forced retreat north into Osirian. The company eventually breaking into smaller and small groups, he was forced to take shelter one night in some ruins along with two others. When they decided to have a look around in the evening, they discovered something. All he knows is that there was some sort of release of spirits, and he saw one companion sucked into the shifting sands, while the fate of the other he never found out. He himself felt some sort of cool sensation from some force or another, but some aspect of his heritage resisted it. He's still not sure what it was, but wasn't about to stick around at the time to find out. Staggering his way through the desert until he finally came across a town, he spent over a month recovering, at which point he was able to offer his services again as a guard, in order to pay his living wages as well as work up a fund to get to the Wati.

Spending the last year in Now having heard Khemet III's decree, he's been busy collecting the funds to equip himself for a more thorough exploration of the many ruins and necropoli dotting the country. Where there was one ruin like that, there were likely others, possibly connected. Having a desire to learn more about what happened a year ago, as well as wanting a first-hand seat to the inevitable tales that would ensue, Karis is now finished with all these temporary jobs and is ready to go travelling again. Having come across a group of like-minded sorts, he's now preparing for a more deliberate exploration of Osirian's many buried secrets.

pre:
Name:      Karis Silvereye
Race:      Aasimar(Angel-Blooded)
Deity:     Sarenrae
Class:     Crusader(Standard Bearer) 1
Alignment: NG

Str    16(+3)
Dex    14(+2) 
Con    14(+2) 
Int    12(+1) 
Wis    10(+0) 
Cha    15(+2)

Favored Class Bonus(Bard): Nothing, at the moment

HP:    12/12
AC:    18 (Base 10 + Dex 2 + Armor 4 + Shield 2)
Fort:  +4(Base 2 + Con 2)
Refl:  +2(Base 0 + Dex 2)
Will:  +0(Base 2 + Wis 0)
 +2 bonus against energy drain, negative energy, and spells or spell-like abilities of the necromancy school.
 +4 bonus against death effects.
 +2 bonus against charm and compulsion effects.

Resistances: Negative Energy 5

BAB:   +1

CMB:   +4   
CMD:   16(10 + 1[BAB] + 3[STR] + 2[DEX])

Init:  +2
Speed: 30'
Size:  Medium
Languages: Common, Celestial, Osiriani

Skills (5)             Ranks    Stats    Bonus    Total
Diplomacy[CHA]             1        2        3        6
Perception[WIS]            1        0        3        4
Profession(soldier)[WIS]   1        0        3        4
Sense Motive[WIS]          1        0        3        4
Survival[WIS]              1        0        3        4

Class Features
-Challenge: Once per day, a cavalier can challenge a foe to combat. As a swift action, the cavalier chooses one target within sight to challenge. The
 cavalier's melee attacks deal extra damage whenever the attacks are made against the target of his challenge. This extra damage is equal to the
 cavalier's level. The cavalier can use this ability once per day at 1st level, plus one additional time per day for every three levels beyond 1st, to a
 maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.

Challenging a foe requires much of the cavalier's concentration. The cavalier takes a –2 penalty to his Armor Class, except against attacks made by
 the target of his challenge.

