Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
Are you talking about my super happy funtime tattoo album?

http://imgur.com/a/3TrO0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
Fungus.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
Could have just as easily, and more likely, picked it up outside whatever shop she got it in. If she had nasty shoes, and put her feet in them, if she went walking with flip flops. lots of things.

Edit: Boba Fett doesn't go in shoes.

ToastFaceKillah has a new favorite as of 19:57 on May 15, 2014

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
I found this while poking around on instagram. Her face....

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Supeerme posted:

I thought they used animal parts in the ink or something.

Technically, tattoo inks aren't vegan, because the glycerine in them COULD be from animals, although most likely they're all plant based. There are a couple "vegan" tattoo inks out there, and they suck.

ToastFaceKillah has a new favorite as of 15:48 on May 16, 2014

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

R.I.P. Chris Crinkle.

Goddamn, I miss him.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

PaleInkedBoy posted:

Found this in the Sasha Unisex tag on tumblr. Not sure if it's a straight up copy or just a stylistic rip-off but holy poo poo, horse got weak eyebrow game.

I think that may actually be Super Mario's Birdo with a wig.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

RazorBunny posted:

It frustrates me that most of my geek friends get so excited over geeky tattoos that they don't see the flaws in the work.

The anatomy there is painful.

Yeah, that's probably from the source. Comic book anatomy is pulled from the minds of nerds, don't forget, so weird boobs and broken spines are a-ok, as long as they're BIG boobs, and there's some hips attached to that broken spine. The rest is just flaily appendages that they know doesn't matter, because that's not what their target audience is looking at. Yeah, the anatomy could have been fixed, but would it be canon? MAKES YOU THINK.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

That is an elongated nutsack with an eye, clutching the napkins that will be used (again) later.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

kinmik posted:

And the most ineffective culinary tool, at that. What doesn't a lightsaber, at the very least, eventually cut through?

Reality.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Zeroisanumber posted:

Tattoos looking meh on an old man body is more than made up for by the fact that he looked like Wolverine's cooler brother when he was young.

And also the fact that that is Lyle Tuttle.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Tuttle

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Esroc posted:

It's obvious the second one is a copy by a less talented artist. Look at the lines around the nose hole and the way strands of hair fall differently.

Both of those were taken from the same artist's facebook. They are the same tattoo. There's a lot you can do to make the tattoo look loving excellent walking out of the shop, and utter poo poo six months later. I have a tattoo on my back that won awards when it was done, and looks like utter poo poo now.

The strands of hair look like they fall differently because the greywash the guy used didn't stay.

Edit: Also, if you look to the left, and down a bit from the eyes in both pictures, you can see a mole they tattooed around.

ToastFaceKillah has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Sep 19, 2014

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
People try to haggle us down all the time, I usually raise the price whenever they ask me "Can't you do better?"

People also add me to groups without my permission all the time, so I usually look for the worst tattoos, save em, and leave. Here's today's offering.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
It's a tramp stamp, and there are plenty of old stretch marks.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

fullroundaction posted:

I don't disagree, I just mean the burden is on the person getting tattooed, not that artist (assuming they're using a stencil). I've made plenty of typos putting together promotional marketing materials for my company because I'm more concerned with the way the words look and the layout of the piece than the actual content. But that's why we have copywriters/proofreaders.

If it's in the language the tattoo artist speaks, it's absolutely partly on him/her. Names and different languages are different, but a tattoo artist, at the very least, should know how to use spell check on words they are dubious about the spelling of.

I once had a coworker that tattooed "loyaltay" on a customer.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
gently caress that noise. I will never do that to anyone.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Nitrox posted:

Ego. Same reason people buy Hayabusas as their first bike. Because telling people "I'm a tattoo artist" makes you seem cool. They are not looking to make a career out of it, just to impress some trashy broad at a party, that's all.

It's really funny that people want to be tattoo artists to be cool to me. All of the best tattooists I know are giant nerds, like "we play MTG at work" level nerds.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Yeah, the guy who did my first tattoo didn't even flinch when I brought in a video game manual to show him what I wanted. Only questions out of him were "how big you want it?", "you OK to come back in about an hour so I can get this traced right?", and when I came back, "I looked through the manual and it looked pretty cool. I like RPGs. So, that game any good?"

I think the only guy at the shop I used to get my ink done at that gave me any grief was the guy who did my VFD tattoo from A Series of Unfortunate Events ("like, the movie with Jim Carrey?" - I got one of the versions from the books, not the movie). On the other hand, when I told him about my first piece and how it was from a video game, he practically asked the same thing as the guy who did it - "Oh, yeah, I like Final Fantasy and stuff. Is it like that?"

