Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Patchouli Patrol posted:

It came from a girl I know that wont let me touch her.

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Telemaze posted:

I think it's supposed to be the hole for the clock key.

The hosed up numbers on that tattoo are so distracting. Also, it looks like a tumor.

It is meant to be a dew drop on the petal of the rose. There is another below and between the III and IIII. It is a "realistic rose : 101" of the tattoo world that any good artist drops after getting better at realism cos it just looks shite. Always.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

I think the idea is that it's supposed to make his face look like a Lego man head/top-of-head-nubbin? I'm guessing based on the yellow work on his face, which must have hurt like a bitch and (if I recall correctly) fades out really fast. Good work!

What?! There is no yellow there. Its just a lovely photo where the levels are hosed.

It is simply a poo poo tattoo of a hairline with an extra line thrown in because meth.

dpack_1 has a new favorite as of 01:12 on Aug 13, 2014

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Istari posted:

I appreciate that this guy has chosen to get a list of his friends' names tattooed on himself, rather than choosing some arbitrary symbol/letter/number combination and convincing the entire reluctant group to get matching tattoos.

What makes you think that not everyone on that list has a similar tattoo with one name changed?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Doubly awesome is the fact that behind the penis bulldog it appears to be a map of England alone, but has the Union Jack on it. It could just be shittily drawn, but Scotland's definitely not there, and Wales if it is is kinda smushed and deformed, and no sign of northern ireland naturally.

The Union Flag is also wrong, the thicker part of the diagonal bars goes round in a clockwise fashion:

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

It is uneven though.

It isnt. Womens breasts arent symmetrical and a lot of artists consider that and so the designs look a little 'off' in a photo, but in person, when the woman in question isnt holding herself, would look just fine.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

Right, and I'm sure you'll also say every set of wings is a complete ripoff of the first person that ever had them done. I'll meet you halfway and say 'inspired by', but the one originally posted is different enough that I'd say it can't really be called a ripoff. Side question, what happens to large sleeves if the person tans? How physically deep in the skin even is the change of skin color? Do certain inks/colors basically have UV blocking properties that would make any change of color blotchy rather than uniform?

Ink is under your skin. Not on top of it. It doesnt have any UV protective properties.

Infact a lot of the inks break down and turn blotchy as gently caress with UV exposure so tattoos should really be kept out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Elayne Angel's wing tattoo is actually a registered trademark. http://www.needlesandsins.com/2013/02/tattoos-trademark.html

She can register it as much as she wants. She cant enforce it and so if it ever went to court it would be thrown out in an instant as she has made zero attempt to protect her trademark.

That and a judge cant tell someone to get lazer removal or a tattoo cover up so cant even fine a copycat as they would still be permanently in breach.

All that legalise poo poo is just some attention seeking.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

disregard this post

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

ruddiger posted:

GBS meets Traditional Games and somehow magic happens

This reads like a loving white board in an episode of House. Is that's what it's meant to be? or is this someone that googles their symptoms when they don't feel too great but because the doctors wont believe them they're getting it all tattooed on them for when they eventually slip into a coma the paramedics will know what's wrong by reading that loving arm!?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Diagnostic tattoos would be cool as hell.
They would appear when you get the symptoms.

How would it work?

Nanomachines.

No, no they wouldnt.

You dont need "anal leakage" appearing in Papyrus on your arm at any point in your life. You want a diagnosis you go to a doctor, not a tattooist.

Also, EMT's are told to ignore any tattoos indicating medical conditions, they only look for them bracelet things for diabetics or other conditions.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Now you can be Mr. CooL ICE whenever you want!

I unironically want this.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Why... why are his stomach and legs yellow but arms and head not?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Esroc posted:

Not finished. It hasn't even been cleaned yet. You can see the yellow ink smeared into the blue and around the bottom. Most likely the picture was taken mid-session because customers love doing that poo poo even though its not done yet.

If it were still in progress that would be red as gently caress getting solid shading like that.