The challenge remains in effect until the target is dead or unconscious or until the combat ends. Each cavalier's challenge also includes another
 effect which is listed in the section describing the cavalier's order.
-Order: Order of the Dragon
 *Edicts: The cavalier must remain loyal to his allies and must always work to further the aims of the group. He must protect his allies from harm
   and defend their honor when called into doubt.
 *Challenge: Whenever an order of the dragon cavalier issues a challenge, his allies receive a +1 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against
   the target of his challenge whenever he is threatening the target. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels the cavalier possesses.
 *Skills: An order of the dragon cavalier adds Perception (Wis) and Survival (Wis) to his list of class skills. In addition, whenever an order of
   the dragon cavalier uses Survival to provide food and water for his allies or to protect his allies from harsh weather, he receives a bonus on the
   check equal to 1/2 his cavalier level (minimum +1).
-Tactician: At 1st level, a cavalier receives a teamwork feat as a bonus feat. He must meet the prerequisites for this feat. As a standard action,
 the cavalier can grant this feat to all allies within 30 feet who can see and hear him. Allies retain the use of this bonus feat for 3 rounds
 plus 1 round for every two levels the cavalier possesses. Allies do not need to meet the prerequisites of these bonus feats. The cavalier can use this
 ability once per day at 1st level, plus one additional time per day at 5th level and for every 5 levels thereafter.
-Banner: At 1st level, a cavalier's banner becomes a symbol of inspiration to his allies and companions. As long as the cavalier's banner is clearly
 visible, all allies within 60' receive a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear and a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a
 charge. At 10th level, and every five levels thereafter, these bonuses increase by +1. The banner must be at least Small or larger and must be
 carried or displayed by the cavalier or his mount to function.

Traits/Racial Traits
-Darkvision 60'
-Outsider with native subtype
-Celestial Resistance: Resist 5 for Acid, Cold, and Electricitytraded for
-Deathless Spirit: Resist 5 Negative Energy, +2 bonus against death effects, energy drain, negative energy, and spells or spell-like abilities of the necromancy
  school. Do not lose hit points when gaining negative levels.
-Skilled: +2 bonus on Heal and Know(the Planes)and
-Spell-like Ability: Alter Self 1/daytraded for
-Immortal Spark: +2 bonus on Know(History) checks and against death effects. lesser age resistance 1/day

Armor Expert
Birthmark

Feats
1st:   Power Attack(Subject to change)
Bonus: [Tactical]

Carrying Capacity
Light:  <77 lbs
Medium: 77-153 lbs
Heavy:  154-230 lbs

Gear - 65 lbs(115.5 with backpack stuff)
Hot Weather Outfit     - FREE(4)
Leather Lamellar Armor - 60gp(25) 
Wooden Heavy Shield    -  7gp(10)
Longsword              - 15gp(4)
Shortspear x2          -  2gp(6)
Sling                  - FREE(-)
-Sling bullets(10)     -  1sp(5)
Belt Pouch             -  1gp(.5)
Waterskin              -  1gp(4)
Trail Rations(6 days)  -  3gp(6)
Small Steel Mirror     - 10gp(.5)
Flint & Steel          -  1gp(-)
Complex Banner         -  5gp(?)
*Adventuring group insignia

Backpack               -  2gp(2)
Small Tent             - 10gp(20)
Bedroll                -  1sp(5)
Rope(50')              -  1gp(10)
Mess Kit               -  2sp(1)
Cooking Kit            -  3gp(16)
Journal Book           - 10gp(1)
Ink                    -  8gp(-)
Inkpen(x3)             -  3sp(-)
Soap                   -  1cp(.5)

Money: 10gp, 3sp, 9cp

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 7, 2014

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013

quote:

Name: Bruno Volst
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Lore Warden)
God: Nethys
Alignment: NG

Attributes
STR 16
DEX 14
CON 12
INT 14 (12+2 (Human bonus))
WIS 11
CHA 10

Traits:
Witty Repartee: +1 to Bluff Checks, Bluff is a class skill
Clever Wordplay: Use INT for one CHA based skill (Bluff)

Feats:
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
Dodge (Human bonus)
Weapon Focus (Fighter bonus)

HP: 12 (+1 Fav Class Bonus)
Fort +3 / Ref +2 / Will +0
BaB +1
CMD 16
AC 17 (Studded Leather, Buckler, Dodge bonus)
Speed 30
Init +2

Skills
Appraise +6
Bluff +7
Climb +7
Knowledge (History) +6
Linguistics +6
Survival +4
Swim +7

Languages
Common, Osiron, Garundi

Class Features
Bonus Feats
Scholastic: All INT based skills are class skills, 2 additional skill points per level. These extra points must be spent on INT based skills.