Well, it is from an Ivalice Alliance game. I'm planning on using that piece to get a themed thing going, probably mostly down the left side of my back, and my left leg and arm. Speaking of which, I don't think it'd be a problem, but I want to double-check: is it cool if I take some of the other stuff from the Ivalice Alliance games with me as references, not like "I want you to do these exact pieces" but as a general "I want something in this aesthetic" manner? Not being an artist at all myself, I just want to make sure I don't wind up being "that control-freak jerk with the printouts" or something.

EDIT: Not sure if I should move this post to the other tattoo thread - I forgot which thread I was in. Darn you, TFK. Darn you to heck.

Nerd.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

u fockin wot m8
u wanna say that to my white-red token spam deck

(Side note: my fiancee thinks you're like the loving coolest thing ever, and she's a nerd-in-denial)

Tell her I go to musicals and play pokemon and DASH HER DREAMS.

As to lovely tattoos though, this mushroom is ripped off from a tattoo I did on a goon. It's so....bad.

Edit: HAHAHA I didn't even notice the dude ripped off a caterpillar I drew right over it, it's almost unrecognizable.

ToastFaceKillah has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Mar 5, 2015

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

This says it's Barbie, but I think it's one of those Chinese knock offs.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

light_urple posted:

Awful tattoo, but it is supposed to be original Barbie...

I was being facetious.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

rockcity posted:

I'm still not sold it's the same tattoo. Mostly because of the hair on the left side. There are some strands with more of a gap between them in that fresh piece and in the other one they are a lot closer together. I'm not saying it's not possible they're the same, but I'm not 100% believing that they are. If it did in fact fade that poorly it was probably done lovely to being with. I've seen plenty of tattoos done in a similar style hold up pretty well.

Look on the left hand side of the skull, in the hair. Duder has a mole. IIRC the artist posted the "healed" poo poo one when he did another tattoo under it on his facebook.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

moonsour posted:

I do see the moles which is the only thing that is alike between those two. I still think there's more than just a tattoo that faded going on. The artist or client did something to it.

Yeah, the artist did a lovely tattoo.

I see this poo poo all the time, it's just rear end in a top hat tattooers that only give a gently caress about the tattoo long enough to get a picture to put in their portfolio.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

gamera009 posted:

Out of curiosity, at the risk of a derail, does this sort of behavior get phased out of the industry? Do artists eventually steer people away from that poo poo or something? Seems incredibly selfish to tattoo with those mores.

We try to steer people away, but there's always people who want quantity over quality. Also, idiots seem to think tattooists are rock stars, so arrogant no-talent hacks flock to it. For every great artist, there is a hundred mediocre ones. For every mediocre artist, there are a million "I'm just hear to make a buck" rear end clowns.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

cyberia posted:

Actually, iirc, it was her first tattoo (like, at all, not just on her face). And the guy who did it has also tattooed the faces of other girls he has met online prior to this girl so I guess it's his fetish or something?

I actually know this dude. Rouslan Toumaniantz. It was her first tattoo. Incidentally, he was also the guy that did this stars all across that one chick's face.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Bogan Krkic posted:

Did they end up getting married and living happily ever after?

No idea. After he tattooed her I stopped talking to him, because gently caress that dude. His ego is loving huge.

Edit: Apparently I still have him on facebook. They are still married, and she works at his shop, Tattoo Box.

ToastFaceKillah has a new favorite as of 06:08 on May 7, 2015

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
It's from this t-shirt.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

apsouthern posted:

Terrible tattoo, fun cover up

That's my buddy Lindsay Baker out of Massachusetts :3

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

beato posted:

She has really hairy legs but her tattoo is rad.

I have no idea on the status of her leghair, but she's the artist in this case: https://www.facebook.com/lindsayiscoolhoag?fref=ts

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Poor smashed Beetlejuice.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
No, because that isn't real.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
It's on a hip, butt and thigh.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

LingcodKilla posted:

Hey facebook feed what do you got for me today!

Wel... at least she is in the Navy....

Well, that sure made that infinity symbol pointless, since it now has a beginning and end, and is no longer infinite.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

PaleInkedBoy posted:

#kittytattoos leaves something dead on your front step:

This one is actually a lovely rip off of a tattoo Kelly Doty (ZeeisZae) did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Mr.Bob posted:

I have a feeling that the knockoff will hold up better with time.

Not really, in some parts. It doesn't have the contrast to stand up as well as the original, that lotus will fade faster than the original one. Yeah, the grey and black will be there on the knockoff, but they won't be there well, especially around the whiskers, which is a mess. Also the pupils are uneven.

• Locked thread