Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Count me in for the Seattle Mariners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sorry forgot to mention this but AL only DH is my vote.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think 4 hours should be enough time.

When can you get the draft order posted?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Make the budget $173 million, so we can all be Yankees for a day.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sorry I was late on my pick. It's a little annoying when your pick comes up at work :sweatdrop:

Just so we're clear - Machado's injury this year won't affect him in game, right?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

THE RED MENACE posted:

gently caress I was hoping Iwakuma would drop to the 3rd

He was first on my board to get picked with my upcoming pick and I imagine others would have done the same.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mynameisjohn posted:

Can someone explain the logic of Iwakuma over Tanaka?

I honestly completely forgot about Tanaka. Shows what I get for basing my predictions off of 2013 draft boards.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In the last be a GM thread, Matt Kemp went 1st overall so people seemed to think his injuries would affect his value.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
drat I thought Anibal Sanchez would continue to be forgotten about.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

tadashi posted:

A trade

Seattle trades the following picks to Chicago Cubs
Round 3
Round 8
Round 10
Round 12

Chicago Cubs trade the following picks to Seattle

Round 3
Round 8
Round 10
Round 12

I'm going to go ahead and pick and seiferguy should confirm soon.

Confirming this. Good thing because i totally wasn't ready this morning!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I personally am a good Mariner fan and add up the WARs before I draft my players.

Also, I like the Ortiz pick. I was considering him or Lowrie and decided to go with the premium position player and Lowrie has good seasons hampered by injury. No injuries should mean he's kinda valuable.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm kinda mad at myself for forgetting about CORE STRENGTH.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Derek Holland had a fantastic year last year and I would imagine he would have regressed a little but still be solid without injuries.

My choice was between him and two wildcards. I'm hoping those guys continue to fall...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mynameisjohn posted:

PECOTA projected Holland as having a 4.2 ERA this season...

He'll be pitching in the wonderful confines of Safeco Field where lefty pitching is favored though :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

tadashi posted:

Really mad at the Orioles right now but I think I'm going to be happy with Seager. I hope he can play 2nd (I haven't really looked) in OOTP or else Napoli will need to dust off his catching mitt.

Kyle Seager was a 2nd basemen in the minors, it's actually his natural position. He only moved to 3rd because he was blocked at the time.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 23, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

ok it works now but seriously how do you get a guy in A ball mixed up with a guy who's been in the majors for like half a decade

I was reading about Mariner prospects earlier and was at a bar and had a few drinks when I drafted him shut up

I'm surprised Austin Wilson was in OOTP to be honest

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sorry to disappoint on what could have been an insane pick. I was debating between Austin Jackson and Derek Holland in my last pick and managed to get both :shobon:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Noooo I was hoping Rasmus would fall some more

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mentholmoose posted:

Hey, I (PIT) desperately want to trade up for one of the next few picks. I'll offer my 8th and 9th round pick for somebody's upcoming pick and their 11th if anyone's interested.

Sent ya a PM.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The trade between mentholmoose and I is contigent on if his guy is available at my draft pick. Otherwise I'll make my selection. If someone can pm me when my pick is up that would be real cool if he's not picking. A pm will notify my phone :buddy:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mentholmoose posted:

The guy I want is still available.

It's my 8th and 9th for this pick and your 11th, right? If so I'll make the pick now.

Yep. Go for it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Brandon Phillips was a guy I targeted but his recent numbers scared me away since he's looking like he's degrading fast.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can someone update the spreadsheet on my behalf? Google docs aren't allowed at work :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My last pick was gonna be between Melky and Dickey. I thought the Dickster would drop :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was legit thinking of going with Andy Pettite for my next pick so I'm glad that got cleared up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ya'all are takin too many rookies. I'm going for vets who know how to hit their way out of a slump :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I liked how X-men is an admission to the fact that everything done in the 3rd X-men movie was a mistake.

Anyways, I'm really hoping I get my picks soon. I have good people in mind (I think).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are we at 3 hours between picks? The Nationals have been up for almost 3 hours now. Was wondering if I could do my draft picks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyone want my 9th round pick I have coming up? Looking to trade to get some extra picks in the next couple of rounds.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My phone line (read: PMs) is off the hook. Lots of people apparently want my pick! I'm going to make some counter offers and make a decision on the trade soon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Trade announcement!

Seattle Receives:

- Oakland's 10th and 12th round picks

Oakland Receives:

- Seattle's 9th and 15th round picks

I'll let angrygodofjebus confirm.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm curious what people think of my team so far. I think I reached with my first pick but overall I think it's going pretty well.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mornacale posted:

All your picks so far are good players. I agree that Machado was a reach, but I like Masterson a lot (more than Holland, in fact).

I admittedly wasn't ready at the start of the draft and had little time to think so I picked Machado in a hurry without thinking about it as much as I wanted to. I was also surprised Masterson fell so far. I've also been making a lot of trades in order to accumulate more picks around each other and try to target what I think are the BPAs.

I found my lineup from when Deadbeat Dad did this a few years ago and good lord what was I thinking back then (I'll post it after the draft concludes).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JosefStalinator posted:

Man, I hate being one pick away. Now I have to specifically get up early just to avoid being autopicked.

You can always send someone your picks list and ask them to draft on their behalf.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I regret that Machado pick. I wish I was a bit more ready at the time and just went for the best pitcher available.

I still think the biggest reach was Kimbrel though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Laderhan posted:

McCarthy owns alot, but that seems like kind of a reach here.

It's kind of a risky pick, I agree. I think him being injury free and pitching in Safeco is going to help significantly.

We are also starting to get to the bottom barrel of SPs that have a major league track record, too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm really curious about how Dylan Bundy will do. I had him as a late pick flier but didn't expect him to be drafted so early. Same goes for Taijuan Walker (though I expected him to be drafted soon since he has a bigger ML track record).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Real quick - how bad are positional adjustments if I were to say... switch a 3rd basemen to 2nd?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Harlock posted:

Depends on who it is. In OOTP land if someone is great defensively at one infield position, they can learn the new position over the course of a season (it might not be pretty though). It all depends on their stats - range, arm, errors, etc. Since this is only a one season sim, I wouldn't recommend it unless doing career play.

However, depending on what player it is, they might already have aptitude at that position.

Thanks. The people I were looking at had no experience playing 2nd base. I had 3 people in mind for 2nd but I think Weeks is probably the safest. No idea how OOTP will project him with his last two seasons being a down year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
CJ Cron was a bad pick, but I was at a bar and couldn't remember all the people I wanted as a potential DH except him, and saw that I was up so yeah. I probably should have just asked IcePhoenix to autodraft for me.

• Locked thread