Attack Stats
Bastard Sword +5 (1d10+3/+4)
Dagger +4 (1d4+3)

Equipment:
Weapons: Bastard Sword, Dagger
Armor/Shields: Studded Leather, Buckler
Misc: bedroll, blanket, hooded lantern, trail rations (10), hot weather outfit, adventurer's sash, backpack, waterskin, mess kit, lamp oil (4)
Money remaining: 42gp
Total mass: 70 lbs

Carry Capacity: Light(76 lbs), Medium(153 lbs), Heavy(230 lbs)

Ever since he was a child, Bruno was enamored of the Pathfinder Society and the daring exploits of their agents, the Pathfinders. Understandably, he was heartbroken when he failed his first mission and was subsequently ejected from the Society. Despondent, Bruno left Absalom and traveled south to Garund, where he believed his training would be most useful in finding work to quench his thirst for adventure. Hearing of the Pharaoh's decree, Bruno made great haste to Wati, knowing that this was his chance to stick it to the Society and gather fame and glory even greater than the Pathfinders he once idolized.

Ideas for the group name: The Seekers in the Sand, Artifacts R' Us (comedy option)

Egregious Offences fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 12, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
A note for anyone applying; It's not mentioned in the OP but Korlac IS tracking encumbrance so you want to do that math before you submit.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Arivia posted:

A note for anyone applying; It's not mentioned in the OP but Korlac IS tracking encumbrance so you want to do that math before you submit.

I'm not going to pimp you if you're like a pound over due to a ink and quill or something. Mostly I'm just trying to make sure that like Wizards with 8 Strength aren't trying to carry around a battering ram or a canoe or some dumb poo poo.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So I guess I can't carry this Sherman Tank with me?

stupid pathfinder

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

I believe I'm going to make something for this.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Expressing my express interest, but RL is keeping me too busy to app until sometime during the weekend. I'll see if I can't chip out a char and a concept then.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hakak

Hakak the terrible. Hakak the bloodrager. Hakak the monster. Hakak has has quite a number of titles in his relatively short career, many are less than flattering and not all are all that accurate. In truth Hakak is a fairly nice man, for a half-orc. True he might get angry sometimes, and in battle he may rage and change. But really he isn't all that bad. Its just that when he goes in battle he tends to change, his hands turn to claws, veins pop up across his body and he even seems to grow a bit bigger. And of course in battle he tends to rip into his enemies with his newly formed claws, and his sharp teeth and tusks. And perhaps he has ended more than his fair share of battles drenched in the blood of his enemies. And so yeah people who have witnessed his battle prowess may have some reason to give him such vicious names. But he really isn't some terrible tyrant or monster that could not be trusted or that would turn on you at the drop of a hat, and this branding of him as terrible or monster really isn't all that fair.

All the same Hakak has been traveling, working as a mercenary and an adventurer, saving damsels, defeating monsters, and building a name for himself. Even if it is often a rather unkind name. Not long ago he learned about how Osirion's ancient tombs and burial sites had been opened to explorers. It sounded interesting at the time, but he was busy with other things. More recently, as he was turning his attention toward Osirion and the possibility of exploring its tombs, he learned that not just the ancient tombs and burial sites had been opened but even Wati's necropolis. Already interested in what lies within the regular ancient tombs and burial sites Hakak sees all the more reason to head to Osirion and explore the depths. So he makes his way, joining an adventuring group that seems to have similar ideas.