Im thinking it is either intentional to highlight Worst. Tattoo. Ever. Or the guy tapped out.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Elucidarius posted:

Hahahaha I saw this on my instagram feed and thought "maybe I should post this". God, everything about that is awful. The artist generally isn't bad but that one is awful as hell.

It gets better when you realise where on the body that is.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

SpliffClavin posted:

This dude couldn't wait to get his whole rear end out.

Feels good man.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Solomonic posted:

"dear dairy"

I never thought I would be 'that guy'... but seriously what does that say?

"Dear Diary, today I ... survived?"

NE: Hahaha, just noticed you didnt make a typo when you said dairy. That too is in the tattoo.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

You see your hands fingers a lot too. It not mysterious.

Not saying this is you, but every upside down tattoo there's some goon who can't handle that someone would get a tattoo for themselves to look at and not others.

I personally get all my printed t-shirts custom done upside down so that i can read them when i look down at my torso.

This same idea extends to literally anywhere on your body. If you can't parse something that is tattooed on your body just because when you look down at it you see it as upside down then you're are probably so retarded that you shouldn't be allowed to sign the consent form to get the drat thing.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

I love how there is a much neater and more subtle stencil under that free-handed piece of jank.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

I know this is going to lighten up when healed and is a pretty decent portrait overall. But for now this is a drat convincing black face tattoo:

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

As a palate cleanser for those awful tattoos, may I present you with some fuckin' amazing tattoos.

The artistry of Brian Woo

So many of them are gonna look like utter shite. So sooooo many of them.

Sure they look good 24 hours after getting done, in black and white, in 500x500px, but give it 6 months and watch them become an unfocused blurry blob.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

Serious question: How do you draw a tattoo this perfectly round? Trace a circle on their skin and hope your arm doesn't wobble while following the line?

Errr... you do know how a tattoo is performed right?

That design would have either been done on a computer, or by hand, with a compass to draw the perfect circle and matching vertebrae. It then would have been ran through a thermalfax copier to apply the design to some carbon paper, and then that would have been transferred onto the client's skin. Voila, you have a perfect circle to follow with your tattoo machine.

Perfect geometric shapes aren't a new thing in the tattoo world.

Super fine lined shite however, is relatively new, and people are flocking to it like flies on poo poo in an attempt to be unique and different. The fallout in a years time will be palpable.

See HERE for an article on what i'm going on about.

Or just look at this:

And if you think that one is just an amateur copy of another this pretty much shows it is the same tattoo just months apart:

Take note of all the fine lines in the hair and beard, the detail in the forehead, between of the nose ridge, in the cheeks... all faded to gently caress all.

That is hyper realisim in tattoos my friends, and it's gonna be loving hilarious when people start realising how poo poo it really is.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

PublicOpinion posted:

I found this piece from three years ago about the zombie face tattoo with uncropped photos: http://news.bme.com/2012/09/11/fraud-in-tattooing/.

Did you find that in the post I made about it?

It is the same tattoo on the same person. It had a touch up which is why some of the lighter parts were made darker and the eyes are completely different. But i 'think' it was still a touch up done by the original artist. It's just the fact that hyper realism in tattoos just does not last.

The fault lies squarely at the foot of the tattooer knowing it's going to look like poo poo in 6 months but doing it anyway.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

gamera009 posted:

Out of curiosity, at the risk of a derail, does this sort of behavior get phased out of the industry? Do artists eventually steer people away from that poo poo or something? Seems incredibly selfish to tattoo with those mores.

It doesn't get phased out, it gets worse. Pictures float around the internet and a bunch of uneducated idiots come into studios insisting that's what they want.

Good artists will turn them away.

Desperate or greedy 'artists' will straight up copy that poo poo and do what the client wants to make a buck.

There are far, FAR more of the latter kind of people.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I actually like both the lips and the hummingbird. They're not bad and pretty creative ideas.

