Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
I just figured that in the Mindjack world it was just accepted that sometimes your brain just gets invaded by some will-o-wisp thing if you get shot a bit, or if you tripped and hurt your knee, or burned your mouth drinking some hot coffee or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

scroogle nmaps posted:

or burned your mouth drinking some hot coffee or whatever.

Perhaps the MDC themselves have been mindjacked and forced into creating this LP?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Nanomashoes posted:

Perhaps the MDC themselves have been mindjacked and forced into creating this LP?

I think they are triangle jacking, so Judge->Diaper->Anthony->Judge.
Judge, please correct the name tags in the videos from here on.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hel posted:

I think they are triangle jacking, so Judge->Diaper->Anthony->Judge.
That's circle jacking.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Well at least they'll go blind together.

Bricoleur
Feb 1, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

You know somewhere somebody has actually paid full price for any bad video game.
Was Mindjack seriously $60? It feels like a $40-50 game upon release.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Last time on MindJack, Jim and Rebecca made a harrowing escape from the airport and trekked into the maintenance tunnels. They were pursued by their mysterious antagonists once more, lending to the notion this is bigger than just the two of them. Today we take a look at the outside world and how the future has certainly gone to pot. Will society collapse under the new MindJacking regime? Is it all just a fad like boiling shampoo to get high? Will Jim and Rebecca be able to return to the world they once loved? Watch and find out!

Normal updates will resume Thursday.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Congrats on another timely joke by the Java Joes.

Diaper seems like the most "hip" and "modern" of you guys, I find it hard to believe that he signed off on this.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

You know somewhere somebody has actually paid full price for any bad video game.

Yeah, that would generally be me.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

judge reinhold posted:

Last time on MindJack, Jim and Rebecca made a harrowing escape from the airport and trekked into the maintenance tunnels. They were pursued by their mysterious antagonists once more, lending to the notion this is bigger than just the two of them. Today we take a look at the outside world and how the future has certainly gone to pot. Will society collapse under the new MindJacking regime? Is it all just a fad like boiling shampoo to get high? Will Jim and Rebecca be able to return to the world they once loved? Watch and find out!

Nice. Very nice. So, when does this game offer the first dry humping scene?

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

How does it end? Will the woman die?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
You know, the more I watch, the more I wonder why this game even exists. MDC makes it amusing as all get out, mind you, but I still wonder.

<goes looking for his spare shampoo and a clean pan>

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

AstroWhale posted:

How does it end? Will the woman die?

Yes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Of old age or boredom?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No, of body Thetans. Haven't you been paying attention?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

goatface posted:

No, of body Thetans. Haven't you been paying attention?

Wait now.

I was promised SciFi play. If this involves CoS, that makes it horror.

False advertising!

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

The lady sidekick in this game seems to really enjoy being shot at.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

bhlaab posted:

The lady sidekick in this game seems to really enjoy being shot at.

Seeing as medicianl bullets apparently exist, maybe the squawkers accidentally stocked up on massage bullets.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Last time on MindJack, MindJack Jim and MindJack Becky were fleeing their pursuers by means of a conveniently attached maintenance tunnel. The two encountered multiple astronauts and a VTOL in what is clearly government spending gone off the rails... probably by Spend-o-crats in the Future House of Techpublicans. While a government eShutDown seems inevitable, J&B (this is short for Jim and Becky) try to avoid having their internal organs shut down as they try to escape to I don't know where. Can Ben and Jerry make their way out? Will Rush 24kLimbaud lambaste the government once more on AM Radio 2.0? Who is Becky's secret contact and what is his or her agenda? Watch and find out!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

judge reinhold posted:

Can Ben and Jerry make their way out? Will Rush 24kLimbaud lambaste the government once more on AM Radio 2.0? Who is Becky's secret contact and what is his or her agenda? Watch and find out!

I didn't find out anything at all!

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
I think the plot of this game might be randomly generated.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Looking at this face I'm started to think repeated MindJackings are not good for peoples long term brain development.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
The robots you controlled towards the end really were just self-destruct bots - the name in the bottom left was 'Detonator Wheel'.

A couple of hilarious things happened in that video but weren't noticed. For most of the fight with the giant police robot, it bugged out and was firing at the ground. It managed to sort itself out for the last minute of the fight (before inexplicably being defeated without being damaged).

Also, you were so distracted by Randy Johnson that you didn't notice that dialogue of the person he was interviewing:

interviewee posted:

"I don't know what is happen! Smoke, guns, the whole world is explode, so we just running, running very fast..."