pre:
Hakak
Male Half-Orc Bloodrager (Abyssal) 1
CG Medium humanoid (half-orc)
Init+3
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 12 (1d10)
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +1
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft. (30 ft if in heavy armor)
Melee +5
-bite (1d4+4)
-claws 2(1d6+4)
-longspear (1d8+6)
Ranged  +2 
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 12, Con14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 13
Base Atk +1; CMB ; CMD 
Feats  Extra Rage 
Traits Reactionary, Indomitable Faith
Skills Climb+8, Intimidate +7, Perception+4, Survival +4
Languages Common, Orc
SQ 
Gear
-Leather Lamellar Armor 
-longspear 
-Barbarian’s Kit 
	-backpack
	-belt pouch
	-blanket
	-flint and steel
	-iron pot
	-soap
	-torches (10)
	-trail rations (5 days)
	-waterskin
-waterskin 
-waterskin 
-waterskin 
-waterskin 
-50 ft silk rope 
-explorer's outfit
-hot weather outfit 
-54 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Bloodline (Abyssal):  Unless otherwise noted all are only active while bloodraging.
	Claws(Su):  Gain claws.  Can make two claw attacks as a full-attack action using
	full base attack bonus.  These deal 1d6 points of damage plus my Str mod.
Bloodrage(Su):  Can blood rage for 4+Con mod rounds per day.  Gain 2 rounds per day for each 
level after 1st.  Enter as a free action.  While in a bloodrage gains +4 morale bonus to Str and Con,
+2 morale bonus on Will saving throws and takes a -2 penalty to AC.  While in bloodrage cannot use
any Cha, Dex or Int skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate and Ride) or use any ability that requires 
patience or concentration.  Extra Rage, and favored class, puts my Bloodrage rounds per day at 13.
Fast Movement:  Land speed is increased by 10ft, when wearing no, light or medium armor.
Intimidating: Half-orcs receive a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate.
Toothy: 
Weapon Familiarity: Proficient with great axes and falchions and treat any weapon with the word
“orc” in its name as a martial weapon.
Darkvsision:  Half-orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Orc Blood:  Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.

-Favored class-bloodrager: Add +1 to bloodrager’s bloodrage.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 10, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Rejigged Aspexia's traits, dropped Rich Parents and picked up Sphinx Riddler.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Submissions are looking good. I'm going to leave it open over the weekend for any last minute builds people are still mucking around with and we'll try to get the team formulated on Monday.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I tried to do the Hero Lab thing, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to use the Archetype or Mummy Mask traits. If someone else wants to give it a crack, I'd be appreciative.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

I tried to do the Hero Lab thing, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to use the Archetype or Mummy Mask traits. If someone else wants to give it a crack, I'd be appreciative.

I'm not 100% sure but from their website it looks like you need to buy the respective supplements. If you know what the traits are and were just trying to input them, you might want to just put placeholders and then change it when you type everything out/fill out a character sheet. If you don't, the traits and archetypes are both on the PFSRD: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits and http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter respectively. Fighter archetypes are at the bottom of the page at the second link, other class archetypes would be with the respective classes.
If you paid for Herolab and were hoping to do everything in it then yeah it looks like you'll have to buy whatever supplements you need: http://www.wolflair.com/legacy/index.php?context=hero_lab&page=pathfinder_rpg_packages
I don't see a way to demo supplements.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arivia posted:

Rejigged Aspexia's traits, dropped Rich Parents and picked up Sphinx Riddler.

And I took Vestigial Wings over Skilled

OKAY I'M DONE. :3:

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Hell yeah, I want to kill some mummies.

"The mysterious Goblin known as 'Teefs' showed up in Wati a few months ago. No one knows where he came from, or what he wants. The citizens speak rumors of Teefs, their incredibly attractive savior, in private. Perhaps he's the long lost heir to a noble goblin kingdom. Maybe he traveled to the city in order to claim his rightful place on the throne. What if the proof of his god-given rule over the city is hidden away in the necropolis?