The problem is the artist has an elementary school level understanding of perspective. The cross is thick as gently caress and juts out to the left, but the hammer's teeth juts out to the right. And the spade and the handle of the hammer are both completely flat with no rounding or perspective at all. The text is kinda awkward too and not well centered.

I'm not even an artist and it really jumps out at me. Where is the vanishing point? There are several :haw:

Its a horrible tattoo and belongs in this thread.

You are assuming they are an artist at all. I wouldn't be surprised if that's just a bunch of images or other peoples tattoos mashed together in Photoshop and made into a stencil.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Baldbeard posted:

"Tattoo this picture exactly, except put a 5 o'clock shadow on his tongue please."

The two things that bug me most about this:

1) Bateman goes on for a good 5 mins about his morning shaving routine, he does not at any point in the book or film deviate from this routine, he is meticulously clean shaven so why the stubble?!

2) Disney font. Really?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

nostrata posted:

It looks like tiny ants.

MrMenshevik posted:

It is supposed to be blood splatter on his face, not stubble.

If it is meant to be blood it looks nothing like the version of that photo with blood on it.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Lizard Combatant posted:

Why is there a Komodo bursting out of that dong?! :stare:

Content:

All from a local 'artist' that is constantly claiming he has got better and will fix up any of his older work if the clients want it for free.

dpack_1 has a new favorite as of 13:22 on Jul 4, 2015

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Gilganixon posted:

That's a royal flush of spades, literally the best hand you could be dealt in poker. Even if they're on fire and jigsaw bits are coming off the corner it totally defeats the point of the saying.

He's playing Blackjack.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

The hottest new tattoo trend is here. It's endorsed by Kendall Jenner, so that must make it good, right?

As a high street shop in a suburb of London i'm gonna love this poo poo!

Purely because of the faces 18 year old girls will pull when i tell them that the mark on their finger that will stay there for the rest of their loving lives will cost more than the high heeled shoes they just bought sitting in the bag they are carrying.

Seriously, this celebrity 'Tiny Tattoo' trend is either gonna make me a millionaire or insane, £50 for a 3 little dots on your finger... are you sure you want that...

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

This looks like the client walked into the studio and asked for a stretched piece of pish from Harry Potter, but put some illegible text around it that nobody will be able to read in a year, and just to finish it off make it look like a smurf threw up all over the top of it.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

HungryMedusa posted:

This is just insufferable to me. No word on what it actually says.

Dont worry about that too much, nobody will be able to read any of those words in 6 months or so. That text is all way too small to hold up over time.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

GreatSquidKite posted:

It looks like South America, but I guarantee it was supposed to be some sort of Texas/Longhorn skull design. It's like they hosed up resizing the picture or something.

"Who needs Geography anyway? It's a pointless subject mom!"

dpack_1 has a new favorite as of 18:13 on Feb 2, 2016

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Oh, god, it's a Nelson mandala.

My friend drew this up as a joke a couple years back

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

davidspackage posted:

"What are those lines on your arm meant to represent?"

*sighs, takes off shirt, calls ex girlfriend* "honey I know you said I should stop calling, but this lovely tattoo was your idea, and you said you'd explain it whenever someone asked so could you hop in the car real quick"

A little more likely

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

The horrifying thing in this photo is that cord on the carpet, that's a clip cord for a tattoo machine, she just got that tattoo right there, on that poo poo stained bed surrounded by every contaminant known to man.

Hopefully she doesn't have that leg any more due to gangrene so nobody has to see the monstrosity of that 'tattoo'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Where do they plug it in? Or alternatively, how do they change the batteries? Do they just cut themselves open to replace the lights when th ebatteries run out?

Just hook it into your arteries with a little turbine and it'll stay powered for as long as you're eating double cheese burgers!

(i'm kidding, LED's use next to no power, the battery should last for 100,000 hours or some bollocks like that, so it's around 10 years before it quits lighting up, at which point you just replace it with whatever new tech is out then)

• Locked thread