Yep, a non-native-speaker who knows the word running but can't figure out happening or exploding.

quote:

fedoras

I actually do own a fedora, though I haven't worn it in a decade. It was given to me as a present ten years ago, by my girlfriend at the time. She knew I liked old movies and film noir and stuff, and I don't think fedora-wearing was a thing yet. (And it was a proper fedora, not a trilby. Can't loving stand trilbies.) I wore it a couple of times to special occasions, as part of a full smart suit and coat outfit. My girlfriend thought I looked like I was in the mafia, but her dad thought I looked like an American lawyer friend of his. Is there a difference OH HO HO

Given the cyclical nature of fashion, and the fact that women starting wearing 'vintage dresses' and stuff, I had hoped that had some point 1930/40s/50s styles would come back in for men, and everyone would wear a smart suit and hat. In the past, every guy looked smart. Even my coal-mining grandad used to wear a smart suit and hat once he had washed and changed out of his work clothes.

Instead, just the hats came into fashion. Well, weird non-fashion by nerds, anyway. And then somehow trilbies came into fashion. Whyyyyyy.

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 22, 2014

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!
I love the subtitle of "Stairs!" as the area where the Doombas were defeated by stairs ends. They are the true enemy in this game....

Will the Joe Dudes defeat the evil stairs? Find out later.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

So the cell processors in our appliances are giving people brain tumors along with more powerful PS3s?

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

GIWAG, NERKAS and FLUGELAG... they'll join with PIRON and SADTECH to form the Corporate Congress. Cigarette-smoking-man is in charge.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
About Us

Nerkas Solutions was founded by one man, with a single vision.

Today, we are hundreds of thousands of people strong... but we're still united by one incredible dream: to make humanity better, one innovation at a time.

But Nerkas Solutions is more than the largest technology provider in the world—through our Emily's Dream philanthropic fund, we are also the leading benefactor of charitable organizations.

Our passion for innovation and commitment to the greater good has led us to support a variety of causes, including nature conservation, wildlife research and government advocacy groups.

With over 478,000 employees in 126 offices around the world, Nerkas Solutions will always be there to serve the needs of mankind. Today... tomorrow... and into the future.

We invite you to learn more about us by exploring our site, or by contacting Nerkas Solutions today.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Suspicious Dish posted:

About Us

Nerkas Solutions was founded by one man, with a single vision.

Today, we are hundreds of thousands of people strong... but we're still united by one incredible dream: to make humanity better, one innovation at a time.

But Nerkas Solutions is more than the largest technology provider in the world—through our Emily's Dream philanthropic fund, we are also the leading benefactor of charitable organizations.

Our passion for innovation and commitment to the greater good has led us to support a variety of causes, including nature conservation, wildlife research and government advocacy groups.

With over 478,000 employees in 126 offices around the world, Nerkas Solutions will always be there to serve the needs of mankind. Today... tomorrow... and into the future.

We invite you to learn more about us by exploring our site, or by contacting Nerkas Solutions today.

Stock's up 0.87, buy buy buy

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

That website probably cost more than the AI coding.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
What the heck, that's almost 4000 people per office, this is way too futuristic for me

immersion ruined

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!

your evil twin posted:

Yep, a non-native-speaker who knows the word running but can't figure out happening or exploding.

That's actually completely believable (I live in Slovakia and teach English, and people aren't always consistent with tenses).

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Nanomashoes posted:

So the cell processors in our appliances are giving people brain tumors along with more powerful PS3s?

No, they are mind-jacking us to force us to buy B games at full price on PSN, haven't you been paying attention to the plot at all?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

RotationSurgeon posted:

No, they are mind-jacking us to force us to buy B games at full price on PSN, haven't you been paying attention to the plot at all?
Jackengard?

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

gregory posted:

That's actually completely believable (I live in Slovakia and teach English, and people aren't always consistent with tenses).

Huh, fair enough!

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Was I the only one that noticed the weird moonwalk the guard made?

Also, Huh?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

your evil twin posted:

I actually do own a fedora, though I haven't worn it in a decade. It was given to me as a present ten years ago, by my girlfriend at the time. She knew I liked old movies and film noir and stuff, and I don't think fedora-wearing was a thing yet. (And it was a proper fedora, not a trilby. Can't loving stand trilbies.) I wore it a couple of times to special occasions, as part of a full smart suit and coat outfit. My girlfriend thought I looked like I was in the mafia, but her dad thought I looked like an American lawyer friend of his. Is there a difference OH HO HO

Given the cyclical nature of fashion, and the fact that women starting wearing 'vintage dresses' and stuff, I had hoped that had some point 1930/40s/50s styles would come back in for men, and everyone would wear a smart suit and hat. In the past, every guy looked smart. Even my coal-mining grandad used to wear a smart suit and hat once he had washed and changed out of his work clothes.

Instead, just the hats came into fashion. Well, weird non-fashion by nerds, anyway. And then somehow trilbies came into fashion. Whyyyyyy.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

AstroWhale posted:

Also, Huh?

Look at that eyebrow. Agent York would be proud :allears:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

your evil twin posted:

that's really loving cool, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

• Locked thread