Teefs isn't answering their questions. This dashing rogue's silence only serves to fuel the fires of curiousity." -Teefs, a 100% reliable narrator (who is in no way deluded, homeless scum), when asked who he is and why he would want to enter the necropolis.

pre:
Teefs The Gobblin'
Goblin Barbarian (Feral Gnasher) 1
Chaotic Good

HP:   15/15
AC:   15 (10 + 2armor + 2dex + 1size)
Fort: +4
Ref:  +2
Will: +0

BAB:    +1
Melee:  +4 (1bab + 2str + 1size)
Ranged: +4 (1bab + 2dex + 1size)
CMB:    +2 (1bab + 2str - 1size)
CMD:    14 (10 + 1bab + 2dex + 2str - 1size)

Init:   +2
Speed   30 feet
Size:   small

Languages: Goblin, Common

Str: 14 (Base 16 -2racial)  (+2)
Dex: 14 (Base 10 +4racial)  (+2)
Con: 16                     (+3)
Int: 12                     (+1)
Wis: 10                     (+0)
Cha: 6  (Base 8 -2racial)   (-2)

Skills (5 ranks)
Acrobatics:     +6
Intimidate:     +2
Perception:     +4
Stealth:        +7
Survival:       +4
(everything else is just the ability modifier)

Traits
Goblin Foolhardiness: When facing an enemy that’s larger than you are, if you have no allies in any adjacent squares, your posturing, 
                      bravado, and cussing grant you a +1 trait bonus on attack rolls with non-reach melee weapons.
Foul Belch: Once per day as a standard action, you can force a particularly odious belch at a single opponent within 5 feet. 
            The character affected must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1d6 rounds. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Racial Traits
Darkvision
Hard Head, Big Teeth: Gain bite attack. 1d4 damage (raised to 1d6 by barbarian archetype)

Class Features for Barbarian (Feral Gnasher archetype):
Lose all martial weapon proficiencies except Greatclub
Lose medium armor proficiency
Savage Bite: gain a bite as a primary natural attack. Deals 1d4 damage (raised to 1d6 because of 'Hard Head, Big Teeth' racial trait)
Rage: 7 rounds/day

Feats:
L1: Roll With It (Goblin racial feat)

Equipment (38/58lbs):
Greatclub                     5g   4lbs
Leather Armor                 10g  8lbs
Barbarian's kit               9g   26lbs
126 gold left

El Fappo fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 11, 2014

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Sadly, I'm going to have to back out despite interest. Weekend's been busy and I simply don't have the time to get a character up tonight. Sorry Korlac, but you'll have to do without Pavroti (The Great), CN Taldan Bard.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I get off work in three hours at which point I'm going to run home and make my alchemist. So hopefully I'll be able to make a dude before you pick dudes.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Sorry Swags, I've been working on the roster pick most of the weekend.

Ladies and gentlemen, the team has been selected. Here is the crew that will be delving the depths of Wati's Necropolis. Feel free to let me know if you'd like your character registered as a backup if for any reason one of our players has to drop out and we need a quick replacement. Being PM enabled is extremely helpful for this purpose so I don't have to chase you down.

Aspexia Thrune (Arivia)
Akamur (Mustache Ride)
Raziya Redalley (Poison Mushroom)
Tigi "Twig" (Anias)

Feel free to tweak your characters now that you know who your final companions are and lets get a name picked. In the meantime I'll work on getting the main post started for the campaign! If you do make any changes please post the updated character here, and we'll keep this thread up for OOC and commentator posts.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yay thanks Korlac!

Name ideas:

The Dancing Jackals
The Wolves of Wati
The Compass Rose
Four Against Danger
The Deserted
Venturers Unto Darkness
The Pyramid
I'm With The Dwarf
Mummies Deprive!

I'm not planning on changing Aspexia much, I was just going to tidy up her sheet a little bit and include stats for her raven (because we all know that will come up at some point.) If Poison Mushroom keeps Knowledge (History) I could swap to Local or Nature or Planes so we have more bases covered, but I'm not sure if Akamur has any knowledges (can't see your sheet Mustache Ride!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Uploaded Aspexia's sheet to Obsidian Portal here. Gave her raven, Nightfall, stats, also linked from that page. No actual changes though.

• Locked thread