Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
This is just too good. :allears:

Also, this will be the second piece of media I'm following at the moment that's wonderfully obsessed with Ace Attorney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Goon really is the best protagonist.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It just keeps getting better.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Shuu continues to be suspicious and creepy anytime he is on screen.

I'm half convinced he's the one that provided the explosives.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Enemy... armor?

This will be magical, I can just feel it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That was the best update ever.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So it was Ryouta's dad again? I like their backstory but somehow that's a bit disappointing to me.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Seconding Radio with Ryouta.

I can't decide, so I'll just go with Yuuya and Kazuaki.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Poor Bad Love Boys aren't getting any love.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

EagerSleeper posted:

Because in order to parody generic anime dating games, you must become the generic anime dating game.

Oh god, I'm having flashbacks to Muv-Luv.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I know it's supposed to be endearing, but that last image of him smiling reminds me of Sakura from F/SN and it creeps me out.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I did not expect Shuu's visit to be that amazing.

"Won't you be my rotting corpse, miss Lourde?"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

tlarn posted:

Attending Comiket as a salesgirl with no idea what Comiket is; what could go wrong? :v:

Anything and everything.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Huh... not sure what to think of that update.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Okay, well, now I've seen everything. Good job folks, let's go home.

This ride isn't over yet, and nor do I want it to be. :colbert:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Was it ever explained why he can only move upwards? Just a weird ghost thing?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Huh... Well that was sudden.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
... What?

This is just plain bizarre, even for Hatoful's standards.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Come to think of it, this segment did get awfully Madoka in a hurry, didn't it? :ohdear:

No one's lost their head yet, so we're not yet in Madoka territory.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
"Thank you for investigating the restaurant that eats birds. Can you now stop my garden from exploding?"

I've said "This game..." more times than I can count now.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
As soon as the king mentioned fire I wondered if he was going to try to roast them over a spit by the end of this.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Are you trying to kill us with suspense?

Anghel's adventures.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Just sit back, relax, and wait for the Hatoful to maul you in the face.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I keep debating whether to post or not because I know I'll just say something along the lines of :psyboom: and then HB will find some way to get even more ridiculous.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

Wait, Kazuaki was an actual person and Hitori was taking his place? For some reason I thought Hitori had just invented a new identity out of whole cloth. I feel like I need to find a big comprehensive beat-by-beat summary of that thing somewhere because it had a ton of revelations all packed in together and apparently I failed to keep all of them straight.

Seconding.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Ariamaki posted:

How the gently caress is this game suddenly a GIGABYTE download?

Digitized :birddrugs: require a lot of space.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Ariamaki posted:

And even more strange, it only downloaded 600 meg, but the folder still detects as a gig, Steam still says it's a gig, and my hard drive is down... 500 meg!?

Yeah, that's how Steam works normally. The "required" space is bloated to accommodate for updates or save games I guess, but the actual size is always much smaller.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Is it sad that I thought Tohri was a dude this whole time? I only realized she wasn't after seeing that cover art.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

Nah, you were right the first time. Tohri is a dude.

That is one feminine looking dude.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wow, this game switches genres as easily as turning a page.

Ill join in for the raffle.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

Sakuya is highly intelligent, but also boxed in by his assumptions and very bad at recognizing when he's wrong. He's clearly adept at political maneuvering and extremely capable within the world of noble intrigue, but he's so bought into that world he has no way of dealing with 'commoners' and rarely recognizes that people outside of his little high-class bubble could be meaningful allies or adversaries.

So, yeah, dealing with a notorious and extremely dangerous assassin? No problem. Dealing with Goon? Dude's not gonna go five seconds without making himself look like a pompous fool.

Alternatively, Sakuya was so full of himself that concern for his life never occurred to him because the world would work itself out in his favor.

Still, some pretty nifty quick thinking.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of Hatoful Boyfriend!

And it is hilarious.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
If only you could hear the sound of my applause through a post on the internet.

• Locked thread